Print Story I'm thinking about buying some land.
Wizards and Hobbits
By Bob Abooey (Mon Jun 22, 2009 at 01:42:55 PM EST) (all tags)

Maybe I'll give up the booze and the one night stands too.

Then I'd like to settle down, in a quiet little towne, and just plum forget about everything...

I'll tell you what, if Albert "G" Gore had half the stones that this Iranian Moose-Avey bloke has, well, we'd be living in a different world right now. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those keyboard revolutionaries, no sir, but by golly if you don't stand up for what's right in the world then you don't stand a chance to effect change. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this Moose-Avey bloke is a beacon for democrats-ey, because he's most certainly not, but by jimminy those Iranian blokes deserve a semi-fair shot at a semi-fair election. That's all I'm saying. So hey, if any of my Iranian readers want to take to the streets with rifles and catchy revolution-slogans you can rest assured that I'm behind you all the way.

Meanwhile the Republican strategy of painting Obama as weak and clueless just because he hasn't run around dressed up as a cowboy with a bad southern "accent" expounding about God triumphing over Evil and whatnot is really really sad. Let's see, how well did all that tough talk bold leadership work for the 8 years the rube President Bush was in office? How about NOT AT ALL. That's how well it worked. Can any sane person dispute that? So now we've got a Negroe with more than half a brain who has a plan and is trying to act intelligently, and the old white fossils can't do any better than trot out the same old strategies over and over... Bah, if that's the direction of the new GOP then I won't be joining back up with them again anytime soon. Seriously, other than the hard core right wing nutters, who are already on their team, who do they think they're courting with this nonsense?

My Van Dyke is starting to sprout some non standard colours and as such I went to the pharmacy outlet store and bought some of that Greeshian Formula crap for 6 clams. I know what you're thinking, "Oh, my best pal Bob has jumped the shark" or "Oh my best pal Bob is so vain" or "Etc etc etc." Well let me set the record straight, it takes a real man, with real testicular fortitude, to walk up to the cute young chippy running the counter at the local CVS and purchase that crap, let alone go home and, under the cover of darkness, smear it all over your face. I have to say though, and I'm not getting paid by anyone to say this, that stuff really works wonders. Nary a gray hair to found on this boy's VD anymore!!! Ha! I laugh in the face of Father Time!

That's it, I'm off to work on the tan while catching 18 holes - then after knocking back a few beers at the clubhouse I'm going to swing by the welfare office to pick-up my food stamps and go get some steaks and cigarettes!

< No Nuclear Wessels | "July 1991 Sumida River & Re-edit of SRT" >
I'm thinking about buying some land. | 39 comments (39 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Steely Dan, Dire Straits and the Police by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Jun 22, 2009 at 01:52:56 PM EST
really don't qualify as "rock" bands, so I cannot vote for them. Your dressing list is OK though.

-1 nobody talks smack about the DAN! by atreides (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Jun 22, 2009 at 02:20:02 PM EST
I wasn't umm,,, Talking... Smack... by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon Jun 22, 2009 at 02:42:19 PM EST
I was merely pointing out that the music of Steely Dan et al does not really fit into the traditional genre of "rock" music. They are quite a bit more sophisticated than 4 beats to the bar drums, bass, rhythm and lead guitar with one or two vocals and all that.

Good save... :) by atreides (4.00 / 2) #11 Mon Jun 22, 2009 at 03:26:54 PM EST
Well by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #20 Mon Jun 22, 2009 at 06:18:03 PM EST
Not to get into an Internet Debate about the finer minutia of Rock vs. Prog Rock or Alt Rock or whatever, but, just because those bands aren't the traditional brain dead I-IV-V 4/4 rock stuff doesn't make them any less the rock.

That is to say, if they're not Classic Rock bands then just what exactly are they?

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

(Comment Deleted) by xth (2.00 / 0) #38 Wed Jun 24, 2009 at 05:55:05 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by xth

Frampton Comes Alive by jayhawk88 (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Jun 22, 2009 at 01:58:44 PM EST
....with flavor.

You haven't had a salad by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Jun 22, 2009 at 02:06:47 PM EST
until you've had it with harissa.. Or, for the wussy, harissa mixed in Italian dressing.. Though wiki seems to show some awful variety of harissa.

Republican strategy by duxup (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Jun 22, 2009 at 02:10:35 PM EST
I recall the Sarah Pailin stuff and Republicans refusing to accept she might not in fact have been the best choice. The argument was always "she appeals to / rallies the base".  I never got that.  That seemed to be the absolute sign that "we're just going to do the same stuff over and over again".  Your base is for the most part folks who are going to vote for you anyway. Hell I could run and slap an R next to my name and they’d vote for me. That doesn’t help any party.

Having said that the Republicans have the same advantage the Dems can always count on. They're the only other game in town.

____
Exactly. by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #18 Mon Jun 22, 2009 at 06:10:03 PM EST
They need to GROW the base as it's been shrinking like a bad polyester suit dried on the hot setting for the past 4 years. How about some NEW ideas? How about moving away from the superiour/angry stance towards something a little less condescending?

That's what kills me about the whole Sarah Palin deal. The GOP wants to know why the left "hates" her so much. Uh, maybe it's because other than being young-ish and a woman, she's just like all the old dottering white fossils in the party only less bright and less qualified. I mean, what are we, stupid?

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

Palin by duxup (2.00 / 0) #30 Tue Jun 23, 2009 at 08:40:46 AM EST
I think even goes farther with Palin, she carries some extra baggage even amongst GOP folks that I know.  Her choice was the ultimate in political cynicism (and idiocy).

Folks seriously thought someone on the right was going to split or even shave off the democratic vote because she was a woman, but politically runs in the opposite direction than the Hillary supporters she was supposed to pick up?  Dear gord.

If anything it would seem her choice represents the politically disconnected and insulated politics that just about everyone hates.  The fact that she’s still around as an apparent GOP hopeful just highlights the GOP’s lack of options and ideas.

____
I don't think she's really a hopeful by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #34 Tue Jun 23, 2009 at 06:31:33 PM EST
In her mind maybe, but I doubt very seriously that she could win the nomination.

I still think she was a desperation pick by McCain - he knew he was up against stiff odds and felt like he had to pull a "maverick" play out his hat. Bah - I'm still amazed that he got as many votes as he did.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

His pick by duxup (2.00 / 0) #37 Tue Jun 23, 2009 at 08:59:31 PM EST
I think he wanted Lieberman, but new he couldn't or was told he wouldn't get it.  Then got pissed, made a snap decision, and it was a stupid one.  Maybe that is my wet dream of the old McCain (I liked him in 2000) but I'm sticking too it.

____
You should use Just For Men by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Jun 22, 2009 at 02:12:31 PM EST
it's the hair colour Tim Wakefield uses. You can't argue with numbers like those.
Bah by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #16 Mon Jun 22, 2009 at 05:24:34 PM EST
Tim Wakefield????

Who is this Tim Wakefield bloke that you speak of and what is this baseball game that he seems to play???

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

Tim Wakefield by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #17 Mon Jun 22, 2009 at 05:26:43 PM EST
He's a Just For Men beard colour pitchman.

You know, like Billy Mays only better.

Ah by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #19 Mon Jun 22, 2009 at 06:11:48 PM EST
They had the Just For Men beard stuff at the CVS but it was more $$$ than the Grecian Formula.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

WIPO: Allman Brothers/Greek by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon Jun 22, 2009 at 02:17:48 PM EST
or even the Allman Brothers at the Greek with a Greek salad.

Gah - the Allman Brothers by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #15 Mon Jun 22, 2009 at 05:21:12 PM EST
I forgot about them. A great Classic Rock band for sure, but lets face it, not the most politically correct for today's generation where both men and women are viewed equally.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

FREEBIRD!!!!!11! by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #22 Mon Jun 22, 2009 at 08:24:43 PM EST

semi-fair shot by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Jun 22, 2009 at 02:19:48 PM EST
I hear the security trolls there are semi-fair shots.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Ladies and Gentlemen by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 1) #10 Mon Jun 22, 2009 at 02:54:30 PM EST
I present to you: Bob Abooey, kept man.

Yes, fair readers, I think it is time to call it - Bob Abooey is a kept man.

All Hail Bob Abooey!

so, ah, by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #12 Mon Jun 22, 2009 at 03:49:41 PM EST
is this finally a call out that clock is bob's dupe account ? Or vice verse ?

That's a pretty silly argument by notafurry (4.00 / 3) #13 Mon Jun 22, 2009 at 04:02:32 PM EST
Given that they're both mrgoat.

Both? by mrgoat (2.00 / 0) #21 Mon Jun 22, 2009 at 06:41:20 PM EST
All three, friends, all three of them.

--top hat--
I AM SPARTACUS! by clock (2.00 / 0) #24 Mon Jun 22, 2009 at 08:29:11 PM EST
i mean...uh...mrgoat!!!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Well, that makes one of us. by mrgoat (2.00 / 0) #31 Tue Jun 23, 2009 at 09:29:31 AM EST

--top hat--
um by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #23 Mon Jun 22, 2009 at 08:28:28 PM EST
I'm a SAHM, so clock can't really be "kept" on no income.

tsk tsk... by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #14 Mon Jun 22, 2009 at 05:18:08 PM EST
Oh that it were true.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

proof by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 2) #25 Mon Jun 22, 2009 at 08:32:23 PM EST
  • hooked up with a nympho
  • moved in with said nympho
  • doesn't have a job
  • concerned with bird seed
  • colours facial hair

QED Bob is a kept man.

unless, of course, my previous theory that BOB IS OLD MAN MCMURPHY was correct.

• * Eats free shrimp by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #26 Mon Jun 22, 2009 at 09:26:57 PM EST

I didn't think he participated in that? by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #29 Tue Jun 23, 2009 at 08:21:21 AM EST
    He just acknowledged the Cleveland thing of stuffing your purse with sample shrimp.  Hrm, I wonder how big of a purse Bob carries, esp. since he's been unemployed so long.

TRICK QUESTION!  He doesn't carry a purse because he's a kept man!!!

Of COURSE he carries a purse! by ad hoc (4.00 / 2) #32 Tue Jun 23, 2009 at 12:48:47 PM EST
    Hers!
    this comment is why by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #33 Tue Jun 23, 2009 at 01:53:23 PM EST
    we need 7s

Mmmmmm by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #35 Tue Jun 23, 2009 at 06:32:12 PM EST
    Free Shrimp....

Warmest regards,
    --Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

Why I saw just such a place last weekend by LinDze (2.00 / 0) #27 Mon Jun 22, 2009 at 11:10:12 PM EST
    down in beautiful Hanover KS. Right on Denver Ave, for sale by owner it said.

My great (great?) grandfather owned the big field SE of town and the railyards just south of North St next to the railroad

-Lin Dze
    Arbeit Macht Frei

You know Gerry Rafferty's been missing by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #28 Tue Jun 23, 2009 at 12:35:32 AM EST
    since this past January, right? If you have him, you should let him go, as he was clearing £84,000 per month in royalties for thar ditty . . .

Turns out they found him by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #36 Tue Jun 23, 2009 at 06:33:38 PM EST
    I just googled - seems he has a bit of a problem with the drink. I guess he was never able to give up the booze and the one night stands as it turns out.

Warmest regards,
    --Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

(Comment Deleted) by xth (2.00 / 0) #39 Wed Jun 24, 2009 at 06:00:21 AM EST