Print Story WARNING
By nightflameblue (Thu Mar 19, 2009 at 06:43:03 AM EST) (all tags)
The following message may contain information which is offensive to some viewers. If you don't like it, you should probably try the easy listening crap yo momma listens to.

Please have and use the following safety gear:

• Body armor to protect you from TeH ThRoBs.
  • Helmet to protect you when you slam your head against the nearest hard object.
  • Gloves to protect your hands when you start hittin' shit.

Now, you've been warned.

Rough rhythms for track 2 up. It's three minutes of punishment. Currently working on lyrics.

Also, if you heard the first one without explosions, it's been remixed and enhanced.

That is all.

< on mowing | Attn Fishy Infidels >
WARNING | 25 comments (25 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I would be willing to place a bet by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Mar 19, 2009 at 08:51:34 AM EST

that I am the only dude who will ever read this message who actually owns body armor and a L-IV ballistics helmet. As such, I shall eventually finish downloading these, donning said armor, and proceed to rock.

I was thinking of you when I wrote that. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Mar 19, 2009 at 08:59:07 AM EST
Of course, who ELSE would I think of when talking about body armor?

I have armored jackets and pants by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Mar 19, 2009 at 09:16:48 AM EST
not bulletproof, but with joint protection against blunt impacts.

Yes, but. . . by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Mar 19, 2009 at 09:19:52 AM EST
your diarizing doesn't revolve around them.

(I also have said armaments. Bike = safety in my world.)

However, I would recommend donning them, cranking the nearest MP3 enabled stereo device up WAY TOO LOUD, and then trying to find something to hold onto.

Good man by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Mar 19, 2009 at 10:00:57 AM EST
Taking one for the team!

ATTENTION BREAKER by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Mar 19, 2009 at 10:08:38 AM EST
^^^ TehLoveRiff lives.

Mmmm crunchy. by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Mar 19, 2009 at 10:23:17 AM EST
With added grind!

Yeppers. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Mar 19, 2009 at 10:25:02 AM EST
I think I might, just might, be getting the hang of this RAWK thing. Maybe.

Heh by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Mar 19, 2009 at 10:40:55 AM EST
If that's just getting the hang of it let's see how much more metal it can get!

Hang on. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Mar 19, 2009 at 11:02:41 AM EST
It's coming.

Bring by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu Mar 19, 2009 at 11:17:21 AM EST
TEH BROOTALZ!

I plan on it. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #12 Thu Mar 19, 2009 at 11:55:34 AM EST
May my picks not fail me.

You should see the mess left behind by the March. The pick I used to record that is basically little red shreds all over my guitar right now.

What pics you using? by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #13 Thu Mar 19, 2009 at 12:28:53 PM EST
I like the Dunlop Tortex yellow myself; strong enough to take a diagonal attack on the strings and bendy enough not to bounce off the strings and out of your grip.

Picks by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #14 Thu Mar 19, 2009 at 01:08:56 PM EST
For years and years and years I used Tortex orange. Really, seems like FOREVER I used those things. Then about two, three years back, I switched to Dunlop gator grip reds. They have the same basic feel as the Tortex picks, but have an extra layer of that dusty feeling stuff on them. They stick better to my fingers.

Oh, that skips over the years I used a set of cymbal brass picks. Three nights spent trying to get all the metal filings out of my pickups meant I was NEVER doing that again.

That was the DEFINITION of brutal though. So deep and bassy.

Hmmm haven't seen orange ones over here... by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #15 Thu Mar 19, 2009 at 05:43:55 PM EST
Further research required.

But - brass picks?  Truly Metal, in a metaphorical and unusually practical kind of way.

Orange = .060 or something like that by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #16 Thu Mar 19, 2009 at 06:31:34 PM EST
And the metal picks? I've still got some around. I ever get around to making up a metalz care package for ya some day I'll send you a few. They're fun for non-br00tz stuff. So long as you don't slip and start slam picking with them, then you're whipping out the neo-mags to try and clean your pickups.

(Comment Deleted) by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #17 Thu Mar 19, 2009 at 09:51:49 PM EST

This comment has been deleted by ucblockhead

I have listened by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #18 Thu Mar 19, 2009 at 09:52:02 PM EST
And I proclaim then \m/  \m/
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
*BOWS* by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #19 Thu Mar 19, 2009 at 10:35:10 PM EST
For some reason after a couple beers I keep seeing Godzilla stomping through Tokyo on track 2. No idea why.

My Name is Creo by creo (2.00 / 0) #20 Thu Mar 19, 2009 at 11:56:35 PM EST
and I approve of these tunes - particularly the new one. Final product should be good.

"I shall do what I believe to be right and honourable" - Guderian

Thanks. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #23 Fri Mar 20, 2009 at 12:30:23 AM EST
That new one is the first one of my tunes I haven't become annoyed with during the lyric writing phase and wanted to shoot myself. I always listen over and over when I'm trying to come up with words and eventually I just get sick of most of them. I think this one has just enough "guitar is a percussion instrument DAMMIT" in it to not leave me feeling despondent.

\mm/ by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #21 Fri Mar 20, 2009 at 12:11:13 AM EST

Iz Confusers by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #22 Fri Mar 20, 2009 at 12:29:08 AM EST
\m/\m/=double metalz
\m/= regular metalz
\mm/= ????

Is that like the MNS is too awesome to do anything the normal way metalz sign?

Thanks for listenin'.

My index fingers and thumbs get cold by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #24 Fri Mar 20, 2009 at 11:01:09 AM EST

So I clasp them together under the larger rock formation, indicating, metaphorically, colossally tight rockosity.

AWSUM EXPLANATION by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #25 Fri Mar 20, 2009 at 11:03:42 AM EST
IZ AWSUM.

I may have been reading too many lolcats lately.

WARNING | 25 comments (25 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback