Print Story Remind me how to care again?
By nightflameblue (Tue Apr 07, 2009 at 10:30:09 AM EST) (all tags)
I know I left those instructions around here somewhere.

My blah knows no bounds this week. And it seems to be infecting my personal projects as well. Just, BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. Only less excited than that. More like blah, but sustained.

Fucking weather patterns bullshit heat cold heat cold bullshit BULLSHIT. Warm up or stay cold. No more of this "hey, look what you can't have, bitch" seventy degrees one day and twenty the next crap.

Work with the pussy version of review FOR THE LOSS. Dear asshole, YOU ARE THE BOSS. IF YOU ARE TOO MUCH OF A FUCKING WIMP TO TELL ME WHETHER OR NOT I'M DOING MY JOB CORRECTLY, WHY THE FUCK DO YOU THINK I'M GONNA SAY ANYTHING OTHER THAN I'M AWESOME?

This is HR inspired insipid modern day pampering bullshit designed so no one has to be confrontational. It's all crap.

So, I spend three pages blowing myself up and talking about how utterly stellar I am and the boss essentially reads it, stamps it, says, "yep" and sends it on. BULLSHIT.

Sadly, Zippy's review will be much the same.

Mrs. NFB had such a bad case of the blahs this morning she just called in sick. Not because she's actually sick, but because, "pup2 told me to stay home with her." Right.

Someone is clipping their nails in the cube farm. WTF? Does no one do body maintenance at home anymore?

Beginning to think I should have played hooky today too. I don't really need to be here. BB's out training though, and Zippy left alone is a disaster waiting to happen. Blah.

So, who's up for a story about penis and vagina?

Yeah, me either. That would indicate something other than blah.

Anybody familiar with the Trivium interpretation video that goes, "BOAT! RUDDER! STRANGE! MOUNTAIN!" BB and I have been laughing over that one for months. We'll see each other and one of us will say, "BOAT!" and the other one just automatically responds, "RUDDER!" Can't be helped. It's infectious. Even though we kinda like Trivium. Then I came across this picture on Friday and pretty much came unglued. It doesn't even look like it was photoshopped.

That's been the high point of the last couple weeks for me. Hell, maybe months. I actually laughed so hard I cried.

Which tells you just how much I need a laugh.

And I JUST NOW find out that the Dr. Horrible DVD came out already. Why does no one tell me these things? THIS IS FUCKING IMPORTANT DAMN IT!

I'm gonna go spend some time sulking before I do my self-review bullshit. Later.

< I had not known that Marx believed in free markets and Adam Smith's invisible hand | Bluetooth headsets and Vista >
Remind me how to care again? | 20 comments (20 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Have you tried listening to Faith No More? by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #1 Tue Apr 07, 2009 at 11:26:56 AM EST

Classical Reference! by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #2 Tue Apr 07, 2009 at 11:45:11 AM EST
While I know you're referring to "We Care a Lot," I'm now stuck with the following railing through my head. . .
You want it all but you cant have it
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Its in your face but you cant grab it
Yeah, yeah, yeah

Oh well, there are worse things to have stuck in the brain.

yes yes yes yes....yes by vorheesleatherface (2.00 / 0) #15 Wed Apr 08, 2009 at 11:50:39 PM EST
go check the FTM web site. They're touring. Not with the original guitarist, but touring none the less.

No Cap'n Crunch by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #16 Thu Apr 09, 2009 at 09:01:59 AM EST
No Faith No More.

And isn't it just Europe right now?

I think so. by vorheesleatherface (2.00 / 0) #19 Thu Apr 09, 2009 at 03:21:42 PM EST
Just some festivals right now. And I feel the same way. That particular guitar sound was part of the overall FTM sound. Still cool though. If they made another album I'd be curious enough to buy it.

Me too, probably. by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #20 Thu Apr 09, 2009 at 03:27:33 PM EST
I did like them pretty good back in the day. My mom still remembers them as "that band that kills fish!" So that's pretty cool too.

I wrote an honest self-review once by lm (4.00 / 1) #3 Tue Apr 07, 2009 at 12:35:06 PM EST
My boss spent quite a bit of time rebutting my points about how I had essentially done nothing, missed major deadlines and contributed to the failure of several projects.

And just to prove his view was correct, he then gave me a promotion.

Cicero, The Republic
That's what I should have done this year by gzt (4.00 / 1) #7 Tue Apr 07, 2009 at 05:43:02 PM EST
Instead of just letting the boss write my review which didn't have much bearing on reality or demonstrate much understanding of what, exactly, it is I did all year. One thing that really chafed me was how, as a plus to make up for mediocrity elsewhere, it was noted that in the 4th quarter I had taken responsibility for a certain batch of reporting. But I had actually done so in May. And it wasn't a big deal. It's like, "...".

Interpretation video by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Apr 07, 2009 at 01:18:41 PM EST
Cracks me up as well.

There are some real classics out there. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Apr 07, 2009 at 01:38:07 PM EST
This one had me dying last night.

"Swallow every last bunny!"

That one by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Apr 08, 2009 at 08:24:27 AM EST
Had me crying with laughter at my desk.

Reading through some of the comments. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Apr 08, 2009 at 09:08:03 AM EST
Some members of Trivium actually responded to that one to say that "'Blow the lord' was a little out of line, but the rest of it's pretty funny."

The fact they pointed it out made me laugh even more.

They went up in my estimation then by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #11 Wed Apr 08, 2009 at 10:20:01 AM EST
Many musicians lose the ability to laugh at themselves once they start earning decent money.

They seem like a decent group. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #12 Wed Apr 08, 2009 at 11:09:16 AM EST

They got a little big-headed early on because James Hetfield kept saying he wished he had as much talent as their singer/guitarist and things like that, but they quickly got over it. Anybody that's ever met them says they seem really down to earth.

Frankly, even today's James saying something like that about a guy would push him a little up into the egosphere. Can't blame them much for that.

Now they've ditched the screamo by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #13 Wed Apr 08, 2009 at 04:09:45 PM EST
I quite like their sound.  Sort of post-thrash, I suppose.

My take on them. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #14 Wed Apr 08, 2009 at 05:01:22 PM EST
Early Trivium = 80s Metallica with "modern" metal vocals.

Late Trivium = Savatage.

Neither is a bad thing. Though the screamy shit can get old after a while.

Nothing in there by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #17 Thu Apr 09, 2009 at 02:04:49 PM EST
I can disagree with.

Tangential post. . . by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #18 Thu Apr 09, 2009 at 03:02:38 PM EST
I just nabbed another guitar. Story in the cellar. I'm in a mild state of shock.

View all 15,794 comments? by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue Apr 07, 2009 at 03:30:10 PM EST

I'll get right on that by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Apr 08, 2009 at 08:20:43 AM EST
Right now!