Print Story In my dream last night
By johnny (Wed Dec 23, 2009 at 06:01:42 PM EST) nuns who blow up stuff, christopher walken, stronger orgasms (all tags)
I wrote a novel in two parts.

The first part concerned some militant lesbian Roman Catholic nuns in the 1960's who blew up a few munitions factories and an NFL stadium (they were never caught). There was some discussion of feminist theology, and something also about a hormonal potion they drank which increased the intensity of their orgasms.

The second part of the novel concerned some of these same woman years later; some of them had remained in the convent, some hadn't. A detective who looked & sounded a lot like Christopher Walken was investigating a recent bombing that bore a striking resemblance to those 40 years ago.

I was writing the novel in a teeny-tiny attic apartment in Oakland, California, that was reached by a stairway that was so steep and confined that going to my writer's grotto was like spelunking.

The climax of the novel involved the Christopher Walken fellow sledding down a long ski slope in late spring when there was more mud & ice water on the hill than there was snow.

How much do you think I can get for the movie rights?

P.S. Where the hell did this dream come from? I like weird dreams, and most of my dreams are weird, at least when compared to those of my wife & others with whom I've discussed dreams. This one weirded me out.  Now as I write about it, I kind of like it. But when I woke up, I was feeling pretty icky. Mostly I was feeling icky about being male, as the women made some pretty convincing arguments about how maleness == ickiness.  On the other hand, they were down with Jesus. How that part of their theology held together, alas, was forever lost when I woke up and the bubble burst.

< that was a lot of standing. | hey gus >
In my dream last night | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I dunno where they come from by MartiniPhilosopher (4.00 / 1) #1 Wed Dec 23, 2009 at 07:41:21 PM EST
but I get them as well.

A couple of weeks ago it was me, somehow in charge of the Disney corporation, using the Mormon church to buy up all of Utah to turn into a replica of 19th century Bavaria. The icky part came when my younger female cousins were trying to seduce me in the middle of doing all of that.

It took a couple of days to shake that icky off.

Last night by toxicfur (4.00 / 1) #2 Wed Dec 23, 2009 at 08:35:35 PM EST
I dreamed that I forgot to write a particular grant proposal, so I submitted a piece of erotica that I had stored on my computer instead. I was pretty sure that nobody was actually going to read the proposal, so it wasn't a big deal until I realized I didn't have time to write the executive summary. I had to ask an employee who doesn't work in my immediate office and who is a huge gossip to write the summary based on the "grant proposal." I woke up convinced I was going to be fired.

I blame anxiety.

Executive Summaries, etc by johnny (4.00 / 1) #8 Wed Dec 23, 2009 at 09:18:53 PM EST
I have a vague recollection of doing something similar to what you did in your dream on a Tufts Environmental Sciences proposal. I always wondered if you noticed. . .

YOAU WHERE INE OAKLANE WITH CHSIRST WALKERN?! by Driusan (4.00 / 1) #3 Wed Dec 23, 2009 at 08:35:44 PM EST
Werne't you suposed to be in Boston?!

WH YASDFJM I DRUNKR:!?

Vive le Montréal libre.

WIPO by Driusan (4.00 / 1) #4 Wed Dec 23, 2009 at 08:37:01 PM EST
Reqiedrs theologistcal exeginis (correct spelling) by PKD.

Vive le Montréal libre.
fuck by Driusan (4.00 / 1) #5 Wed Dec 23, 2009 at 08:37:52 PM EST
that comment would be better if Exegesis was spelt corectly, rather than "correct pselling")

Vive le Montréal libre.
ickiness by Kellnerin (4.00 / 1) #6 Wed Dec 23, 2009 at 08:43:15 PM EST
I would be icked-out if I dreamt of Christopher Walken. The writer's grotto part sounds cool, though.

"Plans aren't check lists, they are loose frameworks for what's going to go wrong." -- technician
um... by ana (4.00 / 1) #7 Wed Dec 23, 2009 at 08:52:43 PM EST
not sure where to start explaining that one.

Dreams are weird; there's an abiding principle, I think, that could be worded It Has To Make Sense, and the ol' brain does the best it can with a handful of noise, weaving elaborate tales from nothing at all.

Mine tend to either involve flying (which I seem to do by holding my breath), or something mundane like hyenas coming after my dog.

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

hyenas attacking your dog?!?! by misslake (2.00 / 0) #10 Sat Dec 26, 2009 at 02:34:32 PM EST
MUNDANE?!?

here i thought you lived near boston, not near some terrifying hyena filled savannah.

hyenas are scary.

Well, we do. by ana (2.00 / 0) #11 Sat Dec 26, 2009 at 10:17:41 PM EST
But the house where it was happening was in Colorado, even though neither this dog, nor any non-zoo hyena, has ever lived there. Also, hyenas are not black and white, but these were.

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

Well, by mrgoat (4.00 / 5) #9 Wed Dec 23, 2009 at 11:07:33 PM EST
I had a dream the other night that had me worried I had to call the car mechanic in the morning, because I had to get the car fixed, as it was made of cheese. This, I considered to be quite the fucking hassle.

Also, the goddamn bears. Don't get me started on those nights I dream that I am a rectangle.

Probably has no bearing on this. Just felt like sharing.

--top hat--