Print Story I found the compressed air valves.
Educashun
By gzt (Thu Nov 05, 2009 at 10:52:54 AM EST) gzt, compressed air, lunch, bacon, snatch (all tags)
Oh my.

I'm going to The Crucible tonight.

Still waiting on this one report that was supposed to be delivered "early this week". It has lots of valuable information that I will work with.

This morning, I ate two pieces of bacon and a spinach omelette fried in the bacon grease. It wasn't a French omelette, we don't have the pan for it and, of course, I was using the bacon grease. Soon, perhaps? Lunch: I don't know. I should start packing lunches rather than spending $3.50 on the cheapest options around. Dinner: I suppose we'll grab something between the time we get home and go to the play. Sandwich. Maybe pie.

Still haven't gotten a chance to go to gyms and such. Maybe I should compromise and use the secret gym at work which doesn't have everything I need. But it has a bench, which is, like, the least important lift I would do right now, but it's better than nothing. I mean, it's a lift I would do. Better that than nothing. They certainly don't have anything allowing squatting or deadlifting, which I think are the two most important lifts for my health and fitness, and simply do not accomodate snatches. I'm getting fat.

And part of that can be blamed on this cold I've had for five weeks which triggers my asthma. That makes it hard to say, "Okay, I can't get to a gym, but I will run around outside, throw around my medicine ball, and do some pullups," since I'll be gasping in like two minutes. And then two minutes later. Cold air + exercise when my asthma is acting up = need to find a new way to breathe.

I've been watching "How I Met Your Mother". I know now that one of my coworkers in a bygone era was very much modeling himself after Barney, except with a little less sexing.

Seriously, I don't have much to do without this report, I kind of cleared my schedule.

Management science: all just kind of nonsensical.

I really should've gotten a slightly smaller ring. I play with it all the time because it's just slightly too big.

We only have two slices of bacon left. Danger! Danger! High voltage!

My headphones gave out today. They lasted, like, 9 months. I don't treat them well. I'll get another $9.95 pair. Might want some long ethernet cable, too. Or something. I have, like, $50 in amazon gift certificates lying around. Wait. I think I should have $75. Did that third ever arrive? Or did I not get a third?

< bleh | Adventures in whatnot >
I found the compressed air valves. | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
hit the valves... by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Nov 05, 2009 at 11:30:00 AM EST
best when hooked up to a pipe organ..

IHBT by garlic (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Nov 05, 2009 at 12:21:51 PM EST
what equipment used for bench press is not also usable for deadlifts? I can understand some safety racks for squats and snatches.

okay. by gzt (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Nov 05, 2009 at 12:38:56 PM EST
Yes, barbell and weights, at least if the weights are round, can be used for the deadlift. But to deadlift, you also need open floorspace, suitable flooring, and gym management willing to let you deadlift. I don't know whether all three are in place in there. I'm pretty sure, from what I recall, the first two really aren't in place.

do you bounce the weights ? by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Nov 06, 2009 at 07:42:36 AM EST
because that's cheating.. You lose on the eccentric phase (the down motion) of the lift by lettings gravity do the work and not a controlled descent, and you cheat/gain momentum on the concentric/up/lift phase from the bounce.. (and may or may not risk injury from the impact shock traveling through bar to arms).

start from dead stop. by gzt (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Nov 06, 2009 at 08:35:16 AM EST
that's why it's called a dead lift. also, bouncing the weights usually means you don't set your back properly before beginning the pull, which means you'll injure yourself. but, you know, putting down a bar loaded to 405 with iron plates can be harsh on your floor if you don't have the right flooring.

maybe you should lower your standards by lm (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Nov 05, 2009 at 05:49:37 PM EST
Just sayin'

Cicero, The Republic
you're right. by gzt (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Nov 06, 2009 at 08:36:17 AM EST
I will accept some kinds of management science.