Print Story 2009-04-19
By dev trash (Sun Apr 19, 2009 at 09:34:22 PM EST) (all tags)
Meh

$local_gal.  We IMed and she gave me her number.  So I called her on Thursday and we chatted for close to two hours.  Near the end of that two hours she had to go because he daughter was texting her.  She said she'd call back.  So I waited for an hour, and then went to bed.

Logged on to the Im Friday.  There was a message from $local_gal apoligizing for not calling back.  A few minutes later she logged onto IM and I asked if she was free.  She was, so I called her.  We talked for about 45 minutes or so.  I wanted to at some point ask her out this weekend, most likely being Sunday as she had to work Saturday.  The path of the conversation though just flowed and I wasn;t able to work in a 'hey wanna go to the winery on Sunday'  It wasn't that I was nervous about asking her, we were just talking.  She was a little bit distracted at times, but I was also a bit tipsy, so I dunno. This time her mother called her ( from what I gathered  $local_gal lives on the second floor, while her mother lives on the first ) and she had to go.  And that was that for Friday.

Saturday I was busy with stuff around the apartment and then I went for the first bike ride of the year.  So I wasn't like waiting around for her to IM  or call me back.  Early Saturday evening I call her.  I wasn't looking for us to go out Saturday at all, I mean I'm not that thick.  I got her voice mail.  As you can guess, no call back Saturday ( asn't really expecting one) and then no call or IM today at all.

And then just as I started the Saturday paragraph, she IMs me.  And we chat for a few minutes and then she goes idle and then well she goes off line.   Meh I don't know.  Is she interested as she seemed at first, or is hse just really busy/distracted?  I dunno.   I'm tired from biking today.

< Not new here, | Sustainable Energy >
2009-04-19 | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Maybe by Phil the Canuck (4.00 / 1) #1 Mon Apr 20, 2009 at 07:10:48 AM EST
She's wondering why you haven't asked her out yet.

could be. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Apr 20, 2009 at 05:51:59 PM EST
But that first night we talked and talked and then suddenly she had to go.
The next phone call, lots of talk and then suddenly she had to go.

Click
Hmm.... by littlestar (4.00 / 1) #2 Mon Apr 20, 2009 at 09:33:08 AM EST
It sounds like she's just busy. I mean, she's still contacting you and such. There may be something to Phil's comment too. But, mostly I would suggest she's got life going on. Asking her out would answer you question quickly anyway, try that! If yes then great, if no, then you need not waste more time. Good luck!

*twinkle*twinkle*

agreed by gzt (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Apr 20, 2009 at 01:41:40 PM EST
I mean, seriously, just ask her. If you're on the phone for two hours, she's probably, you know, pretty interested. I mean, really. I would not be on the phone with somebody for two hours unless I were interested in seeing them. In fact, I couldn't comprehend talking that long with a woman on the phone if I weren't, like, already dating her and I don't see why a woman would feel different.

it's kinda hard to explain. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Apr 20, 2009 at 05:54:47 PM EST
That first call the conversation just flowed.  I could ask her out via IM, but meh.

Click
The conversation just flowed. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon Apr 20, 2009 at 06:08:22 PM EST
Which means it would on a date, too.

Go for it, dude. Bon courage, as the French say.

2009-04-19 | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback