Print Story Where's my friggin' blood pressure machine?!
Law
By gzt (Wed Dec 16, 2009 at 12:17:59 PM EST) gzt, flight, zma, sleep, healthy, eggs (all tags)
In the old building, there was a blood pressure machine right around the corner. I would often wander down there while thinking and get another couple numbers to look at. I like numbers. And measurements. Now that I'm back in the HQ, I have no clue where to turn for my numbers fix. Motherfuckers.

Speaking of which, I couldn't find my wife's tape measure this morning. She had been leaving it out. It's fine, though. I can live without numbers.

Other things I can apparently live without: access to any of the things I need to do my job. Bastards. They screwed the pooch while moving me back to the HQ.

There's a "healthy baking" contest today at the office. It's all nonsense. Honestly, bacon would likely be "healthier" than what most people will bring and think is "healthy". But, well, health is ideology, it's not fact or science. The ways to get there, however, can be scientific. Seriously, though: just have an honest cake with butter, sugar, flour, and eggs, eat a small piece, and forget about it.

I need to call my grandmother today. It's her birthday.

I got my knee sleeves in the mail yesterday. I put them on and my knees were like, "Dear sir, we are happy." They might be slightly small, they're bunching up a bit. Drat. It will either get worse as I get bigger or get better as they stretch out. I will be glad to try them out, but I just can't until next TUESDAY. Bastards. That's what travel does.

Travel! It should be warm.

We really need to get things set up so we can entertain. Like, pronto. Having people around is good. I haven't been able to entertain since July and the last time I did was, like, June. That's not kosher. I'm not really in a position to go hang out with people at bars or someplace external to my domicile, since we like having money. Well, we'll figure it out.

I bought some ZMA. Might as well experiment a little. I should get it today. What's the worst that could happen? Death. That's the worst that could happen. I'll be sure to tell my wife how I feel about her before I go to bed tonight, I suppose.

< Achtung Beantown Heretics! | Their foes superior by an inch >
Where's my friggin' blood pressure machine?! | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
no more wings night ? by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Dec 16, 2009 at 12:54:18 PM EST
or the crazy ex stories ?

I'm no longer in the neighborhood by gzt (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Dec 16, 2009 at 01:13:16 PM EST
The few remaining people I knew around there graduated in the spring and the alums have all moved out of the neighborhood now, too. And that woman, whose communications in the future will be completely disregarded (I have e-mail filters and such to guarantee it), has left the continental US. Not, by the way, the first woman who has done that.

an honest cake with butter, sugar, flour, and eggs by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Dec 16, 2009 at 02:10:14 PM EST
Cake recipe:
Cream one pound butter.
Cream in 2 cups sugar.
Add 9 eggs, one at a time.
Add 4 cups flour.
Pour into cake pans, bake in 350°F oven until done.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

2 cups sugar by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Dec 16, 2009 at 03:47:18 PM EST
isn't quite enough for a pound, I think..

American pounds. by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Dec 17, 2009 at 07:45:23 AM EST
Not Imperial.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

get your numbers by barooo (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Dec 16, 2009 at 02:19:29 PM EST
near the exit of the cafeteria.  Unless they moved it.  Haven't eaten there in a while, got sick of eating the same thing every day (salad greens, a few salad veggies, a ton of tuna).

man, i need a beefy taco now.
-gzt
I know it's there.... by gzt (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Dec 16, 2009 at 02:45:22 PM EST
...but it's so far away. I have to go down an elevator, up an escalator, etc etc etc. It's not something I can just do while taking a couple minutes to just stand up.

Maybe what I need is some random number generator. Or a couple dice.

My Eternity has a SimDice program. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Dec 16, 2009 at 03:17:01 PM EST
If you have a SmartPhone you could probably dl one too. Or just buy some D&D dice.

You could always buy one. by barooo (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu Dec 17, 2009 at 10:15:54 AM EST
Teh wife, who is an RN, says that the fingertip ones are reasonably accurate, especially if you're tracking an average or such.  Then you'd have numbers on demand.  I think they're relatively cheap, like maybe in the tens of dollars.

man, i need a beefy taco now.
-gzt
Calcium severely inhibits ZMA absorbtion. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Dec 16, 2009 at 03:25:34 PM EST
By like 70%. Bye-bye milk!

Sniffle. by gzt (4.00 / 1) #9 Wed Dec 16, 2009 at 03:54:15 PM EST
I'll frontload my milk-drinking towards breakfast.