Print Story Work and stuff.
By nightflameblue (Tue Nov 03, 2009 at 03:17:08 PM EST) (all tags)
Yeah, that's all there.

Inside, LLT meets some of her new subjects.

Work has so been work. So work it's not even worth talking about. Aside from saying my new favorite hobby is using zippy's head as a target.

Not a picture. His head.

Trust me. It was deserved.

Meet your new master.

Mrs. NFB told me last night, "She's so funny and so cute. You know, I think it might even be love."

From, "if that thing can live outside it's tank, it is NOT coming into this house," to "I think it might even be love." And they say people can't change.

Pup1 is fascinated by her. Pup2 wants to kiss her, the same way she kisses the kitties. We have to restrain Pup2 every night when LLT's out for her feedings until she calms enough to approach slowly. Mr. Kitten has already taken to sitting in my lap at the same time as LLT, watching her closely, with a calm, relaxed expression. No sign at all of the bug-destroying death-dealer he usually is. Kitty2 acts like he doesn't notice her. I tease Mrs. NFB that it's because she's taking away mommy's attention. Miss Kitten is oblivious of everything but the cricket tank, which has become such an obsession we have to remind her to eat or she'll forget.

It's an interesting little herd in our house. Very interesting.

We have to decide before tonight whether we can trust LLT with watching V with us. She may get ideas watching a story about a bunch of lizard people taking over. I only hope she treats us as well as we've treated her when she's in charge.

< Maybe we should've had a Unity Candle | Baby ETA ~1.5 Months >
Work and stuff. | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Either you are a giant by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Nov 03, 2009 at 04:23:08 PM EST
Surrounded by direwolves, or that is a tiny lizard.

From your previous descriptions I was expecting a 6" leviathan, all claws and teeth and red in nature.

No matter.  LLT will be properly looked after, fed well, warmed and cooled as appropriate, and by the look of it, endlessly entertained.

Kudos, Sir, and even more to your Good Lady Wife.

Tiny in stature by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Nov 04, 2009 at 07:29:09 AM EST
But believe me, in her mind she is that giant monster. Personality galore.

And yeah, I'm a lucky guy with Mrs. NFB. And I'm very appreciative of it.

the pups.. by infinitera (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Nov 03, 2009 at 06:19:33 PM EST
Adopted black lab + somethings?

I only ask because when we adopted ours, there were so many black lab mutts (including him, half-dane).

Yep. by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #5 Wed Nov 04, 2009 at 07:21:46 AM EST
Pup1 = Lab + unknown.

Pup2 = Lab + rat terrier.

Humain Society is always filled to the brim around here with lab mixes. They certainly make good companion animals.

they do! by infinitera (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Nov 04, 2009 at 09:11:04 AM EST
Smith is great. We just have to work on his guarding behavior (2 months living with us so far, and he's adjusted great in other ways). He tries to guard us from a great many things & people (mostly tall men).

Ours both went through that. by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #9 Wed Nov 04, 2009 at 11:08:51 AM EST

I think all it ever took to stop them going guard dog on somebody was for us to engage them in conversation. As soon as we said hi, they'd back down. But nobody messes with their other animals. Mrs. NFB's parents tried to reach under the bed to pet Kitty1 once and Pup1 about tore their heads off. And she loves those two most of the time.

That was a long time ago though. Now they're pretty laid back unless someone comes in the yard they don't know and we don't greet them.

Heh, good job by Gedvondur (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Nov 03, 2009 at 06:57:57 PM EST
Good job with LLT.  Very interesting.

I don't know why you want to punish the poor little creature by making it watch V.

V is recycled 80s pseudo-sci crap reconstituted out of it's grave by Hollywood grassfuckers who are determined to make a buck off of anyone 30-45.

Just you wait, Thundercats and Buck Rodgers are next.  bede-bede-bede.

Gedvondur

"...I almost puked like a pregnant StackyMcRacky." --MillMan
But, but. . . but by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #6 Wed Nov 04, 2009 at 07:26:05 AM EST
Morena Baccarin. Alan Tudyk. Lizard Alien People.

I heard they were making a new Thundercats cartoon. Except, instead of starting with the premise of crash-landing on an alien world, they crash-land on Earth and start a rock band. Kill the Jem and Thundercat's franchises in one fell swoop.

Cute lizard by debacle (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Nov 03, 2009 at 09:07:35 PM EST
Looks like Mrs. NFB could use a shave though, eh? Look at that knee.

Work and stuff. | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback