Print Story 2009-11-23
By dev trash (Mon Nov 23, 2009 at 09:52:43 PM EST) (all tags)
The Wow is it almost December and where did this year go edition.

1. What was the big deal with Levi Johnston and Playgirl?  From what I hear, no frontal nudity and what is shown is no worse than a NYPD Blue episode.
2.  Dennis Franz's ass was something I could have gone my whole life never seeing.  Thank you ABC for that scar.
3.  I was going to leave straight from work tomorrow for the Thanksgiving break, but I'm taking home a frozen lasagna, and I can't let that sit in the car while I'm at work.  I did buy some ice tonight for the trip home ( it's 3.5 hours)  So I just have to stop back at the apartment and get the lasagna.
4.  14 of us at Grandma's this year.  Which is pretty decent, but not quite the max.  The max I think would be 30.
5.  NaNo is at 45733.
6.  Got drunk Saturday night on Yuengling Black and Tan. 11 of em.  They are just so tasty.
7.  Cleaning out the freezer tonight, I found a bottle of vodka, half full.  Not sure when that was from.
8.  Right now I want to spend New Year's Eve either with someone who is not family or all alone.  Family is okay and all, but meh.
9.  A friend, who I am also a tad smitten with, asked me what a corn maze was.  She had asked what I had done for my birthday, and I told her I had gone to the corn maze.
10.  I am not sure why that is important.  She's not USian, but she does live in Tampa. She's from St. Maarten I believe, so Dutch maybe?  I get my Caribbean Island nationalities messed up.
11.  Note to Facebook people: Don't make absolutions about things you are unsure of.  There is more than one Non-President on American currency.  Also don't get huffy when I ask if you have a $10 in your wallet.
12.  There is no 12.
13.  Is it wrong that I'm thinking of going to Walmart on Friday just to see if I can get some stampede footage?
< on the big apple | Ten years ago today >
2009-11-23 | 22 comments (22 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
My one and only Black Friday story by jayhawk88 (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Nov 24, 2009 at 06:22:00 AM EST
This has been maybe 4 or 5 years ago. Jenn had to work the Friday after, and I was at home just enjoying the day off. Eventually I decided I needed a power strip for some reason, and figured I'd just roll to Best Buy to get it, so I could of course go look over other stuff as well.

Now, keep in mind that this is around 3 in the afternoon that Friday. It never even entered my mind that there would be a problem going to Best Buy on that day. I figured the "door buster" sales had been done and gone for at least 8 hours or so by then.

I step into the place and it looks busy, but not overly so. I go seek out the power strip, and go look at some games, when I start to notice something odd. People just standing around on the far side of the store. They're not shopping, they're just standing there. It takes me a while to figure out that these people are standing in line for the register. Only they're not by the registers, they're back by the car audio. If you've ever been in a Best Buy you perhaps have some sense of what this means.

I wander over to look and the register line is at least 150 people deep. They've got them wound around a couple of aisles near the register before the line finally spilled out into the main aisle and tailed back towards the back of the store. And it's not like they just had one register open either; every register is running, and they've got two people actively assigning customers to registers as they're made available. Pretty efficient, and the line is indeed moving at a decent clip.

And yet the size of this line is not getting smaller; if anything it's growing. The sheer number of people in this store wanting to buy whatever just blew my mind. I think I went ahead and suffered the line, because I was sort of afraid at what Wal Mart or Target might look like.

Best Buy by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #15 Tue Nov 24, 2009 at 11:39:32 PM EST
I was there right around 22 or 23 of December one year to pick up a camera I had ordered online.  There was a line, oh yes, but it was not all that bad.

Click
This Black Friday I will spend money at by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Nov 24, 2009 at 08:26:45 AM EST
my local mechanic's, because the 120k mile service is due. I will spend more on my car than on all my family and friends combined. The mechanic better appreciate the boat payment.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Dutch or French. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Nov 24, 2009 at 11:09:20 AM EST
Either way, they fuck like stray cats. You should try to get some of that action. Also, Europeans don't know shit about corn, other than deeming it animal fodder.

I love your imagery by marvin (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Nov 24, 2009 at 12:29:28 PM EST
You're making me regret not having gone after that Dutch girl in Grade 12, who was a recent immigrant to Canada. She wore the coolest stockings.

Dutch wimminz: by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #8 Tue Nov 24, 2009 at 05:06:03 PM EST
Guilt-free fuckbunnies.

Thanks for that by marvin (4.00 / 1) #12 Tue Nov 24, 2009 at 07:09:53 PM EST
I've been noticing recently that I didn't have enough regrets in my life already. Having additional regrets should help me overcome that situation.

I see... by greyshade (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Nov 24, 2009 at 01:38:38 PM EST
So I should ask that cute chick from Normandy if she'll let me touch it before she goes back home?

By all means, Hell yes. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #9 Tue Nov 24, 2009 at 05:10:40 PM EST
I have an acquaintance on $OTHERNETWORKINGSITE who routinely flaunts the site's TOS by posting nudes of herself.

Guess where she's from?

Woo! by greyshade (4.00 / 1) #11 Tue Nov 24, 2009 at 05:21:44 PM EST
I'm goanna touch me some bewbies 2nite!

To a French woman . . . by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #13 Tue Nov 24, 2009 at 08:47:12 PM EST
the breast is truly no more intimate than the back of the hand.

(Comment Deleted) by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #10 Tue Nov 24, 2009 at 05:11:02 PM EST

This comment has been deleted by ammoniacal

you're not taking advice from by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #17 Tue Nov 24, 2009 at 11:46:45 PM EST
a guy who can't tell if a woman wants him in bed?

Click
not every thing is about getting laid. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #16 Tue Nov 24, 2009 at 11:40:45 PM EST
I've known her for years.  She sent me flowers and a DVD once.

Click
Dude! by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #18 Wed Nov 25, 2009 at 01:21:06 AM EST
She TOTALLY wants you!

get out! by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #19 Wed Nov 25, 2009 at 07:53:23 PM EST
Should I email her and ask her what she's doin for New Year's Eve?

Click
!? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #20 Thu Nov 26, 2009 at 01:23:27 AM EST
Dude, that's too far away. No more than 2 weeks out, unless it's a concert, the opera, or a trip abroad.

abroad by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #21 Fri Nov 27, 2009 at 12:17:49 AM EST
well Tampa is pretty much Cuba right?

Click
Yeah, from Pennsyltucky by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #22 Fri Nov 27, 2009 at 04:52:49 AM EST
that counts as abroad.

11 Yuenglings? by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Nov 24, 2009 at 12:10:02 PM EST
Shoot, I doubt I could drink more than 6 in an evening, I've lost my tolerance.

Nov. 23 by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue Nov 24, 2009 at 12:39:33 PM EST
Nov. 23 was my grandmother's birthday. She would have been 90 yesterday.

She's been dead for 23 years, but I still miss her. More, truth be told, than I miss my mom.

22nd by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #14 Tue Nov 24, 2009 at 11:38:22 PM EST
Is my grandfather's.  He would have been 91.  He died on Thanksgiving and my uncle's birthday.  Only ever thing I remember is watching Major League on VHS.

Click