Print Story Well, that was interesting.
Toys
By hulver (Mon Jul 13, 2009 at 11:43:27 AM EST) (all tags)
We have the occasional bit of trouble with people parking up in our car park at work, and treating it like a public space.

It's not, it's private land so can you bugger off please.

So, somebody was leaving work and saw a car parked up next to an employees car. The occupants appeared to be looking inside it.

Me and a couple of the bigger lads decided to go out, and ask them to leave.

We got out there, and the car started to drive off, then stopped. The passenger started wibbling on about having a licence (to drive the car? Then why was he the passenger) and a load of other stuff. Was I acting the hero, being a big man, etc etc, he gets it all the time.

I didn't have a clue what he was on about, so I moved closer to the car to explain that he was on private land, he didn't have permission to be there so could he please leave.

It's only when I got closer that I saw the shotgun in his lap. Suddenly all the stuff about licences started to be a bit clearer. He was claiming to be a gamekeeper (huh, on an industrial estate) with permission of the farmer (eh, it's an office building owned by the company I work for) to clear vermin off the land.

He ranted on a bit more, then his mate drove off.

I still don't really have a clue WTF it was all about.

Just a note, he didn't threaten me with the gun or anything like that, but driving around with it in your lap like that (pointing at the floor of the car, I couldn't see if it was broken or not) is very very odd.

It's been a funny old day.

< Has there been an apocalypse? | I have to fix this. >
Well, that was interesting. | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Get the plate ? by Phage (4.00 / 4) #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 at 11:56:33 AM EST
No professional would carry a weapon in a car like that. Cops need to know.

Yes by hulver (4.00 / 2) #2 Mon Jul 13, 2009 at 12:17:41 PM EST
Going to report it tomorrow.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
I agree by squigs (2.00 / 0) #8 Tue Jul 14, 2009 at 04:20:01 AM EST
Aren't you meant to transport a shotgun in a locked box or something?

It was the pork patrol by ad hoc (4.00 / 3) #3 Mon Jul 13, 2009 at 01:12:42 PM EST

Everyone drives around like that in America. -nt by chuckles (4.00 / 5) #4 Mon Jul 13, 2009 at 01:18:00 PM EST

Whoa, sounds like a nutter by TheophileEscargot (4.00 / 1) #5 Mon Jul 13, 2009 at 01:31:31 PM EST
Back when pistols were legal there used to be a few twats with licences who got their kicks by wandering around with them in a shoulder holster (not illegal) and letting people "accidentally" catch a glimspe of it.

Possibly he normally gets a kick out of scaring people, but if the "bigger lads" are also your size, found that even with a gun he was the one shitting himself...

Off topic by nebbish (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon Jul 13, 2009 at 02:16:56 PM EST
We have a pigeon problem on the estate where I work. When discussing how to get rid of them we briefly discussed the legality of me sitting on the roof of a tower block with an air gun. Unfortunately, we decided on netting.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

What ? by Phage (4.00 / 1) #9 Tue Jul 14, 2009 at 04:22:57 AM EST
Real men would have rigged up a laser array.

You should've said by Herring (4.00 / 6) #7 Mon Jul 13, 2009 at 02:51:59 PM EST
"You want the Post Office mate. Out of here, turn left ..."

or

"Great, you're here. Now he's on the second floor ..."

Herring - Official HuSi diarist of the 2016 European Korfball Championship (October 22nd, Dordrecht, Netherlands)

Well, that was interesting. | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback