Print Story 12 Cylons, 1 Cup
HuSi
By CheeseburgerBrown (Tue Mar 17, 2009 at 07:16:21 PM EST) (all tags)
...And we enter resolution phase. Some conversations that really needed to happen have happened, people got to say some things they'd wanted to say for a long while, misunderstandings were untangled.

I think there were some really thoughtful comments from a lot of folks around here -- insightful, intelligent, earnest and constructive. (Except for Lil Debbie. WTF, Lil Debbie? Don't be calling my shit gay. The term is "retarded.")

This is one helluva community.

I'd like to thank all the participants. Different points of view were good to have during the phase of our conflict when HuSi was the only two-way avenue of communication for a spell. I thought everyone was really kind and helpful to all sides (with the exception of Lil Debbie, STFU), whether they agreed or disagreed with this and that the other thing. You guys are cool.

My arm is cramped from pressing my phone into my head all day.

I'd also like to thank Slozo and YJ for their graciousness. I feel so much better about the whole thing now that I understand where they were coming from, and why what happened did. I think Slozo and littlestar have come to a better understanding about some things between them, too, which is nothing but awesome.

So, some good can come of spats of this kind. Honestly, I think I feel closer to Slozo now than I have in a long time -- at least, I feel I can appreciate his point of view better.

It was also good to talk with YJ and Old Oak today. Communication heals.

Thanks for being there, HuSi.

P.S.: I love you, Lil Debbie.

< Oh fiddlesticks. | Are bears Catholic? >
12 Cylons, 1 Cup | 18 comments (18 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Does Hallmark have a card for catharsis? by dark nowhere (4.00 / 2) #1 Tue Mar 17, 2009 at 07:45:05 PM EST
It's good to hear things worked out better than expected.

Chill out, snowflake.

I seriously wonder by jayhawk88 (4.00 / 1) #14 Wed Mar 18, 2009 at 09:04:40 AM EST
If they already have a "I'm sorry I posted that" card (or e-card I guess). If not, why not?

#FF0000 Is Red, #0000FF Is Blue... by CheeseburgerBrown (4.00 / 1) #15 Wed Mar 18, 2009 at 09:40:55 AM EST
 ...I regret I hit <i>Send</i> and thereby lambasted you.

I am from a small, unknown country in the north called Ca-na-da.
ppppffffttttthhhh by duxup (4.00 / 2) #2 Tue Mar 17, 2009 at 07:51:09 PM EST
A "1 cup" title and I get understanding and harmony....

Worst husiary ever!

*duxup storms out*

____
dude back off! by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Mar 17, 2009 at 08:44:33 PM EST
Lil Debbie was hittin on me first!

Click
we in Bostonia.. by infinitera (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Mar 17, 2009 at 08:51:25 PM EST
Prefer retahded.

fantastic news! by aphrael (4.00 / 1) #5 Tue Mar 17, 2009 at 09:11:40 PM EST

That's fantastic. It means that after the whole kerfluffle, in the end, things came out better than before.

Despite all the intermediate pain, isn't that the best of all possible worlds?

This changes nothing by chuckles (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue Mar 17, 2009 at 09:51:36 PM EST
I am still praying for an asteroid of sufficient mass to strike that region of Canadia.

Ah, peace. A little bit better than booze. by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #7 Tue Mar 17, 2009 at 10:10:10 PM EST
Not quite as good as sex.

Also, the title of this diary made me by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #8 Tue Mar 17, 2009 at 10:12:24 PM EST
physically shudder.

get ye to the other internet by 256 (4.00 / 2) #9 Tue Mar 17, 2009 at 10:47:26 PM EST
and leave this one to me and my boomer/poop fantasies.

I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni
you sick... by clock (2.00 / 0) #13 Wed Mar 18, 2009 at 07:48:13 AM EST
...sick fucker!  you know the 3s are down with that, but not the 8s.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

While, in this context, I can see by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.50 / 2) #18 Wed Mar 18, 2009 at 02:22:58 PM EST

where "peace" is a desired result, I just wanted to state for the record that, outside that context, peace is the least awesome thing in the entire world. Up with WAR!

I'd like to take the whole lot of you by Phage (4.00 / 1) #10 Wed Mar 18, 2009 at 03:31:24 AM EST
Out for a beer.
That's some tough shit to work through by the 5 of you and you seem to have done it.
I raise my glass to you all - very cool.

i feel betrayed by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 3) #11 Wed Mar 18, 2009 at 07:01:28 AM EST
this diary has nothing to do with BSG!

Excellent. by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #12 Wed Mar 18, 2009 at 07:05:43 AM EST
Mad love to all.

Sincerely, everything CBB said here . . . by slozo (4.00 / 7) #16 Wed Mar 18, 2009 at 09:41:13 AM EST
. . . is true.

To have things truly opened up, and to have had such open and honest dialogues as a result of the whole thing went beyond my greatest hopes for peace, love and understanding for our family. YJ and I talked at length about it, and we both agreed that without CBB's incredible and unprecedented response to me (mostly in private), that this reconcilliation never would have been remotely possible. And this response wasn't just with myself or YJ, but it was also with my father, as I understand it, which might have been even more difficult.

It is difficult for me to write this at work without an emotional tear in my eye.

Full marks to you, CBB. You have truly impressed me in showing YJ and I (and all of husi) an incredible resolve to heal family unity and personally floored YJ and I with your soul-baring humility.

The talk I and YJ had with my sister went a long, long way towards beginning a new phase of friendship, trust and understanding.

Thank-you to all hussites that lent their unconditional support for our family to heal, it definitely helped.

Love, peace and butterflies.

A+++ by Breaker (4.00 / 2) #17 Wed Mar 18, 2009 at 10:54:30 AM EST
This diary and this comment made my day.

Good work all round.