Print Story TGIVF
Working life
By georgeha (Thu Jul 30, 2009 at 10:42:45 AM EST) jam bands, flies (all tags)
I need a short week (to match my short diary).

Plus back to college, too many fruit flies, The Cold War, last day and less.

Poll: Favorite work cliché.

So far, thirteen year old is enjoying her sleep over camp. Last week she only called once, this week she called Monday and Tuesday night. She did say an acquaintance kept borrowing her phone so she couldn't call. There's an all day presentation on Friday showing off what they did, so I'm getting a short week (I need it) so eight year old and I can head down there.

Tomorrow is also Mrs. Ha's last day before her office moves and combines with a big practice. The whole combination/move thing has been making her a miserable, anxious mess, and she's very generous about sharing her misery and anxiety. Things should improve after this.

In other work news, I spent an hour talking to some overseas friend's this morning, it looks like we can close my nagging, hard to fix problem.

It's a bad year for fruit flies, they're all over work, and they're all over our house. They really like my fermenting hefeweizen. Before I drained my keg of nut brown ale, the first pour would usually end up with about fruit flies, and it took forever for them to spit it back.

I was in the mood for easy reading, and The Cold War fit the bill. It was one of the books I garbage picked a few weeks ago, and it's pretty much equipment focused on what the Commies and the good guys had.

We may see Rusted Root tonight, for free, downtown, if everyone is up for it. If not, maybe I'll work on my bike and get that idle down.

< Telephone | It was Vegas. >
TGIVF | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
WIPO by sasquatchan (4.00 / 1) #1 Thu Jul 30, 2009 at 11:07:32 AM EST
hawaiian shirt friday..

Doh! by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Jul 30, 2009 at 11:18:54 AM EST

For the tri-fecta by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Jul 30, 2009 at 11:29:04 AM EST
"Is this good for the company?"

My wipo by barooo (4.00 / 1) #4 Thu Jul 30, 2009 at 11:36:06 AM EST
Calling people "resources".

man, i need a beefy taco now.
-gzt
I think we were classified as office supplies by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Jul 30, 2009 at 11:37:24 AM EST
when I was a temp software tester.

better than calling them "expenses". by gzt (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Jul 30, 2009 at 02:18:39 PM EST
Don't read anything into this.
yr friendly neighborhood human expenses representative

Silly web fliter by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Jul 30, 2009 at 12:00:21 PM EST
I can access wiki fine, but using the search optin at wiki gets me filtered.

Team Building by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Jul 30, 2009 at 02:07:51 PM EST
Often conducted down to the pub after work.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Lately it's been self funded team building outing by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #8 Thu Jul 30, 2009 at 02:09:49 PM EST
not always the pub, sometimes it's Popeye's, a barbeque place, or even bowling.

And one of us is usually stuck with the escalation phone.

I think I last cared about rusted root when by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Jul 30, 2009 at 08:09:23 PM EST
I was still in college and that perky blonde bitch from the counseling club was sooo into them.
We blew them off for the Swillburg Carnival by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu Jul 30, 2009 at 08:13:23 PM EST
a little neighborhood thing with eight year old's bff and family, and a few other families.

WIPO by prestidigitizer (4.00 / 1) #12 Tue Aug 04, 2009 at 05:27:51 PM EST
While working at <some cow-orker>'s workstation:

"Oh! Hi <cow-orker's name> - <that's a different look for you / did you change your hair / assorted other non-funny>"

TGIVF | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback