Print Story A little freaked
Zombies
By riceowlguy (Sun Apr 26, 2009 at 06:14:42 AM EST) (all tags)
what was that?

So I was lying in bed, just about to fall asleep for the second time tonight (passed out around 9pm, woke up at 1am, realized that I needed to clean up somewhat before leaving for singing gig number one tomorrow, since Dan is coming by to pick up his rats in between singing gigs one and two), trying to figure out the name of those Wassily Kandinsky paintings I'd seen at MFAH during the traveling MOMA exhibit ("Panels" is what I was looking for), and then I hear two pistol shots go off in rapid succession, pop pop, clear as day.  So I get up and look around outside, front and back, but don't see anything going on.  I don't hear anyone else getting up.

Did I just imagine this?

If I'm going to be creeped out, I might as well just watch this: http://www.bitkraft.com/

Update [2009-4-26 19:55:56 by riceowlguy]:I didn't imagine it. Went down to my car this morning and there was a nice bullet hole in the driver's side door. No functional damage, but it looks like I'll be dropping some cash to get the panel replaced. I'm kind of curious as to what exactly happened. If the guy was just shooting at my car he's a lousy shot to have fired twice and only hit my car once.

< The end is nigh! Of my stay in Mexico that is. | The fun we had! >
A little freaked | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
That was me. by chuckles (4.00 / 1) #1 Sun Apr 26, 2009 at 03:00:30 PM EST
I got a little wasted last night. Sorry.

Give up guns, or drugs by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #2 Sun Apr 26, 2009 at 04:49:30 PM EST
if you can't shoot straight wasted.

I'm an excellent shot when I'm wasted. by chuckles (2.00 / 0) #4 Sun Apr 26, 2009 at 04:57:06 PM EST
I put both rounds through the same hole!

Rapid succession... by dark nowhere (2.00 / 0) #3 Sun Apr 26, 2009 at 04:54:52 PM EST
and only one hole in the car door?

The two must have had a similar trajectory, so you should probably find something damaged, or evidence of such, nearby.

Chill out, snowflake.

Hmmm by Gedvondur (2.00 / 0) #5 Sun Apr 26, 2009 at 05:50:31 PM EST
Unless you have a plastic door panels, I don't see any reason why you would have to replace the entire door panel.  Shop should be able to weld it shut and smooth it out so you'd never notice.

Gedvondur

"...I almost puked like a pregnant StackyMcRacky." --MillMan
Also by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 1) #6 Sun Apr 26, 2009 at 07:42:11 PM EST
shouldn't insurance cover bullet holes?

Sure by riceowlguy (2.00 / 0) #10 Mon Apr 27, 2009 at 07:56:03 AM EST
but there is the deductible to consider.  I'll be calling them today, I was too busy with Bach Choir yesterday to deal with it.

oh yeah by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #11 Mon Apr 27, 2009 at 08:51:28 AM EST
deductible.  i forget, that's where they get ya!

It didn't make it all the way through the door? by debacle (2.00 / 0) #7 Sun Apr 26, 2009 at 10:33:58 PM EST
Whut?

I was using Glaser safety slugs. -nt by chuckles (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Apr 27, 2009 at 03:47:34 AM EST

No by riceowlguy (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon Apr 27, 2009 at 07:55:13 AM EST
It went through the door panel and into the console up by the steering column, but didn't penetrate the metal inside the console.

A little freaked | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback