Print Story So many weddings...
By squigs (Mon Jun 01, 2009 at 06:09:16 PM EST) (all tags)
Hadn't been to a wedding for years and then 4 come along at once.

Wedding #1 last week, #2 weekend just gone, wedding #3 next month, wedding #4 in August.

Wedding #1 was last week.  An almost traditional affair, except both pagans with CoE family so it was non-religious.

Demonstrated my mad dancing skillz.  Actually there were 3 couples who were experienced Leroc dancers and wayyy better than me.  That said, I'm a strong lead so I grabbed a cute 19 year old friend of bride and taught her a basic routine over the course of a song.  Yeah!  But there's that half age + 7 rule.

Wedding #2 was a much more unusual affair.  Both pagan again, but this was more traditional in one sense.  Never been to a handfasting before.  Danced a ceilidh.  Drank fruit wines, meads and ales.  Dress code was "striking".  People admired my waistcoat.

A friend seemed to be getting unusually touchy-feely, which was weird since I'd known her for a while and she'd never shown any interest in me (and there was that usual social inept/crush/given up/friends zone thing I do so well).  Seems she actually quite likes me.  :)

Am now a little confused...

< Random Thoughts. | The Internet is a Cesspool (Music Content) >
So many weddings... | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden)
You have the age thing wrong by nebbish (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Jun 02, 2009 at 05:19:17 AM EST
It is 16 and over

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Ask an MP. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #2 Tue Jun 02, 2009 at 05:42:58 AM EST
What is legally permissible is much greater than what is right.

No, wait, don't ask an MP.

Laws/rules by squigs (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Jun 02, 2009 at 07:26:11 AM EST
That's the law.

This is the not being creepy rule.

Maybe I should just go for the creepy thing.

Definitely by nebbish (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue Jun 02, 2009 at 08:39:46 AM EST
You can always call prejudice over your "sexuality" if anyone says you're a paedo.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

While you are confused by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Jun 02, 2009 at 06:02:20 AM EST
You should collect more data rather than doing nothing:)

WEDDINGS MAKE NON-BRIDE WOMEN HORNY. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Jun 02, 2009 at 07:31:48 AM EST
DETAILS AFTER A WORD FROM OUR SPONSOR.

YUO FORGOT by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Jun 02, 2009 at 10:11:31 AM EST
UNAMRRIED

No. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #8 Tue Jun 02, 2009 at 10:42:59 AM EST
I'm pretty sure it's the entire class of them.

I am aware of this... by squigs (4.00 / 3) #9 Tue Jun 02, 2009 at 10:48:11 AM EST
What!? You think I go to weddings to see friends get married?

(Comment Deleted) by SunlightGirl (2.00 / 0) #11 Mon Jun 08, 2009 at 11:20:04 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by SunlightGirl

:( by R343L (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Jun 03, 2009 at 02:18:55 AM EST
You make me sad. You remind me that I've not been invited to any weddings aside from my sister's.

No, really. I'm not exaggerating.

Okay, technically a DnD friend (that I only met a couple months ago) has invited me to hers, but as it's a giant camp-out in the woods and my invite is merely oral, I suspect she'd invite anyone she doesn't dislike.

Rachael

(Comment Deleted) by SunlightGirl (2.00 / 0) #12 Mon Jun 08, 2009 at 11:22:23 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by SunlightGirl

So many weddings... | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden)