Print Story With my freeze ray I will stop the world
Linux
By gzt (Thu Apr 02, 2009 at 12:18:26 PM EST) gzt, productive, visualization of hierarchical data (all tags)
People are actually interested in the stuff we are doing at work and requesting valuable information. That makes me feel a bit better about stuff and things, though I would feel even better if I got a larger portion of the work.

I've been holding back on lifting too heavy because it is Lent and I'm not eating much, which makes me weak, which I don't want to discover by being crushed and since I would feel generally crappy. But I was going to go yesterday and lift light when my roommate floated the idea of $MIDDLE_EASTERN_RESTAURANT before having a buddy of his come over to see Tropic Thunder. I was down for it, so I stayed home, played with my medicine ball, took a shower, and then went to dinner. Anyway, I'm coping with the gastric consequences of my bean-heavy dinner today.

Tropic Thunder was fairly amusing. Not the greatest film ever, but Tom Cruise was especially delightful. I like it when people break out into dance numbers.

I just bought a portable pullup bar for the following reasons:

1. When I do pullups at home, it's generally off the deck, which is terribly hard on the hands.
  2. I'm doing pullups at home more often these days.
  3. I think I should do pullups even more than I already am.
  4. There's this program at work which I can use to reimburse me for this one expense.
The last is the one which makes it feasible. There are pipes in the basement storage, but they are either too wide, too hot, or too flimsy to use directly. Some are sturdy enough for the pullup bar and so is the deck.

Ugh. Class today will be dreadful. I also neglected to make plans for the weekend because the mid-week was so busy.

I think I should eat more fat and that it should be a larger part of my diet. I believe the government recommendations about pretty much everything are "educated stupid", to quote Time Cube.

Skim milk is undoubtedly from Satan, the deceiver.

Job application: not selected for the one that's out of my league. Still listed as "considering" for the other. So, I suppose that is a good sign, a development, a whatever. It shows what a negative result looks like and that I have not yet had a negative result in Texas.

I hope it all works out, for certain meanings of "it" and "all". I also hope I can give a damn today. I also wonder if there are good tools around for visualizing the sort of data I want to visualize - it basically involves color-coding nodes on a tree. That would make me look very hip and also help me sort through some hierarchical data efficiently.

< Breaking down. | Ho hum >
With my freeze ray I will stop the world | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
lent is my weight loss program. by garlic (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Apr 02, 2009 at 12:41:36 PM EST

Depression, baby: by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #2 Thu Apr 02, 2009 at 12:59:00 PM EST

It's Lent, all year long.

don't they have drugs for that ? by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Apr 02, 2009 at 01:54:18 PM EST
the lent, I mean.

There is no Lent without Easter by lm (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Apr 03, 2009 at 07:29:55 AM EST
Lent all year long is self-contradictory.

Cicero, The Republic
Welcome to depression by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Apr 03, 2009 at 09:57:36 AM EST

It doesn't make any sense at all.

perhaps fudge is called for by lm (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Apr 03, 2009 at 10:05:35 AM EST
I'm thinking of making some marshmallow/chocolate fudge this weekend. If I do, would you like some?

Cicero, The Republic
Though I am a fan of your fudge, by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri Apr 03, 2009 at 04:09:35 PM EST

and it is important to note that I mean that literally, not as some sort of multiple-entendre, it is kind of you to offer, but I'm good. More for you and yours!

That's okay by lm (2.00 / 0) #10 Fri Apr 03, 2009 at 06:37:34 PM EST
My daughters voted for chocolate chip cookies instead. Although, if you'd like some, they are just as easy to mail.

Cicero, The Republic
MNS changed his mailing address by garlic (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri Apr 03, 2009 at 11:58:35 PM EST
and the new one hasn't propagated on the interwebs similarly. Just as a forwarning prior to sending delicous cookies.

Can you share your marshmellow fudge recipe? I must be hungry...

Peeps! by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Apr 03, 2009 at 12:48:40 PM EST
Peeps!
That article is full of lies by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri Apr 03, 2009 at 04:10:34 PM EST

I know damn well that Peeps are made of sugar and love, and are hand-sculpted by Chinese rabbit toddlers in a factory near Nepal. I will not fall for this disinformation!

ghetto 7 by garlic (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Apr 03, 2009 at 11:57:09 PM EST