Print Story Some MLP, photo of the day
Latin
By Breaker (Thu May 21, 2009 at 08:06:10 AM EST) (all tags)
As we continue our Augean cleansing, will the naming and shaming be complete before the EU elections in June?

Dr H, look away now.

The voters want more blood it would appear.

Labour, Conservative, LibDem, Sinn Fein - all at it..  Allegedly a protest at high noon outside the Houses of Troughers in that link; whether it'll be a protest or a couple of blokes in masks who knows.

Myself, I think I will be voting Jury Team in June.  Anyone got a link for an online questionnaire that matches you to a party at all?

Darth Vader wants you to use the force and backs UKIP; I still reckon they're tainted by criminal proceedings and would like to give the fresh party a go.

LOLWHAT? - white man causes outrage by describing himself as "white African-American".  What with being white, and born and raised in Africa then obtaining US citizenship.

One further step to proving I am right that GTLSB and Darling's scorched earth fiscal policy is possibly not the finest - S&P cut our rating outlook.

Vegetarians, look away now.

1.5Kg of prime, homemade sausage made from scratch.  I was able to announce to MBW last night "sausagetime!" and mean it.

Easier than I thought it'd be, although not for the squeamish - handling sheep intestine is pretty unpleasant and it mings until it's been soaked thoroughly.  Fiddly to "shire" it to the nozzle of the sausage stuffing machine though, but there is a knack to it.

Best sausages I have ever tasted.

On the subject of home photography, why did people accuse me of doctoring the photo in this holiary?

< Easing into Alpha | Cigarette Pack Top Trumps >
Some MLP, photo of the day | 20 comments (20 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
The sausage link is busted by Phage (4.00 / 2) #1 Thu May 21, 2009 at 08:11:07 AM EST
There's a clever pun in there somewhere I'm sure...

ZOMFG I'm so hungry! by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu May 21, 2009 at 08:15:48 AM EST

Sausage! Sausage! Sausage! Sausage! by nebbish (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu May 21, 2009 at 08:18:59 AM EST
Wow those looks good. Tell me if you ever go into business.

The proposals for parliamentary reform are interesting, esp the idea of a referendum on electoral reform, which I'd imagine would be on proportional representation. That'd probably be the most important vote of our lives and I'm buggered if I know which way to vote.

UKIP MP Bob Spink was the only MP top support that tosser Michael Martin BTW

Will probably vote Green in the Euro elections, could possibly be persuaded to vote Lib Dem.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

More seriously by Phage (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu May 21, 2009 at 08:19:50 AM EST
There is a clear need for a new party.
Rational Party anyone ?
No to ID cards and Trident.
Yes to renewables and nuke power.
MP's get £80k and a flat allowance for those who live >1hr from Westminster. No pensions.
Yes to Grammar schools
Yes to border controls
Purge managers from NHS
Universities to get increased funding for vocational degrees.
Double tax allowances on R&D
etc etc

ID Cards I get by LinDze (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri May 22, 2009 at 01:02:32 AM EST
Its total pants and just going to the bitter end to save face at this point.

But whats the deal with Trident? Does the public seriously feel there's no need for seconds strike capabilities for at least a generation? If it's just the money why isn't everyone (more) livid about BAE, Eurofighter, etc?

-Lin Dze
Arbeit Macht Frei

True by Phage (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri May 22, 2009 at 04:54:11 AM EST
They should also be enraged by those useless excesses. Do we really need a second strike capability ? probably not. I don't think that has been proven.
We only rent them from the US anyway.

I think its more of a lease by LinDze (2.00 / 0) #15 Sat May 23, 2009 at 04:28:50 AM EST
for the pointy bits. But you still need to provide the cargo totes to carry them around. Anyways I personally would rather keep second strike alive than buy more useless second class fighters from BAE.

-Lin Dze
Arbeit Macht Frei
Oh boy, if you guys are upset about military spend by garlic (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri May 22, 2009 at 10:11:51 AM EST
ing, just look at the US.

I don't mind though. It pays the bills.

Why do you trust S&P? by darkbrown (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu May 21, 2009 at 08:22:06 AM EST
Didn't they say all those "collaterised debt obligations" full of "sub-prime mortgages" were better than bread which someone has already cut into several equal size pieces?

(Comment Deleted) by xth (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu May 21, 2009 at 08:26:10 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by xth

the white African-American story by codemonkey uk (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu May 21, 2009 at 08:30:58 AM EST
is outstanding :D

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.
Party matcher by brokkr (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri May 22, 2009 at 03:26:45 AM EST
Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjalfr it sama,
ek veit einn, at aldrei deyr: dómr um dau∂an hvern.

Kommunistesch Partei Lëtzebuerg? by Dr H0ffm4n (2.00 / 0) #10 Fri May 22, 2009 at 04:31:33 AM EST
I'm a Luxembourg Communist!

Leftie bias? by brokkr (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri May 22, 2009 at 04:58:47 AM EST
I apparently fit quite well into the profile of Özgürlük ve Dayanışma Partisi. Upon reading about them I would never vote for them, though. Need something a bit more lib dem :)
Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjalfr it sama,
ek veit einn, at aldrei deyr: dómr um dau∂an hvern.

intestine by LilFlightTest (4.00 / 1) #14 Fri May 22, 2009 at 06:46:21 PM EST
i used to be a casing soaker at a sausage factory. I'd unpack and soak barrels of them...there really is a trick to soaking and getting all the knots out...
---------
Bloody hell by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #16 Sat May 23, 2009 at 06:14:22 AM EST
How on earth did you stand the smell?  My hat is off to you though - I can think of a hundred easier ways of earning a living.

actually by LilFlightTest (4.00 / 1) #17 Sat May 23, 2009 at 03:12:14 PM EST
it's not that bad. we'd get 'em in barrels packed in salt, and take them from there into a pre-rinse of baking soda (to help soften them). the only time you really actually smelled them was when you were bent over into the barrel to get the last of them out.

since i had that experience, i did the casing washing when we made them at home. I noticed that the ones at home smelled a LOT worse because they weren't quite so salt-packed.
---------

I could still smell by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #18 Mon May 25, 2009 at 09:23:56 AM EST
The casings on my hands after washing them 3 times.  Had to bleach my hands to get the smell off!

I can only imagine what the barrel must've smelled like when emptied and left out in the sun.

Still, it has been very interesting hearing from your experience - thanks!

Any tips for a novice sausage maker?

believe it or not by LilFlightTest (4.00 / 1) #19 Mon May 25, 2009 at 10:37:21 AM EST
once washed out, the barrel mostly smelled like plastic. and my hands didn't really smell. water, baking soda, and citric acid...my hands were mostly waterlogged. i did end up needing to use a lot of hand lotion when i got home, though. that takes a lot out of your skin.

the biggest tip for the casings, i think, is the baking soda. really softens them up (and removes some of the smell). i'm not sure how the ones you get are packaged, but there are tricks to untangling them that i'd either need to demonstrate, or you'll just have to figure out on your own. maybe we can make sausage at HogStock, and we can have casing races. =)
---------

That could indeed by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #20 Tue May 26, 2009 at 09:49:37 AM EST
Be the winner.  My casings come with the ends tagged so it's pretty easy to slide them out from the bundle.

And no, I'm not going head to head with you on sausage casings - be a bit like trying to outbox Tyson I think!

Some MLP, photo of the day | 20 comments (20 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback