Print Story Teeth
By Merekat (Fri Jul 17, 2009 at 08:30:39 AM EST) (all tags)
The verdict - ambigious.

The good news - even though my teeth ressemble an ancient megalithic tomb gracefully falling to earth, my bite is apparently medically absolutely fine and needs no correction. That therefore leaves...
The bad news - to make my teeth straight enough to clean easily will require 1.5 years in top & bottom train tracks, followed by a number of years (possibly lifelong) with a retainer. Oh and 15,000CHF.

So, if I thought my tits were too small, I would not pay for a boob job. If I thought my face was saggy, I would not pay for a facelift. If I thought I had wrinkles, I would not go for botox. I was raised to worry about the substantive, not the cosmetic and as an adult I have consciously kept to that. It suits me. Except now, it is a complete pain to brush the teeth, but not substantive to do anything about it. Bah.

With 15k, I could take a few months off, I could go around the world, I could learn to drive, get a car and have spare change. I could dine on truffles and truffles and blinis and caviar. Or I can get metal in my mouth.
< Ask the HuSi | At least I have food service to fall back on >
Teeth | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
WIPO by Phage (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Jul 17, 2009 at 08:45:52 AM EST
Take the food on a world trip.
I'll help.

This is something you've talked about for some by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Jul 17, 2009 at 09:50:08 AM EST
Time though.

Will having easy to clean teeth for the rest of your life be worth 15K CHF?

Holidays you forget, food you disgest, but you get to smile at yourself each morning and take 15 minutes off your daily routine.

All your counter-examples by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Jul 17, 2009 at 10:06:52 AM EST
are strictly cosmetic. Clean teeth is a health issue.

But that's a lot of money. First, I'd ask a dentist if you can get proper cleaning with a water jet type of thing rather than a brush. If you can: problem solved.

Alternately, you could accelerate the process and have them all pulled and get dentures.

Please note by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Jul 17, 2009 at 10:15:29 AM EST
I can get my teeth clean. It just takes about 4 times longer than other people.

I missed "easily" by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Jul 17, 2009 at 10:20:29 AM EST
Still, I'd check out the water jet. They work really well.
(Comment Deleted) by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Jul 17, 2009 at 11:09:28 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by ammoniacal

(Comment Deleted) by SunlightGirl (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Jul 17, 2009 at 11:42:49 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by SunlightGirl

how old are you? by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #8 Sun Jul 26, 2009 at 09:34:14 PM EST
and your teeth have survived this long, eh?

Click
Good point by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon Jul 27, 2009 at 03:51:46 AM EST
At little more than my age, my mother was having to get falsies.

Hungary, Poland. by Tonatiuh (2.00 / 0) #10 Fri Aug 14, 2009 at 02:59:04 AM EST
Dentists there will do the same work for a fraction of the cost, and since you are not as far away as Ireland or the UK, it is easier to go back to see the dentist if something is going amiss.

Teeth | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback