Print Story Remember that tooth ache I said wasn't so bad?
Health
By ObviousTroll (Tue Jul 28, 2009 at 10:05:26 AM EST) (all tags)
Yeah....

Woke up this morning with my throat all swollen on that side.

Trotted off to the dentist, turns out that the tooth in front of the tooth that was hurting on Saturday has an abcess - so now I've got antibiotics and vicodin in my pocket, and an appointment for a root canal - in September.

Sigh.

Still beats 10 days in the hospital, a senile father or getting all my uppers knocked out, though.
< A Day in the Life | Denied! >
Remember that tooth ache I said wasn't so bad? | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
an appointment for a root canal - in September. by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Jul 28, 2009 at 10:56:40 AM EST
Thank God we don't have Obama's Socialized Health Care®, else you might have to wait a couple of months to get the procedure done.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

In England, you have to wait nine months by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Jul 28, 2009 at 11:00:37 AM EST
for someone with pliers to take the teeth out.

Unless you're over 65, in which case they euthanize you.

And in Canada they just ship you over the border by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Jul 28, 2009 at 11:02:36 AM EST
which is why Minnesota has so many illegal Canuckistanis wandering around with placards reading "Will Work For Novacaine".

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
It;s okay though, since most Minnesota by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Jul 28, 2009 at 11:04:04 AM EST
dentists are illegal Canadian emigres who got tired of working for minimum wage and milk in bags in Canada.

In Ireland by sugar spun (2.00 / 0) #10 Tue Jul 28, 2009 at 04:46:02 PM EST
I had a wisdom tooth out on the day it started hurting.

The downsides were threefold:

- A student removed it
- without anaesthetic, because my mouth was too swollen for the needle
- and I didn't even get to keep my tooth.

Still, it cost me €38 and the relief was instant. Even without the anaesthetic.

Yup. by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Jul 28, 2009 at 11:01:19 AM EST
The good news is that my dentist is actually a Professor of Dentistry at U of P - the bad news is that his specialty is pediatric dentistry; a U of P surgeon actually rotates in one day a week to do the major stuff, and the next opening he has in September 3rd.

They did put me on a call list so I can get it done sooner if someone cancels - and my dentist promised that the pain will fade once the antibiotics have a chance to work.

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
When I was in the Army by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Jul 28, 2009 at 11:19:02 AM EST
It was one month between a dentist seeing the wisdom teeth coming in impacted, before I could even feel them, and a civilian oral surgeon doing his 2 weeks reserve time pulled them out. If he hadn't been available the Army would've flown me to Ft Sam Houston for the work.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

You know, it just occurred to me.... by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue Jul 28, 2009 at 11:05:54 AM EST
All my life, my dental coverage has been completely separate from my health coverage. Would Obama's plan actually cover dental work?

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
I'm not sure he has a plan, actually. by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #8 Tue Jul 28, 2009 at 11:20:17 AM EST
He seems to be letting Congress do all the sausage making on this one.

In many ways he seems to be far more conservative than he lets on.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Or more conservative than his supporters see him by lm (2.00 / 0) #12 Tue Jul 28, 2009 at 07:47:29 PM EST
And, at any rate, not even all of those. But I do think that many on the left projected their own points of view on Obama rather than listening to what he was actually saying. For example, during the primary debates for the Democratic nomination, his plan wasn't that much difference than what he's pushing for now. His big thing was making health care affordable to that everyone could get health care rather than a single payer system, a single provider system, or even a forced mandate.

Cicero, The Republic
WIPO: Ruptured appendix by miker2 (4.00 / 1) #9 Tue Jul 28, 2009 at 11:22:43 AM EST
Obscene amounts of pain that a morphine drip took the edge off.

Ah, sociopathy. How warm, how comforting, thy sweet embrace. - MNS
WIPO by Herring (2.00 / 0) #11 Tue Jul 28, 2009 at 06:53:42 PM EST
Gout. I have had a garden fork through my foot and that was roughly 1/67th of the pain.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky