Print Story on tunes
Music
By clock (Sun Jun 07, 2009 at 09:20:40 PM EST) rocking the fuck out, click without thinking, truth (all tags)
so blixco dropped by yesterday.

we rocked the fuck out.  it was a lot of fun.  probably more fun than we should have had, all told.  there was talk about silly things, a switchblade, some bourbon, great deep dish pizza, a child-free environment and some microphones.  that's what it takes, people.

so what do we have here?  blixco singing and strumming.  clock doing things with a guitar (with a pick!).  lyrics by 256.  what could possibly go wrong?

Good Riddance World Tour 1998 [Explicit]
Good Riddance World Tour 1998
The AC Busto Blues
Won't you tell me your secrets, William Penn

enjoy at your own peril!

< Daddy's Pop-up Girl | "Subtle, or Extremist Japan?" >
on tunes | 35 comments (35 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I'd like to mention by blixco (4.00 / 2) #1 Sun Jun 07, 2009 at 09:28:27 PM EST
that on the drive in, I was listening to the Decemberists, and King Crimson and Emerson Lake and Palmer, and TOOL and bands who make outrageous pretense into music.

And our first track was the one about the statue, so my voice is damn near gone by the end of it.

But the more I listen to it
The more I like it
I do think it's good.
In fact,
no matter how I study it
no matter how I tear it apart
no matter how I break it down
it remains consistent.

---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
next stop... by clock (4.00 / 2) #2 Sun Jun 07, 2009 at 09:29:54 PM EST
...concept album.  we could do it.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Back to that, by blixco (4.00 / 3) #3 Sun Jun 07, 2009 at 09:31:46 PM EST
and yes.  Every Decemberists album is.

I need a chord organ.

And a lot more lyrics.

---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
i could simulate that. by clock (4.00 / 2) #4 Sun Jun 07, 2009 at 09:33:56 PM EST
and that's why we have 256.  we'll outsource our lyrics to the canadian!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

And by blixco (4.00 / 2) #5 Sun Jun 07, 2009 at 09:38:03 PM EST
I totally just bought a vintage chord organ via eBay.

Oh, man.

---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
our next recording date by clock (4.00 / 2) #6 Sun Jun 07, 2009 at 09:54:18 PM EST
is officially 1 week from the time you receive it.  oh i'm feelin' it now...

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

bring it on by 256 (4.00 / 2) #7 Sun Jun 07, 2009 at 10:19:02 PM EST
all you have to do to keep yourselves well supplied in songs to record is encourage me to keep overdrinking.

i swear, i wake up with trite lyrics instead of hangovers.
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni

"encourage me to keep overdrinking" by R343L (4.00 / 3) #10 Sun Jun 07, 2009 at 10:30:26 PM EST
So, uh, you require encouragement? I was under the, possibly mistaken, impression that over-drinking was your natural state of existence.

Or are you just trying to finagle it so that they send you free booze?

everyone needs a little motivation sometimes by 256 (4.00 / 2) #19 Mon Jun 08, 2009 at 05:50:05 AM EST
and i generally drink alcohol of such low character that to mail it would be an absolute waste of postage.

frankly, i'm not entirely sure how one would even go about mailing a bathtub full of fermenting sugarcane.
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni

the statue song by 256 (4.00 / 2) #24 Mon Jun 08, 2009 at 09:22:24 AM EST
i debated not even sending that one to you. it felt kinda weak to me when i finished writing it, but no amount of toying would fix it.

and now i love it. going over the top with it really saved it.
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni

It was the only way to go. by blixco (4.00 / 1) #26 Mon Jun 08, 2009 at 09:31:31 AM EST
I was listening to all these epic tunes on the way in, and really needed something that was capable of meeting that sort of vibe, and there was only one song that would do it.  We worked on it, laughed about what we'd done (some of the early takes were just attempts at making it bigger and bigger), then settled in and did it.  Now its my favorite of the bunch, and I'm pretty sure clock feels the same way.  It is really good, despite my lack of talent on the vocal fill side.  I need some lessons from, like, Joe Cocker or Eddie Vedder or the like.

