Print Story Salespeople and seasons.
By nightflameblue (Tue Dec 22, 2009 at 01:13:56 PM EST) (all tags)
And a couple other things.

I love salespeople. For various definitions of the word love. Most of them involving ballgags and restraining devices.

However, there is one salesdude I know that doesn't make me want to punch babies. He actually sort of speaks an almost human language, and generally doesn't douchebag know-it-all up every chance he gets, even though he's one of the few I've ever met who has a right to know-it-all up. So, kudos to Sweetwater for employing someone who actually generates sales AND leaves customers feeling like they wouldn't mind talking to that same guy again.

And this makes twice he's talked me into a cheaper purchase than I was contemplating by convincing me the quality was actually BETTER at a lower price-point. And as far as I know, he does get commission. He's just smart enough to realize I'll come back because he's steered me right in the past.

And my new Christmas toy is on the way. Mwahahahaha, er, um, I mean, yay.

LLT has been ever more chipper lately. This morning marks the first time she actually watched me put crickets in for her, then immediately grabbed one before I even had the lid back on her enclosure. She's getting to be a bit of a handful when she's out with us in the evening, but I'd much rather see that than the lump of do-nothing she arrived as.

The new neon fishies are growing like weeds. When they arrived they were so tiny I was worried I'd miss one of them in the folds of the bag. They're now chubby little inch-long eating machines. Funny how stable environment and good eats can launch them into health. They've also colored up a lot. And it's only been a week and couple days.

Pup1 has been taking a trial for arthritis meds. She's been acting more and more like a puppy. So much so that she wore her batteries down and ended up crashing mid-play last night like a puppy. It's good to see her back to normal, and now we both feel guilty it took us so long to realize what was going on with her. Poor kid.

Family plans and gatherings in every which direction. Weather is not being cooperative. May end up not spending Christmas with Mrs. NFB. She's running her dad's big-time party in Worthington, and if the weather turns after she leaves to start preps, I'm supposed to stay home so the pets aren't stuck alone. This could go bad.

And then there's mom and her gathering of bazillions of people I don't know and haven't ever met before that I'm supposed to show up for. Should be fun explaining why Mrs. NFB couldn't come too, to all the people asking. "Well, see, mom's a bit of a bitch, so, you know. I'm used to it, but the wife isn't."

This is why I love the holidays. Or not.

At least our gathering with dad and Mrs. dad went OK. They're pleasant to be around and don't fight us on every little detail.

Guess that's my weekly. Enjoy your holidays and family beatin. . . er, um, I mean gatherings.

< Travel = sore throat. | Holiday Travel >
Salespeople and seasons. | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
the beatings have already begun! by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Dec 22, 2009 at 03:05:27 PM EST
I'm making a skirt to wear on xmas.  My mom stopped by when I was trying it on for fit yesterday.  She criticized the hell out of it, but my favorite was telling me to leave off the pockets because they draw attention to my hips, and my hips are already big enough as it is.  nice, eh?

Mothers. by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #3 Tue Dec 22, 2009 at 04:48:40 PM EST
Can't live with them. Um, that's all I've got.

except by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Dec 23, 2009 at 09:14:28 AM EST
*I*'m a mother now!  I hope I don't turn into that.

You have a few years. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Dec 23, 2009 at 11:16:23 AM EST
Your true potential won't be reached until your kids move out on their own. I think a lot of moms go all bittercakes when that happens, while dads start throwing silent parties.

And yeah, I just threw out a stereotype. OHNOES! OUTRAGE!

i love having my little beast around by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Dec 23, 2009 at 12:33:13 PM EST
but i don't cry when i drop him off at mother's day out or to spend the night at a grandparent house.  no way, no how.

But imagine dropping him off somewhere by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Dec 23, 2009 at 01:31:32 PM EST
and then only seeing him twice a year, if you're lucky, for the rest of your life.

I imagine that's where some of the angst begins to develop.

Now I feel like I'm starting to pick a fight. Must be the holiday spirit in me or something.

I'm not looking forward to the day our last furry critter passes. Mrs. NFB and I about lost it with the two kitties we've lost, and we currently have five others to keep us occupied. That's as close as we'll get to the "kids leaving home" experience.

Barring unforseen circumstances before my upcoming fixing, that is.

oh, i know by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Dec 23, 2009 at 01:46:48 PM EST
and it will totally suck.  and it will be yet another part of the circle of life.

it already makes me a little sad when he's totally pissed off and says, "Mommy go way!"

at her annual vet trip this year, they told me Porschea will be considered a "senior" at her next birthday.  I can't believe how time has flown - it's like she's always been with me.  I will be crushed when her time comes along.

Everything keeps moving faster. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Dec 23, 2009 at 02:28:21 PM EST
Mr. and Miss Kitten are adults now. Pup1 is a senior. Pup2 is almost a senior. Kitty2 is fast pulling into that station. Kitty1 has passed on from kidney failure.

And I still remember Pup1 weighing four pounds and needing help to get up on the couch like it just happened. It's crazy.

And our niece. She's talking like she's all grown up, and going to school. I keep thinking about a chubby baby rocking out to Slayer videos and playing air-guitar with me.

If everything could slow back down for a year or two, that'd be great.

i think it's inevitable by garlic (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Dec 23, 2009 at 03:26:39 PM EST
as much as I try, i think i'm turning out like my dad.

Supposed to show up for.... by marvin (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Dec 22, 2009 at 03:25:58 PM EST
The only good thing about other people's unreasonable or unwanted expectations is the satisfaction one gains in ignoring them.

Or you could go and cause enough of a scene to ensure that you won't get invited again in the future.

Is that dude's by barooo (2.00 / 0) #11 Mon Dec 28, 2009 at 11:07:27 AM EST
Initials PL?

Or does that place just manage to find all excellent salespeople?

man, i need a beefy taco now.
-gzt
Nope, RA. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #12 Mon Dec 28, 2009 at 11:31:43 AM EST
In general, musicians tend to be a bunch of whiney bitches. ESPECIALLY when it comes to dealing with salespeople. I have yet to hear a complaint about a Sweetwater salesperson. Those dudes don't just know their stuff, they're actually good at their jobs AND make you want to come back, which is the half most salespeople forget.

Salespeople and seasons. | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback