Print Story Wolverines!!!!!!
Family
By georgeha (Fri Feb 06, 2009 at 09:55:16 AM EST) Iwo Jima, skating (all tags)
Err, no, a different Red Dawn.

Plus, good weekend, Heights, ice skating, birthday party, Iwo Jima, street legal, and less.

Poll: What does your inner tweenage girl crave?

It was a good weekend, though uncommon socialization prevented me from insulating an attic dormer. Saturday we went ice skating downtown, one of the second grade mom's put out the call. They redid the downtown rink a year ago, changing it from a small, walled hockey rink into an open kidney shaped one, which I like better. I had to wear size 13 skates to fit my abnormally wide feet, they were okay, but it wasn't comfortable. It's hard to find 10 1/2 super extra wide hockey skates.

Sunday we went to my parents to celebrate my dad's birthday, I added a gig of DDR to his Pavilion. It's a lot easier than adding four 1 meg DIP chips.

We watched maybe half of Heights, some sort of drama about good looking arty New York City types that just didn't engage us. We won't finish it. We also watched a few Twilight Zone episodes.

I finished Larry Smith's Iwo Jima: World War II Veterans Remember the Greatest Battles of the Pacific, I can better understand the reverence the Marines have for it.

Seven year old and I just finished Dragon of the Red Dawn, in which no Wolverines! appear. Instead, Jack and Annie head to Edo in Shogun Japan, get accosted by Samurais, and meet Basho. It's an above average Magic Treehouse book.

My little Tercel is street legal, I drove around for a day or two with an expired registration. I had the new registration, I just couldn't get off my arse to go out into the cold to put it on. It did remind me of our country clerk, she's peeved that people prefer to renew online rather than in person. The country gets money if the people renew in person, but none if you renew online. While she has an initiative to renew locally, it doesn't work well for me. Given the choice between wasting an hour of my lunch time the one time a week the travelling DMV roadshow appears versus five minutes online, I'll take online. Maybe next time I'll mail it in locally, I suppose I can waste 42 cents to help the county.

It should be a mellow weekend, twelve year will be camping with the Girls Scouts until Sunday. Speaking of twelve year old girls, her bff's wanted to borrow my Colby Caillat CD. Last year I suggested that it was better than Hannah Montana, only to be dismissed. Ha!

< I need a lover with an alibi | Few random things >
Wolverines!!!!!! | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
WIPO: anonimouse [nt] by debacle (4.00 / 2) #1 Fri Feb 06, 2009 at 10:37:12 AM EST

I wasn't going to go there by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Feb 06, 2009 at 10:40:59 AM EST

denial by codemonkey uk (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon Feb 09, 2009 at 12:11:16 AM EST
doesn't help anyone

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.
Ewww by Dr H0ffm4n (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Feb 09, 2009 at 01:45:34 AM EST
No teenage girl craves that.

Generally correct by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Feb 09, 2009 at 08:11:19 AM EST
s/teens/early twenties/

seems to work

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
In whose opinion? by Dr H0ffm4n (2.00 / 0) #10 Mon Feb 09, 2009 at 12:42:29 PM EST

WIPO by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Feb 06, 2009 at 10:57:20 AM EST
Apparently my inner tweenage girl craves cuddling and wants that damn music shut off.

Don't bother asking how I know.

Done, plus Uggs and donutphones by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Feb 06, 2009 at 11:02:51 AM EST

WIPO: I dunno by Herring (2.00 / 0) #5 Sat Feb 07, 2009 at 11:07:39 AM EST
but the outer teenage girl (SD) seems to crave cider and chocolate mostly.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
Renewing by houser2112 (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon Feb 09, 2009 at 08:22:10 AM EST
Why do the counties get anything?  DMV is a state agency, presumably staffed by state employees.  She should be glad she gets anything.  The energy spent trying to get people to renew in person in order to get their slice would probably be better spent trying to get the state to contribute the same amount via online renewals that the do for in-person renewals.  There are 39 other county clerks that would probably be willing to go along with such an arrangement, as well.

Wolverines!!!!!! | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback