Print Story Attn Research Grant seekers!!!
Zombies
By anonimouse (Tue Aug 18, 2009 at 06:10:14 AM EST) (all tags)
I suggest some more studies are needed to verify this paper.
This ends my chuckles moment.

There will be lots of bodies, why have another here?

Ok, I will now go back to catching up on the last 3 Charlaine Harris novels... I also watched some of the True Blood series, I liked it, but I think it's too low key and slow moving to last for long.
< Arthur: Australia! | Teaching the War Robot to Chuck >
Attn Research Grant seekers!!! | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
why have another here? by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Aug 18, 2009 at 08:01:11 AM EST
Where else are you going to hide it?

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Why hide them by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Aug 18, 2009 at 08:22:08 AM EST
Display your handiwork!

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
True Blood is better than I expected. by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Aug 18, 2009 at 12:29:17 PM EST
A 6'4" Swede playing a Viking vampire - Do you really need anything else?

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

At least by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #4 Tue Aug 18, 2009 at 12:40:14 PM EST
..it didn't follow the Highlander casting approach - a Frenchman playing a Scot and a Scot playing a Spaniard...

It also sticks to its Southern US locale, as well.However, it appears to move quite slowly, so I have my doubts as to whether it'll get a big enough audience to stay....

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
It's also on subscription cable by lm (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Aug 19, 2009 at 05:28:14 AM EST
It doesn't need the blockbuster audience that it would need to get renewed if it were on a broadcast network.

Cicero, The Republic
As far as I've heard by Phil Urich (4.00 / 1) #6 Wed Aug 19, 2009 at 09:48:20 PM EST
the ratings have actually been getting better and better. Hell, HBO has already announced that it's picked up for a third season! So it's going to last at least three seasons in total.

As for why, well hey, Alan Ball's previous show for HBO was slower moving, more depressing, and didn't have vampires, yet it still lasted five seasons and, as far as I know, ended because they felt like ending. Furthermore True Blood has a fair amount of what marketers tend to call "crossover appeal"; I know hardcore male nerds (like my younger roommate) who are quite into it, and then on the other hand completely non-nerdy girls (like my other roommate's now-ex-girlfriend) who are similarly captivated by the show. Just watching it with my other vampire-show-loving friend I might not have figured it would translate to most people beyond her and I, but with statistics and anecdotal evidence pointing the way I'm betting True Blood will stay around for awhile.

Attn Research Grant seekers!!! | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback