Print Story Wash your hair once every two weeks.
Educashun
By gzt (Mon Aug 10, 2009 at 12:23:27 PM EST) gzt, adductors, squat, mare nostrum, popular (all tags)
Once every two weeks.

Work: bah. For some reason some queries aren't working like they used to and we, uh, need the information from those to do something rather important. Oh well.

Life is hard.

Studying for the test.

Pre-marital counseling beginning Wednesday.

My former roommate was having a housewarming party at his new me-less place. Started around 3. I caught a ride up with a friend who lives two blocks from me. We did stuff and played Mare Nostrum. That ended at like 7:30, at which point a bunch of people left. I thought it would be a good idea to leave then or soon. The guy I rode in with wanted to stick around and watch a movie on the new HD projector. I didn't for a couple reasons: I would be out until at least 10, there did not seem to be any prospect of serving a meal, and I had already seen the movies being proposed. I was also quite tired. Okay. So I had to ride the bus home alone with nothing on my person to keep me occupied. It took about 1.5 hours. I was kicking myself afterwards because I realized one of the people who left lives in my neighborhood and would have gladly given me a ride. Oh well. So I got home, ate, etc.

Okay. This is all nonsense. But I figured out the technical solution. I just explained it to the non-exempt person who's going to do the administrative nonsense using this. The manager in charge is still flummoxed as to what, exactly, is the problem, much less the solution.

I didn't eat well yesterday, I could afford to take a small break, and I was still catching up on sleep, so I slept in instead of going to the gym this morning. I'm seeing R this evening, so I can't go to the gym. I'll hit it tomorrow. My knees sometimes cave in about an inch on squats still. This is bad. The torque will cause injury - they are already developing that slightly gamey feel. Friggin' adductors, they've always been the root of all my problems.

We might was Up this evening. Woo.

< Thoughts on Health Care | Impassioned stupidity. >
Wash your hair once every two weeks. | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
1.5 hours on the bus, by garlic (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Aug 10, 2009 at 04:00:31 PM EST
or with walking to and from bus stops plus waiting?

to and from with waiting. by gzt (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Aug 10, 2009 at 04:18:44 PM EST
We had a 15 minute wait for a change of driver and I just missed my connection for an additional 15 minute wait. It was Sunday evening, you know, so things were running a bit less snappily.

You are single. by Fela Kuti (4.00 / 1) #3 Mon Aug 10, 2009 at 04:22:30 PM EST
Life isn't hard. You have an infinite amount of hours to yourself. Once you marry, add an an infinite amount of hours to your present schedule and then delete all those extra things you currently do. Then, try and not be bitter about it.

If it makes you feel better... by gzt (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Aug 10, 2009 at 04:29:56 PM EST
...that was said in reference to consideration of pending nuptials.

I couldn't care less. by Fela Kuti (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Aug 10, 2009 at 06:47:07 PM EST
Just letting you know is all. You live in the dreamland of all males. You are about to enter the other side that you don't realize, even if it is very rewarding. Just get used to y9ur time being monopolized, kid.

I'll give you some pre-marital counselling by me0w (4.00 / 2) #5 Mon Aug 10, 2009 at 04:47:36 PM EST
DON'T DO IT! Marriage is for chumps.

(Comment Deleted) by xth (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Aug 11, 2009 at 12:22:02 PM EST

This comment has been deleted by xth

Don't listen to xth by me0w (2.00 / 0) #8 Tue Aug 11, 2009 at 05:23:09 PM EST
There are no parties! Just lots of having to do stuff cause you are married. Take all the monies, ditch the girl and have fun.

Hookers and blow. That's where it's at.

(Comment Deleted) by xth (4.00 / 1) #9 Wed Aug 12, 2009 at 05:36:24 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by xth

our love of blow is what brought us together. by gzt (4.00 / 1) #10 Wed Aug 12, 2009 at 09:37:37 AM EST
let's just hope she can learn to love the hookers as much as i do.