Print Story Lunch with your best pal!
Wizards and Hobbits
By Bob Abooey (Fri Feb 27, 2009 at 07:09:34 AM EST) (all tags)
Put on your best dirty t-shirt and belly up to the tv tray cause it's lunch time...

I present to you:

Salad L'Abooey!!!

Ingredients:

1) SaladChopped head lettuce
2) Sweet Orange Bell Pepper
3) Chopped carrots
4) Chopped olives (go to the olive bar at your local grocery and load up on the mixed Mediterranean seletion.
5) Chopped sweet Gherkin pickle
6) Diced cherry tomatoes
7) Diced cucumber
8) Chopped onion
9) Smoked mesquite turkey (get it from the local deli and cut it up into small bits)
10) Grated Parmesan, mozzarella, and provolone cheese.
11) Mix Itialian and balsamic vinaigrette dressing and pour over the top.

Let the good times roll boys and girls!!!!

< Just another Friday. | vegetarian chili a la gzt >
Lunch with your best pal! | 16 comments (16 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
WIPO: by greyshade (4.00 / 2) #1 Fri Feb 27, 2009 at 07:11:59 AM EST
Hummus L'Abooey

Indeed by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 2) #8 Fri Feb 27, 2009 at 07:28:09 AM EST
That will come out right after Poo L'Abooey is released.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

Salad is not an Ingredient by codemonkey uk (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Feb 27, 2009 at 07:13:40 AM EST
Salad is a collection of ingredients (usually cold) assembled into a dish.

Ie, Potato salad is potatoes, mayonnaise, and seasoning.  A Spanish salad might consist of tomatoes, and onions, seasoned with oil and vinegar.

Did you mean lettuce? Of which there are many kinds...

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.

You engineer types by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Feb 27, 2009 at 07:17:03 AM EST
Always so fussy about the details...

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

Salad as an ingredient of salad by Herring (2.00 / 0) #15 Sat Feb 28, 2009 at 10:36:24 AM EST
And what's wrong with recursion?

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
Clearly by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Feb 27, 2009 at 07:19:13 AM EST
Anything with bell pepper is NOT salad!
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Indeed by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Feb 27, 2009 at 07:26:40 AM EST
I feel sorry for the foo that tries to make this sans the sweet orange bell pepper!

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

Oh now, by blixco (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Feb 27, 2009 at 11:14:10 AM EST
you have to admit that this is one fine, fine piece of rabid jerk-ass-jerkness.  I worked for like a quarter of an hour toning down the hyperbole to make this what it is: a fine, fine example of the sorts of comments one would expect in, oh, a religious or political discussion.  Unfortunately my counterpart thought I was being dead on.

I guess I should have pushed the hype up a bit more, but that owuld have thrown the balance off and made the whole thing ridiculous.  Instead it is regarded as serious: where do you stand on the bell pepper debate?  Here at HuSi, you're either with me, or against me.

I know where you stand, Bob.  Hell, I know where you sleep.

---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
Here at $GovernmentContractor by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Feb 27, 2009 at 07:23:34 AM EST
They bring in lunch for us every Friday. Today it's Neisha Thai. Pad Thai, Kapow, sticky rice...

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Right by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Feb 27, 2009 at 07:25:17 AM EST
I suppose if Salad L'Abooey isn't on the menu that's a pretty good second.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

Salad for dinner last night. by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Feb 27, 2009 at 07:47:02 AM EST
Not too different from what you had for lunch today. Except chopped up leftover salami instead of turkey, and all the veggies were marinated.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

I'm glad you being a good kept man by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #9 Fri Feb 27, 2009 at 07:40:36 AM EST
in keeping the missus fed and all that, but don't forget to put out now and then.

What ? by sasquatchan (4.00 / 1) #10 Fri Feb 27, 2009 at 07:46:40 AM EST
You can't have salad with out beans. What you have my dear sir is RABBIT FOOD.

Chick peas make a nice addition, but black beans or kidney will also do.

I thought I might have lost it by sasquatchan (4.00 / 3) #12 Fri Feb 27, 2009 at 09:24:45 AM EST
but I found my high-res proof bob's lying to us about his "lunch"

so by bobdole (4.00 / 2) #14 Fri Feb 27, 2009 at 04:52:00 PM EST
that looks like a well balanced meal.

I can see carbs, proteins and even trace amounts of fibre. And best of all, no dishes or utensils to be cleaned!

-- The revolution will not be televised.
-1 FP by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #16 Sun Mar 01, 2009 at 07:04:54 AM EST
Lack of sandwich content.

---------------