Print Story Have you ever been to New York CITY?
Help!
By gzt (Mon Nov 09, 2009 at 11:36:40 AM EST) gzt, dreams, floors, cold (all tags)
Improper dancing! In the middle of the streets!

I ate Indian food and chocolate for dinner last night. A+ would do again. I took a nap yesterday afternoon. A+ would do again.

Have unfinished pine chairs. Should finish them. I'll have to borrow somebody's orbital sander - not worth it to have one of my own. It will stay warm this week, so I can. Now I get to think about all my fun options.

I've been catching up on Basic Instructions: http://www.basicinstructions.net/?p=1082 This stuff is gold. And this: http://www.basicinstructions.net/?p=1050

I'm hungry.

Hey, I seem to have caught a cold. Instead of being at "I have a slight cold but barely notice it," I am now at, "I actively have a cold. Drat." I was planning to get stuff done around the house when I got home, but I might just make bacon and sleep. The entire apartment will smell like delicious, delicious bacon. This cold is starting to look better and better. I will, of course, take care of the grease. I may slow-cook at a low temp and save the fat.

Slight leak in the kitchen sink. C'mon!

Apparently the floors are thin - a downstairs neighbor complained about the noise late one night. Drat! Noise also leaks to and from the street. We will survive.

QUESTION ABOUT DREAMS: Have any of you ever had dreams about your bellybutton unraveling into your body and causing terrible problems? I haven't lately, but the subject came up. I instead have dreams about olympic weightlifting.

< Memories. | Conversation with NOC engineer >
Have you ever been to New York CITY? | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
makin' bacon by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Nov 09, 2009 at 11:47:00 AM EST
so that's what the kids call it these days..

Downstairs neighbor will complain no matter what you do.. Floors is noisy, yo. Tell the landlord to put carpet down, and even then odds are architecture and construction conspire against you.

We figure it's par for the course. by gzt (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Nov 09, 2009 at 12:28:47 PM EST
We were planning on throwing down some rugs anyway, that might help a little (not with the squeaks, but with most of the other stuff). The plan is to just keep it down late at night, since we typically plan on being in bed by then anyway, and to just be reasonable at other times. Beyond that, you know, you can't expect much.

Everybody's moving what they shouldn't be moving by atreides (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Nov 09, 2009 at 12:50:48 PM EST
Everybody's moving it in the middle of the street! My dreams, when I remember them, tend to be pretty damn bizarre. To have one about something as simple as weight lifting would be a relief...

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

there's nothing simple about the snatch by gzt (4.00 / 1) #5 Mon Nov 09, 2009 at 01:29:04 PM EST
And, well, it was a bit weird, but it was, in the end, about putting barbells overhead.

Truer words have never been spoken... by atreides (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Nov 09, 2009 at 01:39:35 PM EST
Indeed, as a married man, I concur and attest that there is nothing simple about the snatch.

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

Did you see this conversation? by gzt (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Nov 09, 2009 at 01:49:54 PM EST
Why yes, I did... by atreides (2.00 / 0) #10 Mon Nov 09, 2009 at 03:37:36 PM EST
Imagine Welsh Girl's amusement that you couldn't tell me (black guy from Texas married to a woman) from Aphrael (white guy from California married to a man). I guess the saying is true...

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

Do you ever have that dream by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Nov 09, 2009 at 01:15:02 PM EST
where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

STOP! by brokkr (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Nov 09, 2009 at 02:06:47 PM EST
Continue.
Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjalfr it sama,
ek veit einn, at aldrei deyr: dómr um dau∂an hvern.

I am so very pleased by R343L (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon Nov 09, 2009 at 02:32:57 PM EST
That there are so many Electric Six fans!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some naked pictures to go post ...