Print Story The Complication of relationships
By Fr33As a B1rd (Thu Jun 18, 2009 at 10:00:59 PM EST) (all tags)
 I am sure that no-one here is a stranger to the above title.......

Shit, have completely forgotten html, so this will probably read as one big block of text. Apologies for that., I will re-learn it if I write anything else on here...... Anyway, I am currently living in Australia. I am British, took a year out to travel Down Under. Before I arrived here about a month ago, I chilled out in Hawaii for a few weeks where I met this gorgeous guy - free spirited, sensual, intelligent, sexy as hell..... you get the picture. From the moment we met, we were together until I had to get the plane here. Funnily enough, even though he lived in Hawaii, it was his last week too before returning home to Texas. It was romantic and perfect..... he even shed a few tears. We are both very spiritual people and meditated together on the last night. Swam in the sea together every day...... And we stayed in constant contact and maintained the connection through facebook, e-mail, phone, etc.

Now he is coming to Australia to be with me! You can't imagine how happy I am! But the situation is not without its problems........ My dude, let's call him 'The Texican' has issues with jealousy. He openly admits this, and says that I have been good with helping him through it so far. However, He's seen photos of me with guys I have met and become friends with in Sydney, and makes comments before he has time to think about it and stop himself. Also, (and this really surprised me), he said he wanted us to be open and honest with each other before his arrival, so he told me he drunkenly kissed someone and is meeting his ex girlfriend one last time and he may sleep with her. I am quite laid-back, and the way I see it, we are both young, 27, and have healthy sexual appetites. We have only been physically together for a week and are currently oceans apart. It's the different area codes rule! So, I gave him my blessing to sleep with the ex, but pointed out that when he comes here, we should both be faithful, because it's more like a proper relationship that we are entering into. He agreed and then asked the dreaded question........... 'so, have you had any play?'

I wanted to mirror his premise of honesty, so I told him the truth, yes, I have slept with someone. He has tried to act cool, but he is now asking how much time we have spent together, and I get the impression that this doesn't sit well with him. I hope it doesn't cause any problems when he finally gets here in 3 weeks time........'May we live in interesting times'
< Programming Fun Challenge: Food on Expenses | If you're not into yoga >
The Complication of relationships | 19 comments (19 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Hi Egil [nt] by TheophileEscargot (3.50 / 6) #1 Fri Jun 19, 2009 at 01:37:30 AM EST

Correction by anonimouse (4.00 / 3) #2 Fri Jun 19, 2009 at 02:32:35 AM EST
Hi again, Egil

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
(Comment Deleted) by xth (4.00 / 3) #3 Fri Jun 19, 2009 at 06:08:51 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by xth

You've got to have a hjobby [nt] by gazbo (4.00 / 3) #4 Fri Jun 19, 2009 at 06:18:25 AM EST

That's a Norwegian hobby, FYI [nt] by gazbo (4.00 / 6) #5 Fri Jun 19, 2009 at 06:18:52 AM EST

I thought by anonimouse (4.00 / 3) #6 Fri Jun 19, 2009 at 06:28:08 AM EST
this hobbjy was ill-egil

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
(Comment Deleted) by xth (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Jun 19, 2009 at 06:35:58 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by xth

I am 99.9999% sure by TPD (4.00 / 1) #9 Fri Jun 19, 2009 at 10:15:50 AM EST
you are wrong in this instance

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
Someone you know? by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri Jun 19, 2009 at 12:02:37 PM EST
I think we should have an "known users" tag on people

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
yeah by TPD (2.00 / 0) #17 Sun Jun 21, 2009 at 03:49:19 AM EST
it's someone who has been posting (if far too infrequently) since k5 days.

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
Possibly premature by TheophileEscargot (4.00 / 4) #13 Fri Jun 19, 2009 at 12:35:49 PM EST
The good thing about Egil is, if you just call out every new account you're going to be right 80% of the time.
People claim by MrMole (4.00 / 1) #8 Fri Jun 19, 2009 at 07:15:30 AM EST
to want the truth but in most cases they don't since they can't handle it.

Best of luck.

Thank you MrMole by Fr33As a B1rd (2.00 / 0) #14 Sat Jun 20, 2009 at 12:02:43 AM EST
And you are right. Every time he brings up, I am going to suggest we move on and leave it in the past. He swiftly forgets that he will be sleeping with his ex one day soon before he gets here, and I have to be cool and accepting about that! Which I am.

I am sure by TPD (2.00 / 0) #10 Fri Jun 19, 2009 at 10:22:06 AM EST
in 3 weeks these worries will just melt (like the preverbial antartic icecaps) away and you and teh Texican will have a GREAT time together and the worries will be the worries of 2 people missing each other not of 2 people there together! (if that makes sense)

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
It does make sense! by Fr33As a B1rd (2.00 / 0) #15 Sat Jun 20, 2009 at 12:05:41 AM EST
And if it's all a huge mistake, then I guess he can always go back from whence he came! (Not that I want to sound flippant, and I hope with all my heart that it does work out)

Well just going into it with the right attitude is by TPD (2.00 / 0) #18 Sun Jun 21, 2009 at 03:51:33 AM EST
all you can do, and see just where those chips land...

As well as keeping us updated of course :)

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
Ask Dr. Thrustgood by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Jun 19, 2009 at 10:44:02 AM EST
about Texans.
Why? Is he a Texan? by Fr33As a B1rd (2.00 / 0) #16 Sat Jun 20, 2009 at 12:06:54 AM EST
Is there some crucial information I should know about Texan men?

He had an ex who was Texan. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #19 Sun Jun 21, 2009 at 01:31:58 PM EST
And it all went rather messy.

That said, I understand clock is having some success with some Texan chick he met over the internet.