Print Story Attn: Tattoo junkies
Health
By anonimouse (Wed Jun 17, 2009 at 04:41:59 AM EST) random, stuff (all tags)
Please not to be "falling asleep" during the process, otherwise you might not get what you asked for.

And it's nice to see that some women recognise the order of priority between football and an impending baby in the mind of the average man
< Things ain't what they used to be | I really should read more William Golding >
Attn: Tattoo junkies | 31 comments (31 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Busted link ? by Phage (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Jun 17, 2009 at 04:44:05 AM EST
I saw that. I never cease to be amazed...

Falling asleep, by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Jun 17, 2009 at 04:44:45 AM EST
or changing her mind?

Looks like the tattooist didn't establish consent and that the girl's a bit of an idiot.

I am surprised by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Jun 17, 2009 at 05:47:19 AM EST
You fall asleep when someone is needling your face.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Yeah, right by darkbrown (4.00 / 3) #5 Wed Jun 17, 2009 at 06:38:43 AM EST
I'm sure plenty of girls have been asleep while you "needled" their faces.

well by bobdole (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Jun 17, 2009 at 06:02:52 AM EST
she got what she was asking for, and more... oh wait - too many?

-- The revolution will not be televised.
obviously more was going on by Phil Urich (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Jun 17, 2009 at 06:56:45 AM EST
if she fell asleep while someone used a needle to etch into her skin all over one side of her face; if she got herself stoned, drunk or medicated to get through it then tough luck for her. No pain, no gain (or at least, your gain goes terribly awry).

Buyer's remorse by sugar spun (4.00 / 2) #7 Wed Jun 17, 2009 at 08:01:37 AM EST
All the stars are complete, and all their lines are straight.

Had she actually woken in a panic when the guy was tattooing her nose, there'd probably be an incomplete star there, or at least one not filled in properly. There isn't.

Had he done the stars freehand, the lines would not be so exact, especially over an area as undulating as the face. They've been traced on beforehand and she's clearly consented.

In any case, he had someone there the whole time who saw that the girl was awake and getting up to check progress in a mirror. She's an idiot.

Tracings by Breaker (4.00 / 3) #8 Wed Jun 17, 2009 at 08:56:37 AM EST
I have never seen a professional tattoo artist not put trace lines on before beginning outline work (like these stars were).  Whether that's done by transfers, freehand pen or whatever, they always put the marks out before making it permanent.

And if you're not happy before they start, they will always erase the markings and start anew.

Buyer's remorse is exactly it.

One of mine was done freehand. by sugar spun (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Jun 17, 2009 at 09:40:34 AM EST

It was drawn on with a pen and then most of the ink wiped away so there was just a faint guideline for him to work from. The guy's a freehand speciaist though and we were six weeks in the planning and cooling-off stage. I wouldn't have entrusted it to some guy who I couldn't even (allegedly) communicate with.

So there were still guides by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #11 Wed Jun 17, 2009 at 09:50:08 AM EST
not freehand
Vaguely. by sugar spun (2.00 / 0) #12 Wed Jun 17, 2009 at 11:47:34 AM EST
It's hard to explain without showing the tattoo. From the various pen drawings we saw that it looked far better when drawn freehand than when stylised, so the outlines were there as a reminder as to size and placement rather than design. It's placed to stretch with my muscles, so some guiding was necessary, but not for design so much as location.

if feasible, show it. by garlic (2.00 / 0) #14 Wed Jun 17, 2009 at 02:59:06 PM EST
I love looking at people's tattoos.

Wow. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Jun 17, 2009 at 09:00:29 AM EST
That's kinda hot.

Wait what? by duxup (2.00 / 0) #13 Wed Jun 17, 2009 at 01:24:52 PM EST
How do you sleep thru having pigment injected into your face?
____
I want to know by SunlightGirl (2.00 / 0) #15 Wed Jun 17, 2009 at 03:13:44 PM EST
What was she taking that she knocked out so.
I may have my tat artist friend do that to me - that is rad. Too bad it isn't on both sides.
Oh fuck the ponies - fuck it all...
Because you're not unemployable ENOUGH? by BadDoggie (4.00 / 3) #16 Wed Jun 17, 2009 at 06:57:10 PM EST
Unless she has a career as a New Zealand travel agent something she can do completely from home without ever being seen by anyone she's fucked. Not even a fast food place will hire her with that shit on her face.

woof.

OMG WE'RE FUCKED! -- duxup ?

I'd hire her. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #17 Wed Jun 17, 2009 at 11:10:15 PM EST
For my *special* project.

(Comment Deleted) by SunlightGirl (2.00 / 0) #18 Thu Jun 18, 2009 at 12:05:14 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by SunlightGirl

Who said anything about removal? by ammoniacal (4.00 / 3) #19 Thu Jun 18, 2009 at 02:44:43 AM EST
You gotta work on that comprehension thang.

(Comment Deleted) by SunlightGirl (2.00 / 0) #21 Thu Jun 18, 2009 at 10:16:58 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by SunlightGirl

I am. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #22 Thu Jun 18, 2009 at 10:59:08 AM EST
Have you been paying attention?

(Comment Deleted) by SunlightGirl (2.00 / 0) #23 Thu Jun 18, 2009 at 11:02:28 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by SunlightGirl

(Comment Deleted) by SunlightGirl (2.00 / 0) #26 Thu Jun 18, 2009 at 11:26:59 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by SunlightGirl

(Comment Deleted) by SunlightGirl (2.00 / 0) #25 Thu Jun 18, 2009 at 11:07:56 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by SunlightGirl

Cupcake? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #27 Thu Jun 18, 2009 at 12:41:43 PM EST
Well, that's a first.

Not the eating part, of course.

(Comment Deleted) by SunlightGirl (2.00 / 0) #28 Thu Jun 18, 2009 at 04:41:12 PM EST

This comment has been deleted by SunlightGirl

Oh and are you practicing your dance moves? by SunlightGirl (2.00 / 0) #30 Thu Jun 18, 2009 at 05:39:22 PM EST

I suspect that trying these moves might work better if one were smoking a joint or pretty liquered up.
I think the Sounders need a similar dance.

"Just keep it running now baby just keep it coming."
"Your gonna find out ya I'm one in a milion"  best with your destiny.
Oh fuck the ponies - fuck it all...
So are you going to answer the ? by SunlightGirl (2.00 / 0) #29 Thu Jun 18, 2009 at 04:53:30 PM EST

What would you be the patron saint of if you croaked today?

Oh fuck the ponies - fuck it all...
Trolling n00bs. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #31 Thu Jun 18, 2009 at 05:56:23 PM EST
Like I *needed* to say it.

Even a life of crime by Phage (4.00 / 1) #20 Thu Jun 18, 2009 at 04:57:05 AM EST
Isn't going to be possible now.

(Comment Deleted) by SunlightGirl (2.00 / 0) #24 Thu Jun 18, 2009 at 11:06:17 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by SunlightGirl