---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
i'd have to say by 256 (4.00 / 2) #28 Mon Jun 08, 2009 at 09:51:13 AM EST
it's now my favorite of the three as well.
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni
dance my puppets by 256 (4.00 / 2) #8 Sun Jun 07, 2009 at 10:20:57 PM EST
this is fantastic.

i feel like i need to arrange to be in texas for the next session so i can sit on a stool in the background drinking bourbon and "being helpful".
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni

you should! by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 3) #9 Sun Jun 07, 2009 at 10:29:30 PM EST
i was "being helpful" in the other room sewing.  it rocked.

you're just the best by clock (4.00 / 2) #14 Sun Jun 07, 2009 at 10:41:49 PM EST
wife ever.  you tolerate so much and ask for so little...things like "what happened to the swearing at the end of that one?  you need to do it again!"

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

#SIGH# I hate the both of you. by greyrat (4.00 / 2) #33 Tue Jun 09, 2009 at 07:55:24 AM EST
Stop with the happy already. Can't you be like a normal married couple?

i'm pretty sure by clock (4.00 / 2) #12 Sun Jun 07, 2009 at 10:40:59 PM EST
that we're really obnoxious.  but pull up a stool and grab a glass from the kitchen!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

oh, to be a fly on the wall! [nt] by R343L (4.00 / 2) #18 Sun Jun 07, 2009 at 11:28:51 PM EST

That would either be awesome by blixco (4.00 / 2) #13 Sun Jun 07, 2009 at 10:41:26 PM EST
or comically bad. Either way, a Damn Good Time!

---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
(Comment Deleted) by 256 (4.00 / 1) #22 Mon Jun 08, 2009 at 09:09:52 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by 256

lyrics sheet by 256 (4.00 / 2) #25 Mon Jun 08, 2009 at 09:26:57 AM EST
moved here to spare rmg undue strain on his mousewheel finger.

I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni
A+1 yay! by R343L (4.00 / 4) #11 Sun Jun 07, 2009 at 10:30:46 PM EST
More cloxco!

Holy shit, that was terrific! /nt by yankeehack (4.00 / 3) #15 Sun Jun 07, 2009 at 10:45:42 PM EST

I would just like to say by johnny (4.00 / 3) #16 Sun Jun 07, 2009 at 10:47:58 PM EST
Fuck you, you sycophantic whore, you ruined my life. You bitch. Fuck you.

And it's such a sweet sounding song. by blixco (4.00 / 2) #17 Sun Jun 07, 2009 at 10:55:32 PM EST
Then it all goes pear shaped.

---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
Then it all goes APPROPRIATELY pear shaped. by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #31 Mon Jun 08, 2009 at 01:35:26 PM EST
Just sayin'.

every time i hear by clock (4.00 / 2) #20 Mon Jun 08, 2009 at 07:52:01 AM EST
"sycophantic whore" i burst out in uncontrollable laughter (that i just BARELY managed to hide in the recording).  it's a new catch phrase for me.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

I just wanna say... by ana (4.00 / 3) #21 Mon Jun 08, 2009 at 08:45:33 AM EST
more, please?

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

we're working on that. by clock (4.00 / 3) #23 Mon Jun 08, 2009 at 09:10:12 AM EST
and we might even get there!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

God damn it. by nightflameblue (4.00 / 2) #27 Mon Jun 08, 2009 at 09:48:54 AM EST
You would have to do this while my ear's still fucked. Marked for download and later perusal anyway, you magnificent bastards.

Y'all need to go to the UKian Hog Fest. by wiredog (4.00 / 2) #29 Mon Jun 08, 2009 at 10:03:05 AM EST
Her Majesty's HuSians would never be the same.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

When is that gawt danged by johnny (4.00 / 1) #32 Tue Jun 09, 2009 at 07:30:06 AM EST
hog fest spozed to happen anyway?

SRSLY? U put Stacky on teh poll by greyrat (4.00 / 2) #30 Mon Jun 08, 2009 at 01:34:11 PM EST
and u expect ppl to vote otherwise?

If yet again an MFC should come by Phil Urich (4.00 / 1) #34 Sat Jun 13, 2009 at 02:11:02 PM EST
there'd be no stopping you folks! I'm putting down my prediction of a landslide right now.

wait, how did I not notice the FFC by Phil Urich (4.00 / 1) #35 Sat Jun 13, 2009 at 02:13:58 PM EST
I am teh blind