Print Story June 8, 1998
By BadDoggie (Wed Aug 26, 2009 at 04:54:24 PM EST) Life. Stuff. Things. Happy. (all tags)
1st solo! Great job! 3 solid landings, xwind, VOR work, Great!

That's from my first logbook. There's also the 01SEP98 entry of "Private Pilot Practical Test Satisfactory" when I actually got my flying license. These two days, legally documented, were two of the happiest in my life.

Neither of them holds a candle to lying in bed at 10:00a.m., my daughter propping herself up on my chest trying to automotorvate, my wife lying in the crook of my right arm smiling and the cat coming up on the side hoping my left arm has enough freedom of motion to scratch his face.

Life is fucking AWESOME.
< Take your job and stick it wher the sun don't shine | A few points on things. >
June 8, 1998 | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Awesome by kwsNI (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Aug 26, 2009 at 05:10:53 PM EST
Got the first solo.  Got the checkride.  Got the cat.  Got the wife.  No kid, but life's still good.

Don't let the cat suck the kid's breath. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 2) #2 Thu Aug 27, 2009 at 02:06:12 AM EST
They do it at Satan's behest, you know.

Careful by jayhawk88 (4.00 / 1) #3 Thu Aug 27, 2009 at 06:20:46 AM EST
You're setting yourself up nicely for a "OMG how the hell could she possibly make so much poop?", poop. Or possibly a "9pm? Nah, it's 9am now, I'm staying up for the next 6 hours, screw you guys".

Check and check by sugar spun (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Aug 27, 2009 at 08:24:29 AM EST
But we've also had 1am-7am sleeping. It all evens out.

She's lovely.

Already? by gzt (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Aug 27, 2009 at 10:30:43 AM EST
Six hours in a stretch already? Things are really looking up.

She's wonderful. by sugar spun (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Aug 27, 2009 at 11:03:58 AM EST
Of course, at the end of six hours without food she went at me with such gusto that I'm still wincing every time she latches on, but for the most part she's a glorious, wondrous little person.

Perfect! by littlestar (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Aug 27, 2009 at 10:11:28 AM EST
Love the love! Love the enjoying what you got. Life can be so good sometimes it's great to be able to appreciate it.

*twinkle*twinkle*

It is all rather good isn't it? by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Aug 27, 2009 at 11:47:22 AM EST
Also plspstmoarpicskthxbai!