Print Story We rob banks.
Love
By gzt (Fri May 15, 2009 at 01:12:55 PM EST) gzt, a friggin' poll, we rob banks, stuff, things (all tags)
I ain't good. I'm the best. And modest.

Inside: I might as well have a friggin' poll.

Interesting: as of right now, 1/3 of the people married indicated they did it in less than 1.5 years.

That's how I'm going to do introductions. No matter who I'm with. It'll end with, "We rob banks." But especially with R.

Test yesterday was decent. There was a little that didn't quite fit, but I definitely believe I got an A. Which means an A in the course. Which means I get my giant sack of cash back. Well, I get my giant sack of cash for lesser grades, too.

I'm going to some theatre thing tonight. It'll be grand. Dinner party tomorrow instead of Sunday, oops, which means no R.

I finally got those free 5.11 pants and socks. Still waiting on that free belt they owe me.

Y'know, I always forget whether my mother's birthday is the 14th or the 15th. I was busy until, like, 9 yesterday with exams and transit, which is a bit late to be calling, so I will call today.

Man, that medicine ball always kills me. It's only 15 pounds, but throwing it around makes my entire body more sore than terribly heavy squats. Sigh. I just looked on craigslist on a lark for bumper plates or an olympic weight bar. As in, like, you know, real olympic bars. And you get things like "olympic weight bench" - probably with a "preacher attachment", whatever those are - and "olympic curl bar" and other nonsense which only indicates that the people advertising are simply clueless. Or maybe that's a "standard" name for this crap and it just means the last days are near. I don't know why I'm looking at this. I don't have a place for this stuff. If I really want an oly bar, I'll buy new from Pendlay.

I am so very glad classes are over. I now have TIME to do STUFF and THINGS. Like pick up heavy things and put them down. And read. And [redacted].

Okay, now I'm just sitting here and thinking happy thoughts. That's not very productive. I'll end this diary, go to lunch, and get back to working. No more of this blasted "happiness" for me! I've got crap to do.

I spend a lot of idle time thinking about the clean and jerk. Dip, drive, push.

< California Special Election Endorsements | I made a music video... >
We rob banks. | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Sicne it's a new diary by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri May 15, 2009 at 01:35:43 PM EST
we were content living in sin, with vague plans of getting married and having kids.

Then, I got a good job with benefits, which started the marriage and kids bandwagaon.

living in sin by garlic (2.00 / 0) #7 Sat May 16, 2009 at 09:10:04 AM EST
with no plans for kids or marriage is my plan. I don't really want the baggage of all that pre-written contract law.

Long term by Dr H0ffm4n (2.00 / 0) #12 Mon May 18, 2009 at 11:33:34 AM EST
It's worth getting something in writing. Not marriage per-se, just something should your partner go and die on you. Otherwise (in UKia) you have didly rights.

rethink the kids by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #13 Mon May 18, 2009 at 11:39:26 AM EST
eventually you get more inhouse gaming partners.

Olympic.. by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri May 15, 2009 at 01:51:52 PM EST
I thought referred to the diameter of the posts where you attach the weights..

And by bumper plates, do you mean the all rubber ones (the size of a 45 lb plate, but typically weigh 10 lbs - depending on color) or standard 45 lb iron plates with a ring of rubber around them ?

You're likely right. by gzt (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri May 15, 2009 at 02:14:50 PM EST
In my mind, and the places I would usually look, it refers to whether it's designed for olympic lifting or power lifting. But, yeah, I suppose that's right. What makes no sense, though, is people mentioning an Olympic bench.

I mean the ones that you can drop after a snatch onto the floor. Often all rubber and still heavy, not 10#. Like: http://www.pendlaybarbell.com/plates.html

i party like a fireman by LilFlightTest (4.00 / 2) #4 Fri May 15, 2009 at 04:16:59 PM EST
where my hose at?
---------
No comment nt by gzt (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri May 15, 2009 at 04:17:41 PM EST
NO COMME*NT*.

Another drink for the lady, barkeep. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri May 15, 2009 at 11:57:59 PM EST
keep 'em coming

Your statistic hurts my senses by ReallyEvilCanine (2.00 / 0) #8 Sun May 17, 2009 at 12:10:55 PM EST
1/3 of the people married indicated they did it in less than 1.5 years.
So to make up for me and RIG there's a fucking couple out there who needed five years or so to figure out that they wanted to get hitched? Or four couples who needed at least twoyears? Because if you need more than a full year to decide, the decision's already been made and you're just too chickenshit to accept it.

the internet: amplifier of stupidity -- discordia

I think you're rushing into it by Herring (2.00 / 0) #9 Sun May 17, 2009 at 01:15:26 PM EST
Me and Mrs. H. didn't get married until SB was 4.5. Admittedly, when we first got together she was technically married to someone else ....

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
Not that I dispute your point, by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #10 Mon May 18, 2009 at 09:25:54 AM EST
but he was measuring the median time, not the mean.

See ambrosen by gzt (2.00 / 0) #11 Mon May 18, 2009 at 09:32:24 AM EST
This just means that 2 people took over 1.5 years for every person that took less than 1.5 years.

Now, you know, a lot of people spend several years de facto married without being de jure married, only getting de jure married when there is some specific benefit to be obtained. I only asked about de jure marriage. I suppose I could run another poll about how long it was before... well, it would be hard to word it properly. It would probably agree more with your timeline.

Marrage is a formality by codemonkey uk (4.00 / 1) #14 Mon May 18, 2009 at 12:07:31 PM EST
I'm not a very formal kind of guy, so it took a while.  Does that mean I love my wife any less?  No.  It does not.

--- Thad ---