Print Story ATTENTION: JOHNNY INFIDEL
Breakups
By Dr H0ffm4n (Thu Feb 26, 2009 at 11:16:21 AM EST) (all tags)
Major Midget was pleased with The Package.
Especially, when she saw the inscription. So thanks.

Major Midget broke several adult hearts tonight.

Teachers at her parent's evening were begging her to choose their subject as one of her GCSE options. She's a joy to teach, has an obvious gift for the subject (and would raise their class averages). One by one she had to break it to them that she'd not be taking their class after the summer. Two were nearly in tears.

I'm trying to convince her to do Drama rather than IT. She loves both. She's guaranteed A if not A** in both. The IT GCSE counts for little if you're heading for Uni, especially if you have triple science and double maths. The Drama GCSE has no homework. The head of the IT dept offered to compress the IT GCSE into a year just for Major Midget if the Drama dept would do the same.

Why, yes, I am a proud father.

< Mirror up to life | this will probably offend someone >
ATTENTION: JOHNNY INFIDEL | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Ciongrats, by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Feb 26, 2009 at 11:25:40 AM EST
from what I can understand.

WIPO: Drop out, by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Feb 26, 2009 at 12:03:11 PM EST

and join the Army. Or become a goatherd. One or the other.

Regardless, congratulations!

Oh dear by johnny (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Feb 26, 2009 at 01:03:44 PM EST
Such a promising beginning, and then you had to go and give her one of my books.  I'm afraid it will be all downhill from here.  Sorry.
Buy my books, dammit!
your poll makes me think by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Feb 26, 2009 at 02:50:06 PM EST
i considered being a theatre major, but chose bio instead. now i'm in IT, and i love what I do...but i don't know if i could actually go to school for it.
---------
Combine IT and drama by herbert (4.00 / 1) #5 Thu Feb 26, 2009 at 11:00:04 PM EST
GCSE in intarwebs

I actually regret not doing IT by nebbish (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Feb 27, 2009 at 01:59:24 AM EST
But some of the things that were good about it then, like access to a computer, aren't really that important now.

Drama is a good subject though, it can take you a long way.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Funny combination by TurboThy (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Mar 04, 2009 at 04:30:37 AM EST
I got to do both. Drama in secondary and IT in high school.
__
Sommerhus til salg, første række til Kattegat.
ATTENTION: JOHNNY INFIDEL | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback