Print Story One of my cousins is a grandpa.
By nightflameblue (Wed Mar 04, 2009 at 06:31:13 AM EST) (all tags)

He's only a couple years older than me. Granted, he got a head start, and so did his son, by playing fast and loose whenever they could, but still. Grandpa. Wow.

• Grandpa Billy
  • Bringin' da rawk
  • WOT? UR RONG!
  • Confession

Grandpa Billy

Seriously, this one isn't a shocker, yet it's still weird to think someone in my generation in the family is a grandpa.

Granted, if I'd started planting seed at fifteen like him I could be there too.

Whatever.

Bringin' da rawk

I wrote, quite possibly, the most awesome mood-rock type thing I've ever written last night. The guitar riff was pretty cool, a little side-to-side action play intro type thing that smokes yet has this quasi-relaxed feel to it. Then the basic rhythmic throb of the bass under it makes the whole thing feel all "close your eyes and sway back and forth" while still driving the beat forward. Then the simple beat I slapped under it for drumming just reinforces the simplicity of the bass bits while leaving the guitars in open air above.

Now I'm starting to hear other things that could be added in the drum part. The mix will need some rework as the bass sounds completely different than AFKS's bass. More middy, not so muddy, so it needs some tweaking to sound "right." But the rhythm and mood of this piece is just awe inspiring, if I do say so myself.

And you'll have to take my word for it because it's awesome enough I want to hold onto it until it feels more polished. Rawk.

WOT? UR RONG!

Two things on message board conversations grabbed me yesterday. The first? The usual DRAMAH! on a fanboard that escalated to "he was sleeping with the babysitter his wife hired" type levels within a few posts. It was epic.

The second ended on this statement, which I have never met the equal of: "A grudge fuck that doesn't end in a facial or an anal creampie ceases to be a grudge fuck."

There's levels of wrongness there I can't fully comprehend. Yet, at the same time....

Only grudge fuck I remember was pretty lack-luster. I didn't much care for the whole angry-sex thing and never did it again. Maybe if I would have known the above it would have been better? Live and learn.

Confession

I am a man, with a fully functioning penis.

I like to cuddle. Sometimes without sex involved.

Yeah. I said it.

DUN

< Another epic week | more vegetarian chili a la gzt >
One of my cousins is a grandpa. | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Being a grandpa... by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Mar 04, 2009 at 06:42:58 AM EST
A friend who is only a couple years older than me, but still in his 40's, has 2 grandkids.

Given my Sinful Youth, I wouldn't be too surprised if someone in their mid-20s walked up and said "Dad!"

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Let's see. . . by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Mar 04, 2009 at 07:09:43 AM EST
If my calculator is correct, I could only have someone thirteen or fourteen right now be my kid. And that would be a BIG surprise. Only one out there that I haven't spoken to since and she called me up out of the blue about money issues years down the line from our breakup. I know damn good and well she'd have been all over my shit if she'd gotten pregnant.

So I feel pretty safe. One of the few benefits to being Mr. Purity in high school. Not entirely by choice, granted.

Grandma by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Mar 04, 2009 at 06:54:56 AM EST
My Sister-in-law's sister-in-law was a grandmother at 32.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
I like to cuddle... by greyshade (4.00 / 1) #4 Wed Mar 04, 2009 at 07:42:18 AM EST
I think there is something wrong with people who don't like to cuddle.  Apparently I'm in somewhat of the minority of males, because I'm always amazed when some chick is surprised that I just want a cuddle sometimes.

WE'RE THE PROUD MINORITY! by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #5 Wed Mar 04, 2009 at 08:48:43 AM EST
By the reactions I'd get back when I was "dating" material to the cuddling thing, I'm guessing most guys go straight from hug to clothes ripping or at least handsy-handsy. It's too bad, because it makes us all looks like assholes.

Cuddles are awesome.

Hell, our bed at night is like a cuddle-free-for-all. Four cats, two dogs, wifey, and me. Good times.

cuddles are my favorite by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Mar 04, 2009 at 01:59:23 PM EST
i don't think i'd be married to my honey right now if it weren't for the fact that he was extremely cuddly.
---------
I'll be a first-time father in a few months. by BadDoggie (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Mar 04, 2009 at 04:19:51 PM EST
The oldest friend I'm still in touch with has been a grandfather for almost two years now. We've known each other since single-digit ages and we''re only in our early 40s now. His ex- (the grandmother) just popped out another brat 18 months ago courtesy of her latest husband. And because that's not weird enough, she was my girlfriend when my friend knocked her up all those years ago (and my ex- shortly thereafter).

Angry sex can be great. I know RIG likes it but we're getting along too well to actually be angry. But check out my KKG from some months ago. Awsomeness.

woof.

OMG WE'RE FUCKED! -- duxup ?

Angry stress relief sex by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Mar 04, 2009 at 08:06:54 PM EST
Quite different from grudge fuck angry sex. I should point that out. Well, most of the time.

Also, you got yourself a regular ol' Daytime Talk Show thing going on there with that story.

One of my cousins is a grandpa. | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback