Print Story I'm in Arlington, VA
News
By gpig (Mon May 04, 2009 at 11:37:27 AM EST) arlington, virginia, dog, rain, that lovely wet dog smell (all tags)
and here to stay

at least, if USCIS says I can -- got to keep track of these foreigners or you don't know what they'll get up to.

So .... we finally made the move. Abject apologies to all the Boston HuSers, as we meant to make one last visit up there. Things have been pretty busy though, especially the amount of work we have to put in to looking after the dog (ok, he's easy to feed, walk etc. but if you don't pet him for at least an hour a day he looks sad).

I'll be going back to Woods Hole once a month to talk to a guy with a beard about Science (and computers, and using computers to do Science), so there will be many more opportunities to meet up in Boston between the bus and the train. The rest of my little family will not travel with me, unfortunately.

Also, is there a HuSi meet in this part of the world? If there isn't, could I start one?

It's raining here. I think that the range and pungency of the wet dog smell increases with the hairiness of the dog, and we have a pretty hairy dog.

< Thoughts, stupids, ideals. | Media I have consumed >
I'm in Arlington, VA | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
A few DC area folks by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon May 04, 2009 at 11:44:06 AM EST
wiredog and LM.

Formerly Cam, but he left now at least a year ago.

I'm 2.5 hrs south in history.org territory..

I don't see why we couldn't do a DC HuSi meet. by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon May 04, 2009 at 11:47:00 AM EST
Go for it.

Where in Arlington? I'm in McLean, lm is in Silver Spring.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Is that why by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon May 04, 2009 at 02:33:40 PM EST
you didn't answer your doorbell?
Only one diary with the dog tag by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon May 04, 2009 at 03:09:32 PM EST

Welcome to the metro area by lm (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon May 04, 2009 at 05:01:57 PM EST
All the HuSites I know of close to town have already spoken up. I'd be up for a get together down the road, just not this week.

Cicero, The Republic
Say "hi" to my alky uncle! by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue May 05, 2009 at 01:35:54 AM EST
You'll grow to love the humidity, I'm sure.

bummer by Kellnerin (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue May 05, 2009 at 07:45:53 AM EST
We never got to have a Boggle showdown! (You would have won.) Grats and best of luck with everything in VA ...

"Late to the party" is the new "ahead of the curve" -- CRwM
Steady on by gpig (4.00 / 1) #8 Tue May 05, 2009 at 01:33:26 PM EST
There will still be opportunities for Boggling, providing we can agree on a dialect of English ....
(,   ,') -- eep
Also, by iGrrrl (2.00 / 0) #9 Tue May 05, 2009 at 07:33:55 PM EST
I have non-Husite friends in the area, and I think you would like each other. (one is found in this article, and he works for MITRE) How to arrange a meeting? The other is Neil Gaiman's Web Goblin.

Hope the furniture arrives!

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

I'm in Arlington, VA | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback