Print Story I Keep Reading "Milestone" As "Millstone"
Working life
By wiredog (Fri May 15, 2009 at 08:55:48 AM EST) (all tags)
So, yeah, here at work we've got lots of millstones.

Thank the FSM that Beach Season is here.

Weather looks to be low to mid 70s, partly cloudy, afternoon and evening thunderstorms. Tolerable. Decent, even. Surf is not looking that great. But knee to waist is surfable. Hope they didn't pump the sandbar up on the beach this year. Otherwise it's off to Assateague.
Chinese food for lunch today. Provided by $Employer.

Here at $work they are limiting us to a strict 40 hours/week. Since I have at least 2 meetings/week that require me to work more than 9 hours on those 2 days, I will have to leave early on Fridays.

I am such a victim.

< You want the good life | Why America is fat >
I Keep Reading "Milestone" As "Millstone" | 13 comments (13 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Can't you bring some code home to work on by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri May 15, 2009 at 09:01:22 AM EST
maybe put it on a USB drive and stick it in your sock? What could possibly go wrong?

Why would I do that? by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri May 15, 2009 at 09:17:29 AM EST

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

To get to a 50 hour work week by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri May 15, 2009 at 09:18:44 AM EST

No thanks by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri May 15, 2009 at 09:19:49 AM EST
I like a 409 hour work week. Co-workers who were depending on 10 hours/week of overtime are unhappy, however.

Me, I'd rather have the time.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Then add the commute time. [nt] by Phage (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri May 15, 2009 at 09:20:07 AM EST

5 minute commute by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri May 15, 2009 at 09:22:04 AM EST
I live a mile from the office.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Hulk SMASH ! [nt] by Phage (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri May 15, 2009 at 09:57:15 AM EST

If I didn't have to cross 8 lanes of traffic, by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #10 Fri May 15, 2009 at 11:58:13 AM EST
going at 50MPH, I'd walk to work.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Chinese Lunch? On a Friday? Everyone knows? by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri May 15, 2009 at 09:41:46 AM EST
Friday is for Fishies!

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
I dunno about the by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri May 15, 2009 at 11:56:38 AM EST
seafood option.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Enforced 40 hour work weeks are scary. by dark nowhere (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri May 15, 2009 at 05:14:56 PM EST
Scarier than being switched to/from salary without warning or option.

Chill out, snowflake.

Bizarre. by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #12 Mon May 18, 2009 at 01:56:51 PM EST
I don't think I've been hourly in 15 years - bosses like it so much better when they can pretend you're management and make you work extra for free.

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
We're about half contractors here. by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #13 Tue May 19, 2009 at 06:46:55 AM EST
"Temp to Perm" is the new mantra. But the company that actually signs all my paychecks provides medial and dental benefits, so it's all good.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)