Print Story 2009 Wrap-Up
By atreides (Thu Dec 31, 2009 at 09:48:09 AM EST) (all tags)
Diary entries: 77
Titles from Song Lyrics: 3
Comments: 204
Parents Lost: 1
Jobs Lost: 1
Moves: 2

Births: 1

This has not been the best year I've ever had. I would even go so far as to say that it's going out on a pretty low note.

Sometimes, Welsh Girl breaks down crying because she feels she hasn't done enough and that there are so many things looming over us. I just put my arms around her and tell her that tomorrow is another day. Some days I feel the same (without the crying, of course). As you all know, when things break down spectacularly, it's hard to see an end to it or a way out. You get caught in cycles that feed upon themselves. You know what, though? Change one thing and the entire cycle changes making other things easier to change. Soon you're in a whole new cycle and the bad times are a nostalgic memory or an interesting story to tell. All it takes is patience and time and some love to get you through. And I get that in spades (and no-trump, too). So I don't sweat it, too much. Tomorrow is a whole new year.

From the Satrapic Palace, I, Welsh Girl and the Despoina wish you all a safe, happy and joyous new year.

Selah.

< The only way out of tech support is feet first | We need more cctv cameras. >
2009 Wrap-Up | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Selah by iGrrrl (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Dec 31, 2009 at 11:05:17 AM EST
My greetings to you three and wishes for better days. You deserve them.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

best wishes by misslake (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Dec 31, 2009 at 12:10:28 PM EST
happy new year

Hey happy new year! by technician (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Dec 31, 2009 at 01:04:15 PM EST
We look back at our first years in Massachusetts...no family, one $9 an hour income, and a basement apartment in Worcester...and yeah, they were awful years but not totally awful and they made us. I'd not trade it in for anything.

You'll all be perfectly OK.

Well, back in 1997 by Herring (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Dec 31, 2009 at 02:48:11 PM EST
when the Labour party came to power in the UK, the theme was "the only way is up". I'm hoping that's actually true in your case.

Good luck to you and yours.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky

the bad times by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Dec 31, 2009 at 03:10:07 PM EST
just make you that much stronger.

Hugs from our family to yours!

/hugs by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Dec 31, 2009 at 05:03:22 PM EST
to all of you...
Always another day by littlestar (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Jan 01, 2010 at 09:42:39 AM EST
on the other side. Too true. I look forward to hearing the great things that happen to you guys in 2010. Best wishes for the new year.

*twinkle*twinkle*