Print Story Wiped the HD, reinstalled.
Kuro5hin
By gzt (Tue Jul 21, 2009 at 01:01:56 PM EST) gzt, almonds, fiancée, moving, baseball (all tags)
I forgot to back up my firefox bookmarks file. Shit! There wasn't anything too important in there, but the stuff was nice.

The annoying part is reinstalling and configuring everything.

I don't use the computer for much, so it won't be too bad. Here's, basically, what I have on there, in descending order of importance:

1. Firefox with a few extensions.
  2. Pidgin.
  3. Skype.
  4. Some mp3 player software - I wish amaroK worked on Windows. I really like the way it worked. Together with all my mp3s.
  5. I guess the movie catalog software I use - Ant movie catalog.
  6. Sure, there's also the antivirus stuff and things like that. Tools I don't really actively use.
  7. I occasionally use OpenOffice to do spreadsheets. Tracking, planning, budgeting. I may move to real budgeting software soon, though, as things are soon going to become more complicated. Things will require better tracking and a tool that facilitates communication.
  8. That's pretty much it.
I think I'm starting to develop golfer's elbow, though it feels more, I don't know, muscular. I'm massaging my forearms and making extra sure to keep straight wrists under load and see if it resolves itself. If things get worse, I'll treat aggressively. I'm trying to figure out what exact form problem could be causing this. I mean, I know pretty well what form mistakes in the squat cause which knee tweaks, but finding the culprit here could be tricky.

I went to a baseball game last night with a bunch of the guys. I had quite a time waiting for the bus so I pissed in an alley. People kept buying beer for the group and they kept passing it to me. I didn't get a chance to buy a round. I decided that I'd work out in the evening today instead of the morning - too much beer, too late of a night. I talked a bit with the guys about stuff and things. One of them I don't know so well, we talked a bit, turns out he knows my fiancée - which isn't surprising at all, but it was cool.

I have to pack. This week will be chock full of moving. I have to do this fast. Maybe. Probably.

These lime+chili almonds blow.

< If I had twittered my afternoon at the acropolis | We Were Aiming for Five Nines Reliability in the System. >
Wiped the HD, reinstalled. | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
it's time to join the 2009s by bobdole (4.00 / 2) #1 Tue Jul 21, 2009 at 01:09:54 PM EST
get foxmarks/xmarks (pr what ever it is called now) or be sociable and jump on the delicious band wagon. No more saving the firefox bookmarks, and as an added bonus you can have them available when you're at work/visiting computer...

-- The revolution will not be televised.
IAWTAP n/t by Gedvondur (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Jul 21, 2009 at 01:16:04 PM EST

"...I almost puked like a pregnant StackyMcRacky." --MillMan
I thought you were Norwegian. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue Jul 21, 2009 at 02:23:30 PM EST
Which is to say, I use Opera for the same.

national pride by bobdole (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Jul 22, 2009 at 02:23:24 PM EST
only goes so far.
Opera still sucks as a browser (which really means that I haven't wrapped my head around how it works, and as such think it sucks for not doing what I want it to do).

-- The revolution will not be televised.
I will probably do that. by gzt (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Jul 21, 2009 at 02:30:29 PM EST
Granted, I actually never look at my bookmarks ever again once I make them except for the few things I put, like, on my toolbar.

golfer elbow by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Jul 21, 2009 at 01:34:23 PM EST
it's tendinitis, and it's a bitch.. Enough things can cause it, hard to pin down. But don't take it lightly.. And take the cortisone shot if offered..

(It put me outta the gym for ~1 year, ended my beer league ice hockey playing, bugs me now and then, some 6 years later.. )

yeah, I know. by gzt (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Jul 21, 2009 at 01:53:59 PM EST
It feels like it's, like, not yet a problem - fairly early. I only notice it, really, when I massage the elbows. I'm taking it pretty seriously, though, since it can escalate and it really blows when it escalates. I'd have to be in very dire straits to take a cortisone shot.

I wasn't clear by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Jul 21, 2009 at 02:14:26 PM EST
I didn't take the shot, and should have.. The tendinitis is what kept me outta the gym for ~1 year.. I think it would have been a faster recovery if I got the shot :(

Not necessarily. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Jul 22, 2009 at 02:10:35 AM EST
I took three, with little relief.

Wiped the HD, reinstalled. | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback