Print Story AXA and I are no more
Breakups
By Dr H0ffm4n (Mon Mar 02, 2009 at 02:32:15 AM EST) (all tags)
She's panicked and gone to ground. It was all too complicated and scary for her. She hates people knowing her business and gossiping about her. She's got stuff she needs to deal with, can't handle anxiety well and this was the first time she'd got seriously involved since her nearly-death four (five?) years ago. Yes, it had only been a week, but it's serious enough in her head already to count.

This was my line of thinking in the three minutes on Sunday evening when she sent an OMG!! as she realized that the midgets were able to see some of the texts she'd sent me over the weekend. But she reassured me that "Yes, am v ok :)" and wanted to know if they'd asked who she was.

Seems it'll take more than that to scare AXA off. Thank f**k. last thing I need is a difficult to manage woman. For all her self-professed flakiness, loony tendencies, horrific paranoia for privacy and general timidity nowadays, she doesn't actually seem to act it when it comes down to it.

I told her that I wasn't about to go around gossiping to all and sundry, but neither was I going to go sneaking around, lying and hiding things from the midgets. They're not stupid and would cotton on too quickly and then be upset that I was excluding them or behaving dishonestly. I've not told them yet. It's only been a week and AXA had declared she may well panic and run, so I wasn't counting my chickens. They'd seen that I'd been getting more texts than usual.

We chatted on the phone for a while and lamented that her schedules and mine are so incompatible. She works Saturdays and Sundays in the gallery. Monday/Tuesday is her weekend. Her life is almost as full as mine might appear from my summary diaries. Looks like we might have some sickies in our near future... She's been missing me already. Which really surprised her. She's been on her own for at least four years. I've been to her house twice overnight. And already she misses me being around when she's home. Obviously a total whacko and I should be putting on my running shoes if I had any sense.

Next date: Drinks tonight after she's been to ballet masterclass.

Then Thursday AXA might get to meet BustySec. Except AXA is in some other rehearsal or masterclass so won't get out till gone 9pm. Plenty of time for BustySec, OlderReceptionist and I to gossip and catch up.

Then maybe Sunday evening if the midgets go to their grandfather's with MoM as she had planned. Then?

In other news, MajorMidget chose IT over Drama. DrH slaps forehead. Her choice. She still gets to do drama at her weekend course, but that's all acting and imrov an no theory. And she still has piano lessons too and reads profusely, draws, writes and watches tons of anime. So she has creative and non techie outlets.

< Basses and Pawn Shops | WARNING: DO NOT ATTEMPT AT HOME >
AXA and I are no more | 19 comments (19 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Glad to hear it's going well by kwsNI (4.00 / 1) #1 Mon Mar 02, 2009 at 02:38:25 AM EST
But I had to read the first 4 paragraphs about 5 times to make sense of them.

It's pretty accurate then by Dr H0ffm4n (4.00 / 1) #2 Mon Mar 02, 2009 at 02:43:02 AM EST
It doesn't make too much sense at the moment. We'll see.

I tried by duxup (2.00 / 0) #14 Mon Mar 02, 2009 at 08:19:46 AM EST
I reread it a few times.  I didn't follow, but I'm kinda dumb.

____
synopsis by Dr H0ffm4n (2.00 / 0) #15 Mon Mar 02, 2009 at 10:28:19 AM EST
para 1: I am dumped.
para 2: It's ok, it was just my imagination
para 3: AXA is not as screwed up as she thinks she is.
para 4: Thid kids need to know some time.

etc...

Sounds like it's going well... by Metatone (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Mar 02, 2009 at 02:59:11 AM EST
long may that continue...

I thinks so, but <shrug> by Dr H0ffm4n (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Mar 02, 2009 at 03:43:34 AM EST
Early days and I have no idea how much is real and how much is fantasy. We don't get enough time together for my liking.

Isn't that a Billy Joel song? by lm (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Mar 02, 2009 at 04:05:18 AM EST
While I generally respect his song writing abilities, I really wish I hadn't half way grown up with a sister who played Billy Joel non-stop from dawn to dusk.

Although I guess the Billy Joel song I'm thinking of isn't quite the same disjunction between fantasy and reality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X163bAYcD1M

Cicero, The Republic
More like Queen by gpig (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Mar 02, 2009 at 06:33:47 AM EST
Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
etc.
(,   ,') -- eep
You bring up Billy Joel ? by Dr H0ffm4n (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Mar 02, 2009 at 06:46:45 AM EST
Good move lm. I saw Billy Joel in concert with WPKAW. One of her favourite artists as a teen.

WPKAW made me do things I wouldn't have otherwise done. I had to drop a certain amount of cynicism. She was good for opening my eyes like that.

Sounds normal... by littlestar (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon Mar 02, 2009 at 04:20:08 AM EST
Humans are confusing (particularly women)... so.. it sounds pretty good! You continue to sound like you are handling things in a very mature way... she should be so lucky...

*twinkle*twinkle*

mature actions by Dr H0ffm4n (4.00 / 1) #9 Mon Mar 02, 2009 at 06:47:44 AM EST
Masking the pair of adolescents that we feel inside.

IT over drama? by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #10 Mon Mar 02, 2009 at 06:51:35 AM EST
So, when does she sign up for a Husi account?

maybe she's already here??..? by Dr H0ffm4n (2.00 / 0) #11 Mon Mar 02, 2009 at 06:55:51 AM EST

I'll check the access logs by hulver (2.00 / 0) #12 Mon Mar 02, 2009 at 07:08:16 AM EST
Mmmmmm.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
sleeping in bed with a partner by cam (4.00 / 7) #13 Mon Mar 02, 2009 at 08:02:00 AM EST
is sorely under-rated. I find it one of the most appealing aspects of a relationship. Dozing off while holding hands or pressed against each other is one of life's joys IMO.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic
Damn you! by Dr Thrustgood (2.00 / 0) #16 Mon Mar 02, 2009 at 03:37:18 PM EST
You've just summarised one of my most cherished memories of the long-distance relationship I'm currently involved in - to be documented at a later date. At any rate, you've perfectly described the image in my mind at this very moment.

Damn.

until by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #17 Mon Mar 02, 2009 at 04:33:20 PM EST
Yuo wake up and can not feel your left arm at all.

Click
Or, they fart (because you never would do that)/nt by yankeehack (4.00 / 1) #18 Mon Mar 02, 2009 at 10:24:01 PM EST

I would try not to. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #19 Tue Mar 03, 2009 at 02:33:41 PM EST
But man...yeah.