Print Story My presentation went okay. I'm leaving on a jet plane.
Travel
By gzt (Fri May 01, 2009 at 12:21:47 PM EST) gzt, flight, presentation, coyote brown (all tags)
It was kind of lame, but some of the other people presenting were atrocious. I was on the ball and able to field the questions pretty well. I went over the time limit a little, but it was hard to tell, really, because the prof interrupted at points to give his own thoughts - in a good way, not a bad way, like in some other presentations.

Time to travel. In an aeroplane over the sea. After work. Late-ish arrival. Should be grand. I'm wearing my coyote brown 5.11 Tactical Taclite Pro Pants and a black polo shirt in anticipation of warm weather during the weekend. I'll pack a couple pairs of shorts and a couple shirts and call it good. One carry-on. Drat, I'll need a jacket or long-sleeve shirt of some sort because it will be chilly to get to the airport and chilly to come home if I return in something other than a body bag. I hear the flu acts fast, but bullets act faster. Y'know. Because I might get shot.

Okay, so I was jokingly saying that I wouldn't have free time to take my car in to the shop anytime before May 8th. I don't have free time on May 8th to do that anymore. Not that I mind. Not having free time also means I'm not planning on doing anything requiring my car. Seriously, though, that next Saturday, I'm totally taking my car in to the shop. It needs it. But I don't need it, really, most of the time. To go to the airport, I get on a bus a half-block from my house and I'm there in forty-five minutes. Not great, but not bad. I think that's better (and certainly cheaper) than the hassle of driving.

I started back up on Till We Have Faces on the train since I now have some free time. Maia found Psyche. I finished the chapter. I feel so happy.

Words to begin removing from speech unless justified:
*Just
*I'm sure I'll come up with more later.

I'm leaving on a jet plane.

< If you can find a better Disney movie about a rooster mascot | first entry >
My presentation went okay. I'm leaving on a jet plane. | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Today's million dollar idea by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri May 01, 2009 at 12:26:15 PM EST
auto repair shops colocated at the airport.

I hope you don't get swine flu, or Texas secedes, or anything.

There was a service by barooo (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri May 01, 2009 at 02:18:34 PM EST
At $runfast that did oil changes and stuff in the company parking garage.  Or maybe they moved your car then put it back, not sure.  Anyway...  Actually, I think there was also a place that took your car and ferried you to / from the airport, but I can't recall the details.  Or maybe I'm hallucinating all of this.

man, i need a beefy taco now.
-gzt
Best idea I've seen in a long time by lm (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri May 01, 2009 at 04:15:16 PM EST
Quaker Steak

They do an oil change while you eat steak.

Cicero, The Republic
I wanted to try them on one of my Cleveburgh by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri May 01, 2009 at 04:25:55 PM EST
trips, but it was a rental, so it didn't need oil.

Capital! by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri May 01, 2009 at 05:21:03 PM EST
That's right up there with "Suds'n'Buds". Beer while laundering.
Cincy had a great bar like that by lm (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri May 01, 2009 at 09:25:38 PM EST
Sudsy Malone's. They use to bring indy bands from all over. No cover if you were doing your wash.

Cicero, The Republic
My words by debacle (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon May 04, 2009 at 08:07:29 PM EST
Obviously
Actually
Really
Well (as in "Well, fuck!")