Print Story Mean Ol' Mr. Gravity
Travel
By gzt (Mon Nov 30, 2009 at 01:00:47 PM EST) gzt, v, fringe, that hideous strength, 70s big (all tags)
I started on Silence by Endo. I got like 30 pages in.

I really like the dank basement gym. I went yesterday. I'll go tomorrow. I'll have to get chalk for myself soon (and a little chalk bag). I should have a gym bag - the backpack I use isn't quite ideal. Nah, it's actually serviceable. Eventually, I should get a belt, but it's not important just yet. Eventually, long after that, neoprene knee sleeves (sooner if needed for knee health).

I really like burritos. We ate burritos last night after I went to the gym. I also drank a lot of milk.

I reread That Hideous Strength over the weekend. Mr. Bultitude is one of my favorite literary characters.

Hmm, I suppose I should get some work done.

When I dropped off the car we rented for the weekend, they asked if I needed a ride back (free rides!). I said no, not thinking. Drat! I could've had them drop me off at work or the train station. Train station would probably be quicker, really, given traffic at that time. And, still, getting a ride probably would've entailed waiting or something. BONUS: they charged the special weekend 50% off rate for all five days instead of only four of the days, which is what they originally quoted.

Other bonus: getting caught up on Fringe. It's not great literature, as it were, but it's quite fun.

Watched the first episode of V. Not worth continuing.

< We are numbered. | I could use a $10 a minute job >
Mean Ol' Mr. Gravity | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
V fail by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Nov 30, 2009 at 01:49:22 PM EST
V pulled the same shit that Heroes pulled it's first "season." Nothing, boring, nothing, boring FAMILY DRAMA, boring, nothing OMG LOOK WHAT'S HAPPENING! The cliffhanger was epic, but, now that they've actually set up something to happen, I'm guessing we'll never get to see another episode.

Good background noise for lizard feeding time though, I'll give it that.

I found S1 Heroes compelling enough to watch by gzt (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Nov 30, 2009 at 02:35:45 PM EST
I don't know why I watched S2, though. Habit? I was drunk?

I guess in a way. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Nov 30, 2009 at 02:42:57 PM EST
S1 Heroes presented questions as a pretense for not actually having anything happen, so at least it had that going for it. S2 though, they gave up asking questions and just left the nothing idea to hang around and air out, like weeks old garbage.

V made the mistake in believing we would want the same questions asked as we already had answered with the series in the eighties. Though the cliffhanger was very compelling. Millions of V ships were headed to Earth as the end credits began to roll.

S1 heroes by garlic (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Nov 30, 2009 at 04:25:44 PM EST
was better than lost, in that questions got answered at the end of the season.

Sorta. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Nov 30, 2009 at 05:17:48 PM EST
If by answered you mean, asked again.

Lost was fail from episode one. As soon as they had the mysterious creature scene I gave up and stopped watching. Too many years of watching Alias and STILL waiting for answers to star another show like that.

I did hear rumors that eventually Lost is going to be explained away as a Rambaldi device in the end. If it is, I will laugh hard.

alias ? by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Nov 30, 2009 at 08:33:45 PM EST
You never watched Earth2 ?

That Hideous Strength by lm (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Nov 30, 2009 at 07:08:23 PM EST
. . . is one of my favorite novels. It's not great literature, but it is awesome in its own particular fashion.

I wanted to catch the remake of V but I couldn't be arsed.

Cicero, The Republic