Print Story on flags
Motorbikes
By gzt (Tue Jul 07, 2009 at 01:56:12 PM EST) gzt, lunch, exam, bonnie and clyde, boxers, flags, briefs, drinking alone (all tags)
So, the ol' boss was in town last week and dropped off cheesy little gift thingies for the fourth of July and stuck little paper flags on the cubicles.

Also: boxers vs briefs.

I'm not sure I like that for a variety of reasons.
  1. Flags should be made of durable materials.
  2. Flags on display should be illuminated at night.
  3. How are we supposed to dispose of these flags?
Flags aren't just some kitschy decoration, they're iconic in a sense. There are rules about displaying and using flags for that reason.

Of course, reticence about the display and use of these flags would obviously be misconstrued, so I didn't bother saying anything. Still, I have to get rid of this thing somehow.

I think I may have used a women's bar for squats and cleans/deadlifts yesterday. They seemed light, but I'm not sure whether that was because I'm terribly strong and it was a light workout or because there was indeed a 5kg difference between what I thought and what it was. Cleaning 185: cool. Cleaning 175: cool, but not as cool. I'll see what it feels like next workout and make sure I'm using a men's bar (well, I don't even need an olympic bar for squats...). The more I think about it, the more I think I was going light.

I rammed my head against a doorway a couple times this weekend. I was at church and they had a new building with low clearance in several places. The building looks great, though. None of the servers were there so I got tagged for that. I was wearing my Chuck Taylors. Oops.

Hmm. I should eat lunch. I was going to pack a sandwich, but didn't bother to this morning. I think I will eat sandwiches this evening. I was going to also discuss budget stuff, but I have the spreadsheet on my work computer and forgot to bring my thumb drive today. The internet at home is still out of commission. I have an old version on a thumb drive somewhere, or maybe on the home PC, so I can just put in updates during the discussion.

I cut slits in the bottom of the legs of my boxers today because I want to wear boxers instead of briefs in my daily life, but my thighs are just too huge compared to my waistline now and I couldn't buy boxers right at that moment - I was getting dressed! My jeans are also getting fairly tight around the thighs these days. Oh well. Or I could stick with briefs.

I watched "Bonnie and Clyde" last night. I had hoped to watch it with R sometime, but she wasn't interested, so I watched it on my own. The whole sexual thing in the movie was odd.

I should eat lunch. I should also start studying for that exam in November (I'll be busy in October!).

I'm pretty much giving up booze for the next few months except in social situations. It sounds awkward to put it this way, but it means no drinking alone. What I mean is that sometimes I'd have one bottle of some relatively expensive beer one or two evenings a week and that adds up very fast. Or one or two beers out of a six-pack. Social drinking adds up faster because it's more expensive, but we don't go out much in that way. Replacing it with milk so I'll get big and strong.

< Maybe this from now on? | Got a UK govt IT contract >
on flags | 16 comments (16 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Top Boxer Tip by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Jul 07, 2009 at 04:27:14 PM EST

Brooks Brothers Traditional Fit Boxers are the best fitting boxer shorts known to man.

but is it worth the expense? by gzt (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Jul 07, 2009 at 04:46:53 PM EST
Brooks Brothers makes high quality attire, but I don't know if my drawers need to be that pricey. On the other hand, they're the only garment that I have on all the time and are close to my most precious assets, so I do have to consider that.

And, crucial question, what is the ratio of thigh circumference to waist circumference?

I'm not sure what the ratio is by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Jul 07, 2009 at 04:56:21 PM EST

but I've found the legholes to be significantly more than adequate, much more so than many other pairs of boxers I've tried. And yes, the expense of these things is a little high, as well as the flame retardation abilities being a little low, but, as you point out, this is the Base Layer, and it spends all day guarding your junk, so it's money well-spent.

The few people that know what boxers I wear often remark on the comedy of me wearing incongruous undergarments compared to every other article of clothing I wear. Still, I insist I would wear no other boxers, aside from the occasional DriFire foliage green boxers, or maybe the Coyote Brown ones.

legholes to be significantly more than adequate, by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Jul 07, 2009 at 05:39:53 PM EST
Have things changed, or are you still in the running for Mr. Anorexia 2009?

I'm thinking gzt has beefcake legs.

Anorexics have body image problems. by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue Jul 07, 2009 at 05:53:56 PM EST

What I have is a disinterest in food. Still, in some boxers the legs are slim, while Brooks Brothers boxers, the legs are ample. I wore them before when I was a fatass, and I still wear them today.

Funny, I thought anorexia was a control thing by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #12 Wed Jul 08, 2009 at 04:04:08 PM EST

I honestly have little to no idea by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #13 Wed Jul 08, 2009 at 04:06:30 PM EST

since what I have is an awesomeness abundance in being post-food.

(Comment Deleted) by SunlightGirl (2.00 / 0) #16 Fri Jul 10, 2009 at 07:43:50 PM EST

This comment has been deleted by SunlightGirl

(Comment Deleted) by SunlightGirl (2.00 / 0) #15 Fri Jul 10, 2009 at 07:42:44 PM EST

This comment has been deleted by SunlightGirl

well, I wouldn't say beefcake. by gzt (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Jul 08, 2009 at 09:40:14 AM EST
Their girth is getting significant, though. And fatass girth is a lot different from muscle girth.

They are not flags by Gedvondur (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Jul 07, 2009 at 04:30:34 PM EST
They are miniature representations of the actual flag, thus the rules do not apply.

Respectfully recycle them when you are done with them.  I mean, what else are you going to do?  Keep them forever?

Gedvondur

"...I almost puked like a pregnant StackyMcRacky." --MillMan
Milk is for Children and other Invalids. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Jul 08, 2009 at 03:45:23 AM EST
A pox on you and your house, cur.

I'm very weak. by gzt (4.00 / 1) #9 Wed Jul 08, 2009 at 10:07:49 AM EST
Milk will make me strong.

MILK WILL LEAVE YOU BLOATY by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Jul 08, 2009 at 10:54:50 AM EST
WITH CHOLESTEROL PUSTULES UNDER YOUR EYES.

dietary cholesterol != blood cholesterol by gzt (4.00 / 2) #11 Wed Jul 08, 2009 at 11:11:21 AM EST
Really. And it's not bloating, it's large abs.

What "husky" might look like: by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #14 Wed Jul 08, 2009 at 09:10:44 PM EST

on flags | 16 comments (16 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback