Print Story The American Dream
Money
By atreides (Tue Jul 14, 2009 at 10:02:24 AM EST) (all tags)
We are living it!

Yesterday I grabbed the mail and do you know what was waiting for me? Do you remember that share of stock in Tiffany & Co. I got Welsh Girl for our anniversary? Well, we got a dividend check! Our capital has officially generated seventeen cents this quarter! Though, of course, with withholding taken out our check was only for twelve cents. This is totally going to complicate our taxes! Either way, though, we are capitalists now! Time to kick back and let the profits flow in!

This post brought to you you by the words "surprise" and "sarcasm" and by the number "Whaaaaa?"

< It's been... crazy. | What I need to live on for three months >
The American Dream | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Woot woot by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Jul 14, 2009 at 10:26:06 AM EST
most quarters I get a dividend of nearly $25, and it usually comes when we're short of money.

And here I thought the American Dream was .... by me0w (4.00 / 1) #2 Tue Jul 14, 2009 at 11:54:33 AM EST
getting a 1967 Cadillac El Dorado convertible, hot pink with whaleskin hub caps and all leather cow interior and big brown baby seal eyes for headlights, yeah!

Popular culture has lied to me yet again!

(Comment Deleted) by xth (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Jul 14, 2009 at 01:06:41 PM EST

This comment has been deleted by xth

I think that is the Canadian Dream by me0w (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Jul 14, 2009 at 05:32:44 PM EST
It is certainly my dream. And I speak on behalf of all Canadians.

I thought the American dream was by dmg (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Jul 14, 2009 at 06:13:31 PM EST
Driving fast on drugs while getting your wing-wang squeezed and not spilling your drink...
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
But I've already done that... by atreides (4.00 / 1) #6 Wed Jul 15, 2009 at 12:31:21 AM EST
A man's reach must exceed his grasp or what's a heaven for?

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

Somebody else by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Jul 17, 2009 at 09:47:00 AM EST
should be the one squeezing the wing-wang.

i.e. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #12 Fri Jul 17, 2009 at 09:49:24 AM EST
It should not be in your grasp but in someone else's.

You have now become by webwench (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Jul 15, 2009 at 08:46:30 AM EST
"the man". Who are <i>you</i> keeping down today?

Getting more attention than you since 1998 .

god damn html lulz by webwench (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Jul 15, 2009 at 08:46:52 AM EST
en tea

Getting more attention than you since 1998 .

That depends... by atreides (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Jul 15, 2009 at 09:30:01 AM EST
How much oppression can one create for 12 cents?

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

hard to say by webwench (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Jul 15, 2009 at 02:14:17 PM EST
every little bit counts ;)

Getting more attention than you since 1998 .

The American Dream | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback