Print Story Dance Commander
Health
By gzt (Fri Nov 06, 2009 at 02:18:33 PM EST) gzt, sunday roast (all tags)
So I went to a play last night. It went late. The Crucible. As expected, a very emotionally-draining performance.

My wife noticed we were low on bacon and bought me more. YOUR BABY AIN'T SWEET LIKE MINE. NOTA BENE: we should explore the various foreign bacons available at the grocery store, they're reasonably-priced and should offer interesting variety beyond the "American" bacons.

I'm getting jiggly. Back pain is almost constant when sitting. That's it. I'm leaving for lunch in a few minutes, I'll drop by the secret free work gym and make an inventory of what they have. It's casual Friday.

Hey, it turns out that file I wanted yesterday, they got it Wednesday night and didn't share with me. And... I still don't have it. ...

Okay. Lunch. I'm going in. I'll let you know.

Um, ugh. I recalled incorrectly, they do not even have a bench.  They have some sort of Smith-like machine over a bench1. The only sort of thing in there that's useful is a lat pulldown machine. Not even a place to do pullups. Oh, right, they do have some treadmills of sorts. Not. Helpful. Will really really have to look into that gym.

Ibuprofen: not really a good idea. http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/09/01/phys-ed-does-ibuprofen-help-or-hurt-during-exercise/ Confirming more stuff we all already know.

Okay. I've got the runs. Well, not quite, but I'm very loose at the moment. Not sure what caused it. Not entirely important. Could be the omelette yesterday.

Am I the only one who is excited at the idea of possibly starting to do Sunday roasts? I'll float the idea, see if people bite on it. Start before church, go to church, come back, do some more work, have company, eat the leftovers all week, all that stuff. Not necessarily every week, mind you. But I think we have enough friends that would enjoy dropping by and eating some Yorkshire pudding on a Sunday afternoon.

SPEAKING OF WHICH: Prince Charles is, sometimes, quite cool: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutton_Renaissance_Campaign Only sometimes, though. Hmm. I might be able to get mutton at that corner grocery, now that I think of it.

Wait, did we get a roasting pan? And a rack for it?

1: This is a bad idea, both in principle and in practice, even in a pinch. You will destroy your shoulders with this.

< Always believe in your soul, you've got the power to know. | True Crime >
Dance Commander | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Get maple bacon by Driusan (4.00 / 2) #1 Fri Nov 06, 2009 at 02:38:07 PM EST
As in, maple flavoured(smoked?) bacon, not Maple (the brand) bacon. Though Maple brand maple bacon would work.

Vive le Montréal libre.
that's a common American style by gzt (4.00 / 2) #2 Fri Nov 06, 2009 at 02:50:25 PM EST
and is frequently purchased chez gzt.

o realy? by Driusan (4.00 / 1) #3 Fri Nov 06, 2009 at 02:53:05 PM EST
I'd never heard of it or seen it until I moved to Qu├ębec, so I just assumed it was a local thing.

Vive le Montréal libre.
even oscar meyer does it by gzt (4.00 / 1) #4 Fri Nov 06, 2009 at 02:54:23 PM EST
though, actually, i kind of like oscar meyer bacon, the price isn't too bad and it has a decent meat content.

UPDATE: by gzt (4.00 / 1) #13 Sun Nov 08, 2009 at 06:24:04 AM EST
there was a sale and I bought two packages of maple bacon.

This is the best news I've heard all day. by Driusan (4.00 / 1) #14 Sun Nov 08, 2009 at 12:37:45 PM EST

Vive le Montréal libre.
So... by R343L (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Nov 06, 2009 at 05:19:36 PM EST
Is the title a reference to something I love dearly or something else?

electric six? by gzt (2.00 / 0) #8 Sat Nov 07, 2009 at 06:07:49 AM EST
If that's something you love dearly, then, yes.

yay! by R343L (2.00 / 0) #9 Sat Nov 07, 2009 at 08:53:49 AM EST
Someone else knows!

Eight days till I finally see them live!

YOU MUST OBEY THE DANCE COMMANDER by gzt (2.00 / 0) #10 Sat Nov 07, 2009 at 08:35:57 PM EST
IT WOULD BE AWESOME

ROLL THE DICE /nt by R343L (2.00 / 0) #11 Sat Nov 07, 2009 at 10:01:39 PM EST

My baby is sweeter by marvin (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Nov 06, 2009 at 07:24:05 PM EST
I arrived home to a batch of fresh, home-made licorice-flavoured ice-cream. My wife hates licorice. I was awed.

lamb bacon by LinDze (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Nov 06, 2009 at 09:27:13 PM EST
saw it the other day, need to pick some up. Not much mutton 'round these parts. Which is a shame with it being stew season now. There's a ukrainian butcher near me, I should see what they've got.

-Lin Dze
Arbeit Macht Frei
Praise Jesus and Lamb Bacon. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #12 Sun Nov 08, 2009 at 03:22:54 AM EST
Now I know where I'm having dinner tonite. Thank you, sir.

Dance Commander | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback