Print Story I will have to make it up as I go along.
Internet
By gzt (Sun Mar 29, 2009 at 12:42:18 AM EST) gzt, warts and all, navy blue, drinking (all tags)
This is generally not a problem, but it is when it's really important and you have to get it right.

So we had a meeting today about stuff and such and somebody mentioned, as an aside, this report I had done which is, apparently, particularly awesome, and the guy we were meeting with was doing backflips in excitement about the possible uses of this report I made. I don't think it's particularly spectactular, actually, it's like building with wood blocks in a world of steel, but it's something when nobody was bothering to build anything at all before.

So, whatevs.

I had a marvellous weekend. Hung out with many people. Made plans for Wednesday which were cancelled, but that's no big deal. I can live with that.

Played Mare Nostrum on Saturday. I realized afterwards that I could have won early in the game: at one point I had 11 tax and, being Egypt, could trade one resource for tax, which is enough to buy the Pyramids (the victory condition). I thought this couldn't be right, that I must have miscounted, so I gave one tax back. Doing the math later revealed that, no, I did have the 12. Oh well: live and learn, bitches!

I am so hungry.

I drank twice this weekend, quite a bit yesterday. I haven't been drinking much at all for a while. I think I prefer drinking less to drinking more. However, I tend to consume whatever's in front of me until it's gone: beer, chips, even water. Well, I'm beginning to teach myself self-control in several ways. Is it understandable to others? Anyway: I had a lot to drink about the last two years. I don't anymore. But I can't let that cloud my judgment.

I'm rambling. I'm a space cowboy. I bought some stationery. It has a navy blue border. At least, I think it's navy blue, it kind of looks black, which is not the message I want to send. Well, we'll see, I sent it.

I told somebody about Husi. Specifically, my diaries. I hope it doesn't spoil anything.

< G20 nations as animals | Of all the. . . >
I will have to make it up as I go along. | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Don't worry by TheophileEscargot (2.00 / 0) #1 Sun Mar 29, 2009 at 12:42:23 AM EST
As long as they never find that one with the oven glove, the pole-dancing twins and the bucket of eels, you'll be fine.
there were only 3 eels in the bucket by gzt (4.00 / 1) #2 Sun Mar 29, 2009 at 12:42:27 AM EST
I mean, c'mon, when somebody says "bucket of eels", you think of a writhing mass of at least, like, 6 eels. So call it what it is: 3 eels.

Anyway: ah, Latvia...

Electric ones count as double. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #3 Sun Mar 29, 2009 at 12:45:47 AM EST
Also, eww...

So if a company told you by ni (2.00 / 0) #4 Sun Mar 29, 2009 at 01:12:05 AM EST
when you asked why they were so slow in paying you the substantial amount of money they owed you, that they were "uh, just juggling the payables, basically" -- does that ever mean anything other than "we're broke"?

well, I'm no accountant... by gzt (2.00 / 0) #5 Sun Mar 29, 2009 at 01:12:17 AM EST
...but that sounds like a cash flow problem. They may not be broke, they're just not doing a good job of managing cash flow. Or they could be circling the drain.

Yeah, by ni (2.00 / 0) #6 Sun Mar 29, 2009 at 01:12:30 AM EST
my housemate wisely points out that the timing probably isn't coincidental, and it's likely an end-of-fiscal-year cash flow mismanagement issue. Still moderately terrifying.