Print Story OMG OMG OMG!
By nightflameblue (Fri Feb 13, 2009 at 04:44:20 AM EST) (all tags)
Email: Killswitch Engage is doing a fill-show from the Music as a Weapon tour here in town the Monday after the Friday I see them in the Target Center. So, I calm myself, saying it can't be possible. Click the link to the show listing and see: "Openers: Lucana Coil and CHIMAIRA!

Oh, you fucking know I'm going.

• Bringin' it
  • Wore down
  • M00zak

Bringin' it

To quote BB when I told him they're playing the local hotel add-on arena, "Woooowwwwww. Chimaira is gonna fucking destroy that place."

Yeah, and I'm gonna be there to witness it. Fucking place barely withstood Disturbed. Br00talz.

I got that email late and immediately turned into a five year old that just got told he's getting two Christmases this year. I was running around the house like a maniac, freaking out.

Metalz quasi-weekend: May 8th-May 11th
Survival chances: 3%

I best be getting in a little better physical shape.

This is gonna be the most awesome thing ever. I won't be recovered from one show and I'll be headed to another. Hell yes.

Also: BB King is coming relatively close. Not metalz, still awesome. Damn.

Wore down

Found myself extremely tired last night after spending the previous night working Mrs. NFB's computer back into usability. Until I got that email. Then I was too excited to sleep.

This could be a rough day. Meh.

M00zak

Since I was so metalz pumped last night I sat down to try doing some musical garbage and remembered why I haven't done that in a while. Fucking drum programming bores me to fucking tears. Man, I hate it. Not just a little, but a lot. A whole lot.

I can play drums better than I can program them. Which would seem counterintuitive since I suck at drums, but at least I can find the fucking rhythms when it's live on the fly. This analyze and try to fit your off-beats into the little squares provided in the drum machine bullshit just makes me want to scream.

So, by the time I get three patterns programmed and laid out, I'm sick of fiddling with music and don't bother getting out my guitar.

Meh.

There's a solution out there somewhere. Don't know where that is yet.

Bleh. Outz bitchez.

< The number 13 | It's not just the Irish who star in depressing urban poverty flicks >
OMG OMG OMG! | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I hates the drum programming too by Herring (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Feb 13, 2009 at 05:10:42 AM EST
That's why the drum tracks on all my MFC entries are crap.

Maybe the TPD route is the answer. I have been thinking so for some time. The expensive option is to mic up Small Boy's kit properly. Maybe one day.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky

Well I have only had a tiny play..... BUT by TPD (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Feb 13, 2009 at 05:16:59 AM EST
see my hole entry, the KORG Nanopad is seriously fun, and while I have yet to do anything I recon a couple of passes over a piece of music and it would be pretty easy to make up a fairly awesome drum track.... Also EZ drummer (+ dfh for a bit of metal madnes) is superb, sounds excellent and has 100s of preprogrammed groves to drag and drop!

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
My biggest problem? by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Feb 13, 2009 at 05:21:46 AM EST
I'm never happy with pre-programmed stuff. Ever.

I may just have to go the route of some sort of "pad" setup where I can tap my rhythms in. Right now the only way I can do that is the computer keyboard and it sometimes lags by just enough to toss off the rhythm so it's sort of pointless to try and do anything serious with it.

How is EZ Drummer when it comes to programming? As much of a pain in the ass as any other drum programming system? I keep hearing good things, but the only things I've seen online is the splash-like picture of a drum kit. Be neat to see an actual screen-shot review of how you input your own rhythms.

Or maybe I just need to save up and get an electronic kit and run it through my Logic drums. I can get good drum sounds, I just hate the programming bit.

Only today I bought this piece of kit.... by TPD (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Feb 13, 2009 at 05:33:12 AM EST
http://solodeals.com/Nano-PAD-USBMIDI-Controller/M/B001H2QCMU.htm (damn you get things cheap stateside!), that's got a "LITE" version of EZdrummer you can download included.... And I've only had a short play this lunchtime but I like it so far.

(though I haven't bothered I have the full)... EZDrummer doesn't really do much to aid the programming beyond giving you preprogammed grooves that you can obviously then build on.... my MFC entry and pretty much most things I have done since getting EZdrummer just consist of preprogrammed grooves with minor alterations where I especially need it.

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
errrr I was sure that made sense when I posted it by TPD (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Feb 13, 2009 at 05:35:04 AM EST
NoT now

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
EZDrummer is probably not for me then. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Feb 13, 2009 at 05:58:24 AM EST
Pre-programmed just doesn't work for me on any level. Tried it too many times and always ended up disappointed.

I'll probably have to buy something like that mini-pad thing. I don't think I have room for a kit, even an electronic one.

clock hates programming drums too by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Feb 13, 2009 at 09:22:55 AM EST
so he bought some drums because it's easier to play and record.

No doubt. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri Feb 13, 2009 at 10:07:08 AM EST
If only our house wasn't so tiny. And I was a good enough drummer to actually play what I want to hear.

Fuck it. Lottery + session drummer.

OMG OMG OMG! | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback