Print Story CRUNCH
Working life
By codemonkey uk (Fri May 15, 2009 at 04:55:02 AM EST) (all tags)
45h 30m in 4 days, and 'free' Pizza every night.  That's the games industry for you.

This milestone I have delivered 2 major gameplay feature, and 3 minor features, submitted 38 change lists, and fixed countless bugs.

It has been a whirlwind of activity on two separate code and data branches, ensuring that by today we have (a) a top quality demo for the E3 show floor, and (b) a rock sold end of production milestone delivery.

Not much more to say right now.

Update [2009-5-15 12:36:49 by codemonkey uk]: 39 change-lists. Rumble source now has a 'heartbeat' rhythm, and is modulated by the direction of the threat as well as it's distance.

< Well, this couldn't possibly end poorly. | You want the good life >
CRUNCH | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
yuk by Merekat (4.00 / 1) #1 Fri May 15, 2009 at 04:58:35 AM EST
Do any of you still actually like pizza?

to be fair by codemonkey uk (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri May 15, 2009 at 05:16:56 AM EST
There is usually a choice every night of 2 different restaurants out of a pool of I think 5 or 6.  We have Pizza Express, Zizzi, Nandos, Subway, Generic Chinese Take Out, and Generic Indian Take Out (you get free beer from this one).

So Monday was Zizzi or Nandos, I had Pizza from Zizzi (FIORENTINA).  Tuesday was Indian or Nandos, I ordered Nandos, but they fucked up the order, so I went home and cooked resoto.  Wednesday was Pizza Express, Subway, or Chinese, and I had Pizza Express pizza (mushroom).  Yesterday was Zizzi or Chinese, and I had Pizza from Zizzi's (FIORENTINA again!).

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.

I was thinking something similar by dark nowhere (2.00 / 0) #10 Fri May 15, 2009 at 04:08:00 PM EST
Pizza every night? Are they trying to kill off their staff?

Chill out, snowflake.

I would buy by Herring (4.00 / 1) #2 Fri May 15, 2009 at 05:11:17 AM EST
Sprinkled dill, scattered anchovies

Onion, capers, mushrooms. Thin crust.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky

no anchovies by codemonkey uk (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri May 15, 2009 at 05:19:08 AM EST
Since I don't like fish (and by don't like, I mean, the smell alone is enough to make me sick, I'd rather sit in a room with a bowl of fresh vomit than eat at a fish restaurant).

But I could go with those topping without the filthy fish.

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.

Well by Herring (4.00 / 1) #6 Fri May 15, 2009 at 05:26:44 AM EST
I love anchovies but am not supposed to eat them for medical reasons. But nothing else fitted.

I remember, when I was young and had the job title "Technical Director" working many >100 hour weeks. It's not healthy and it's very easy to make mistakes when the adrenaline wears off.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky

Now I'm hungry by Merekat (4.00 / 1) #7 Fri May 15, 2009 at 05:29:04 AM EST
But lose the onion.

Your bed by Breaker (4.00 / 2) #4 Fri May 15, 2009 at 05:18:49 AM EST
Misses you.

Well done, sir. by yicky yacky (4.00 / 1) #8 Fri May 15, 2009 at 06:48:32 AM EST

/pint

----
Vacuity abhors a vacuum.
I keep reading milestone as millstone. by wiredog (4.00 / 2) #9 Fri May 15, 2009 at 07:03:01 AM EST
Need beach weekend.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

The heartbeat thing sounds novel. by dark nowhere (4.00 / 1) #11 Fri May 15, 2009 at 04:11:51 PM EST
CG on keeping your shit tight. I'm getting the impression that the end result will not disappoint.

Chill out, snowflake.

Egg by duxup (4.00 / 1) #12 Fri May 15, 2009 at 06:33:40 PM EST
Don't forget the Easter egg where the zombies collectively break into Mc Hammer dancing.

____
Yeah, and? by iGrrrl (4.00 / 1) #13 Sat May 16, 2009 at 12:13:58 AM EST
45h 30m in 4 days

This is the fourth day in a row I clocked out at midnight, entered a new day, and clocked back in. Is it Saturday yet? Would it matter if it was?

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

The gaming industry needs to mature. by Tonatiuh (4.00 / 1) #14 Mon May 18, 2009 at 02:20:40 PM EST
In any other industry, where far more money is at stake, such whirlwind of activity would not be allowed.

It is perfectly understood that productivity goes down the drain and mistakes go up way above what would be normally expected, why is that gaming producers haven't got that?

CRUNCH | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback