Print Story just a quick one
By StackyMcRacky (Wed Jun 24, 2009 at 10:12:07 AM EST) (all tags)
Sesame Street gives me 1 hour to breathe.

No puking today (so far).  Score!  I was able to clean the bathrooms.

It's hot.  Freakin' hot.  Record heat.  we're supposed to hit 100+ today.  Yuck.  I'm wearing dresses as much as possible because they're so much cooler in this heat.  The one I'm wearing today it a bit big in the bodice - I didn't realize I had dropped a size when I made it.  Oops.  Whatever, it's comfortable.  When I add straps to hold my bra in, it will stop falling off my shoulders.  Of course, when my boobs get bigger it might fit a little better.

Doctor appointment next week.  Things will be confirmed.  I still can't turn a home test positive.

It's getting hard for me to get up.  Not just from sleeping, but from sitting for long periods as well.  My joints are getting stiff already.  Again, yuck.

I hope to crank out another 3 sets of pj's for The Dude by this weekend.  I am also entering them into a sewing contest, so there's a deadline (gotta be entered by Monday!).  They're really easy, I just have to crank things out.  It shouldn't take more than a day.  Hrm, I think I need some more elastic - will have to check.

We put up a retractable clothesline last week.  It's OK.  I'd rather have something more permanent.  It's also not long enough - barely fits the diaper laundry.  Still, it's a start, and that's a Good Thing.

clock is frustrated because I don't remember the details of the first trimester of my last pregnancy.  I remember sleeping all the time and being really sick after the first month.  I have completely forgotten about the goo and other fun stuff.

My parents are leaving for Jackson Hole tomorrow.  I'm totally jealous.  I guess it's going to be a few more years before we can do the Yellowstone vacation we want.  Patience.  When we go, we'll drag clock's brother with us.  3 adults + 2 kids makes much more sense.

I got some new Merrell sandals yesterday.  Soooo comfy.  Hooray for quality shoes.

clock has his iPhone now.  He's so excited.  I switched to T-mobile pay-as-you-go.  $20 for the phone and $100 for 1010 minutes (they gave me a bonus) that are good for a year.  Yay for cheap phone plans.

OK, I'm going to move laundry around and get ready to head out to story time.  Good times.

< Ask HuSi: Hosting for WordPress Blog | hard core >
just a quick one | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
That's how we rationalized cable/disc by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Jun 24, 2009 at 10:19:13 AM EST
six months of the year the outside is very unpleasant, so it's something for the kids to do.

Mrs. Ha's first trimesters were usually full of vomit and tiredness, which made her last first trimester really hard, as twelve year old was four and very demanding.

I'm doing OK so far by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Jun 24, 2009 at 10:30:18 AM EST
I'm mostly sick in the morning, so I load up on mint-flavored stuff.  I can still function, I just dry heave a lot and occasionally puke.  By 1pm, I am so tired I can't keep my eyes open.  I have moved The Dude's nap time to 1:30 pm because that's the longest I can stay awake.  I sleep when he sleeps, and wake up OK for the afternoon.  In the evening clock starts looking at me with a worried "are you OK?" face, so I guess I start to crash again then.

In many ways, this is much easier than when I was working.  The nap is my savior.  That, and I don't have to leave the house most days.

Goo? GOO!? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Jun 24, 2009 at 10:28:18 AM EST
I just threw up in my mouth, and not just a little bit either. That thought should have been pretty good birth control, I think.

this good is nothing! by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Jun 24, 2009 at 10:30:56 AM EST
post-partum is when it gets GROSS!

thanks for reminding me. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Jun 24, 2009 at 10:34:32 AM EST
yeah, seen that - got the t-shirt. well, there goes breakfast, and possibly lunch too.

The true miricle of childbirth by FlightTest (4.00 / 2) #6 Wed Jun 24, 2009 at 10:34:50 AM EST
That women will do it again .... voluntarily!

there's a reason kids are so cute by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 1) #7 Wed Jun 24, 2009 at 10:43:54 AM EST
same for puppies.

i would like to note that the birthing part was easy.  it's the pregnancy part that makes me want to hang myself.  IMO, of course.

That is NOT what you said at the time [nt] by riceowlguy (2.00 / 0) #12 Wed Jun 24, 2009 at 09:13:13 PM EST

let me clarify by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #13 Thu Jun 25, 2009 at 08:34:13 AM EST
compared to the pregnancy, the birthing was relatively easy.  birthing the dude wasn't hard, it just sucked the way it all went down (infections, botched epidurals, c-section, etc).  the pregnancy was terrible.  i would rather relive that birthing experience than the pregnancy.

that reminds me, i never did share what happened during the birth, did i?

There were allusions by riceowlguy (2.00 / 0) #14 Thu Jun 25, 2009 at 10:58:21 AM EST
which were enough to make me incredibly glad I don't have a uterus.

clock says that all the time. by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #15 Thu Jun 25, 2009 at 02:06:22 PM EST
WIMPS!

i've already forgotten by sugar spun (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Jun 24, 2009 at 10:45:12 AM EST
the first trimester.

Hopefully my amnesia will be as obliging when it comes to the birth.

Good luck - it must be much harder with a small person already running around.

because memories fade... by clock (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Jun 24, 2009 at 11:32:49 AM EST
i kept a journal.  and i remember all of it.  ALL OF IT!  everything so far is lock step with last round except you don't have the PITA job dragging you down.  instead, you have a little boy who loves you sooooo much and is slightly less of a drag.  well, emotionally.  physically, he is much more of a drag.  but he's cute.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Every so often by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Jun 24, 2009 at 11:36:41 AM EST
it occurs to me that you might be allergic to pregnant;)

heh heh by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #11 Wed Jun 24, 2009 at 03:05:02 PM EST
i'm sure the heat rash will be forthcoming.

i think it's less allergic and more of the time-honored McRacky family tradition of Not Liking Change.  pregnancy means Change for my body, and it's fighting it as hard as it can.

i'm just extremely sensitive to hormonal changes (not because i'm pregnant, just in genaral).  if anything is a little bit off, I know it quickly.  back when i was 20, i felt off during my cycle.  when i was home from college and went to the doctor, my pap smear was class III (the worst) and i was pre-cancerous.

just a quick one | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback