Print Story Dozy cow
Cars
By jump the ladder (Fri Apr 17, 2009 at 12:23:24 PM EST) (all tags)
A woman in an old Golf crashed into the side of my Alfa as I was going around a roundabout in the outer lane this afternoon.

Poll: am I fucked as she has a witness?

She was behind me  and the accident damage and photos prove the point so I think legally she was in the wrong. She disputes this and says I pulled out on her (I was in the outer lane going around the roundabout and didn't suddenly change direction) and didn't indicate (I didn't need to as I wasn't exiting the roundabout) and whilst she stopped another car crashed into the back of her and the woman driving is taking her side despite not actually seeing what actually happenned as it was impossible to see from her position.

I feel perhaps the fairer sex might be ganging up on me in this incident. Minor body work damage on all sides and no one was hurt but I don't want to lose my No Claims Bonus.

< More "Silent Hill: Shattered Memories" stuff... | Sums of squares >
Dozy cow | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
as hulver taught us by garlic (4.00 / 4) #1 Fri Apr 17, 2009 at 12:29:20 PM EST
the impetus for proof is on the hitter, not the hittee.

YMMV (so to speak) by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #2 Fri Apr 17, 2009 at 12:57:10 PM EST
but here, the one in the rotary always has the right-of-way, and the one behind is assumed to be at fault (assured clear distance, &c).
More importantly by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #3 Fri Apr 17, 2009 at 01:05:25 PM EST
is she fit?

No by jump the ladder (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Apr 17, 2009 at 01:10:31 PM EST
In her fifties. Not ugly but not fanciable either.

Can she sing? by ad hoc (4.00 / 6) #5 Fri Apr 17, 2009 at 01:11:04 PM EST

Did you get her number? by georgeha (4.00 / 4) #6 Fri Apr 17, 2009 at 01:12:50 PM EST
for that tom fellow.

Strange by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Apr 17, 2009 at 01:18:23 PM EST
The question is where is the damage exactly? If she was behind you, why is the damage to the side? If for example, you changed lanes on a roundabout you may be responsible. What was your path round the roundabout and what was hers.

As hulver would say plspostpixkthx.....

Anyway if you have photos of the incident then no witness statement is going to help the other side tell a different story.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Basically by jump the ladder (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri Apr 17, 2009 at 01:25:28 PM EST
I was in the outer lane following the roundabout around just after a junction, she was coming from the side and behind and scraped my body work along the driver's side. She was trying to get into my lane as she thought I was going to turn off despite me not indicating that intention. She braked and the car following her with the witness went into the back at her. All low speed so none of the cars were seriously damaged.

If I understand by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #10 Fri Apr 17, 2009 at 01:34:22 PM EST
She was in another (inner) lane of the roundabout and tried to change lanes, scraping along the drivers side? The fact she tried to change lanes on a roundabout is wrong in itself as the Highway code tells you not to until your exit, unless the painted road markings  on the roundabout spiral out in some fashion.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
That's it basically by jump the ladder (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri Apr 17, 2009 at 01:54:52 PM EST
The witness in the car behind said I pulled out on her which is bollocks and she wasn't paying that much attention herself if she crashed into the back of the Golf. I'm happy to put my hand up for things that I've fucked up but in no way was I to blame.

I had a similar accident in my MG 10 years ago where a woman suddenly changed lanes on a three lane A road without looking and scraped down the side of MG. She again blamed me and had a go out me for swearing a lot. Then when she thought it through when she got home, she admitted she was at fault and settled up without complaint.

Taking photos by ad hoc (4.00 / 4) #11 Fri Apr 17, 2009 at 01:38:20 PM EST
of transportation is illegal, I thought.
How do you document an accident then? by Tonatiuh (2.00 / 0) #14 Sat Apr 18, 2009 at 09:44:46 AM EST
Or are you jesting and the joke went way above my head?

Jesting about by jump the ladder (4.00 / 1) #15 Sat Apr 18, 2009 at 10:23:23 AM EST
The police paranopia of people taking pictures of bus stations and the like. Of course nothing like the old Soviet Union when they stopped people taking pictures as we have real enemies like terrorists and paedos not imaginary threats like foreign spies and troskyite wreckers.

Why the chief police officers keep reminding their underlings that it is unBritish to do this but somehow they still keep doing it.

Well, what do their opinions matter? by gzt (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri Apr 17, 2009 at 01:33:45 PM EST
Y'know?

It seems sexist by jump the ladder (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Apr 17, 2009 at 03:28:01 PM EST
But you know sometimes the sisterhood does actually exist.

Dozy cow | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback