Print Story iWaddle
Family
By LilFlightTest (Mon Nov 16, 2009 at 06:43:41 PM EST) (all tags)
and my pelvis hurts.

my crotch hurts. Stacky knows what i'm talking about. my lower back hurts. my hips hurt. all because i'm getting heavier, and my joints are loosening. Make way for ducklings...i mean, babies. Choir rehearsals leave me exhausted and breathless. Having smushed up lungs doesn't help much, nor does the fact that the Messiah has some long passages in which i'm not supposed to breathe.

ultrasound is next week. i feel large. it will only get worse.

i am less sick than before. I'm generally feeling decent, much less pukey, though i do still feel crummy sometimes. progress.

work, is...worky. it's coming to the stressful time of the year where i have to watch a budget very closely. it's a very fine line i have to walk, getting enough supplies while not getting more than we can use, all before the deadline.

I need a new car. My beloved convertible developed a debilitating transmission condition in which i get no gears beyond first. fixable? yes. but should we? do i want to put a newborn in a convertible? do i want to spend the time and money on a car with that many miles?

Baby is making me stupid. I'm having trouble with words and completing thoughts/sentences. memory also sucks.

not much else...i'm now going grocery shopping almost twice a week, since i can eat everything in the house in a few days. Tummy likes bananas, so i must have those on hand. cereal and milk are also vital. i'm getting sick of grocery shopping.

i'm going to waddle myself back to the couch now...

< trade wars... | For the last 18 months or so... >
iWaddle | 30 comments (30 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
cars by lm (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Nov 16, 2009 at 06:54:22 PM EST
Add up all the repair costs (past and estimated) minus routine maintenance for the past two years and divide by twenty-four. If the result is higher than the monthly payment for a new car, go buy a new car.

And as far as convertibles and children go the only important question is whether or not child seats can be safely strapped in to the back seat.

With regards to the non-car issues, I can only try to imagine what your going through. It sounds like it sucks but I would have no way to know. I hope it's as easy for you as it can be.

Cicero, The Republic
Cars by dmg (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Nov 16, 2009 at 07:29:12 PM EST
Cars are not a rational proposition...

You could do that calculation, but then you would have to think about the intangible, existential issues of convertible ownership, the smell of freshly cut grass/ freshly sprayed silage as you drive through the countryside with the roof down. The envious looks of the square non-convertible drivers, etc etc etc.

Don't get rid of the convertible, there are much bigger risks than that. It's a slow death if you start to apply utilitarian risk management principles to your  life.

dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
I both agree and disagree by lm (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Nov 16, 2009 at 08:20:30 PM EST
The value of how much fun a car is to drive certainly is not a rational proposition.

Whether or not fixing an existing car is a prudent move relative to buying a new car certainly is a rational proposition.

Cicero, The Republic
Indeed by dmg (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Nov 16, 2009 at 10:27:23 PM EST
My point being that prudence should seldom enter into the equation, except insofar as finances dictate.

When one drives an unusual vehicle of any kind, one is engaging in a form of theatre/performance art.

The people watching you drive around in your exotic convertible are having their lives enriched, (whether they agree/like it or not)
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
i can think of by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #29 Tue Nov 17, 2009 at 11:48:47 PM EST
several thousand in the past two years for sure, and at least another thousand to fix it this time. it depends whether i need to take into account what the shop would have charged for the same repairs, because we did the work ourselves. for a car with 200k miles, it may not be worth repairing. On the other hand, after a new transmission (well...junkyard) the only thing that's really going to go out is the engine or another bearing....
---------
Wait wait wait wait by technician (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Nov 16, 2009 at 08:43:13 PM EST
how did I miss that? Did I miss that?

I had the hardest damn day today. Anyway...you're pregnant? Holy heck!

Dude, where have you been? by atreides (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Nov 16, 2009 at 09:14:02 PM EST
Yeah, it's been at least a year [nt] by debacle (2.00 / 0) #16 Tue Nov 17, 2009 at 09:13:27 AM EST

yeah, you missed that by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Nov 16, 2009 at 11:41:29 PM EST
it's been mentioned in at least two diaries, but to be fair, i really only revealed it about a month ago.
---------
Yeesh. by technician (2.00 / 0) #22 Tue Nov 17, 2009 at 10:55:47 AM EST
The things I miss. We're back to being too busy to think here, so I blame society...er...work.

ah yes, the Uncarved Block by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Nov 16, 2009 at 08:54:47 PM EST
it's creepy, isn't it?

as for the crotch pain:  pool.  or big bathtub.  being in water was the ONLY thing that reduced the pain.

glad to hear the pukes have reduced.

i agree with lm on the car thing: it's more about safety.

sleeping sucks by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon Nov 16, 2009 at 11:46:41 PM EST
i was formerly a back sleeper. now that that's uncomfortable, i've got to sleep on my side, which makes my hip and shoulder hurt, so i need to roll over, which means i have to flop the pillow over to the other side, after moving my bedmate's limbs, and repeat it all again an hour later

the crotch pain isn't terrible yet, at this stage it's mostly just uncomfortable. I'm having an issue with my low back, messing with my sciatic nerve, making ouches when i walk, but so far that comes and goes. I've got about 5 more months of this, so i've gotta learn to deal with it, but...uncomfortable.
---------

get the prenatal yoga dvd by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #18 Tue Nov 17, 2009 at 10:18:31 AM EST
it helps a LOT with the lower back pain.  it gently stretches everything out so you can function for a little while.

Never been the same by littlestar (2.00 / 0) #21 Tue Nov 17, 2009 at 10:37:36 AM EST
sleeping since babies, and, unfortunately it gets worse. I still have a messed up hip from birthing and whatnot, I blame the ten and half pound baby, it's like the gate didn't close properly after it opened for him and now my hips and shit shift around and cause me pain. Meh. Damn wiener kids.

*twinkle*twinkle*

My crotch hurts too. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #10 Tue Nov 17, 2009 at 12:08:22 AM EST
I attribute mine to the herp.

why's every husier and kuron by Nigga (2.00 / 0) #11 Tue Nov 17, 2009 at 01:29:26 AM EST
having babies all at the same time

Planned breeding by jayhawk88 (2.00 / 0) #12 Tue Nov 17, 2009 at 07:06:52 AM EST
To further our takeover of the globe.

Shit by jayhawk88 (4.00 / 3) #13 Tue Nov 17, 2009 at 07:07:26 AM EST
Mod, can you delete parent? I've said too much.

We're a subset of by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #14 Tue Nov 17, 2009 at 08:29:59 AM EST
Linus's Plan.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Yeah by codemonkey uk (2.00 / 0) #24 Tue Nov 17, 2009 at 04:53:41 PM EST
Most adults do that eventually.

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.
eventually, sure by Nigga (2.00 / 0) #26 Tue Nov 17, 2009 at 05:11:15 PM EST
though all within the same couple months?

You're just sensitised to it by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #30 Wed Nov 18, 2009 at 09:02:34 AM EST
Which means you're next.

Baby stupid by duxup (2.00 / 0) #15 Tue Nov 17, 2009 at 08:48:41 AM EST
The Mrs. noted that too.  Hormones make and break us it seems.

____
From my experience by debacle (4.00 / 3) #17 Tue Nov 17, 2009 at 09:14:50 AM EST
They never get it back, either, and the crazy never goes away.

i want to be angry at this by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 2) #19 Tue Nov 17, 2009 at 10:20:10 AM EST
but it's kind of true.  my brain (and body) hasn't been the same since i was pregnant.

however, i had crazy before.  now my crazy is different.

Just wait until he's five by debacle (4.00 / 1) #20 Tue Nov 17, 2009 at 10:27:01 AM EST
It's scary watching my wife relive my mother's life.

i won't be my mother by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 1) #23 Tue Nov 17, 2009 at 02:40:14 PM EST
i'll be my father.

My wife an explain it by codemonkey uk (4.00 / 1) #25 Tue Nov 17, 2009 at 04:55:22 PM EST
It's something to do with the baby leaching important brain development chemicals.  From your brain.

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.
it may by LilFlightTest (4.00 / 1) #28 Tue Nov 17, 2009 at 06:49:17 PM EST
also have something to do with being tired.
---------
KISSES!!! by misslake (2.00 / 0) #27 Tue Nov 17, 2009 at 06:21:06 PM EST
glad to hear you are feeling less pukey. best wishes for you and the babe and the hubby.

iWaddle | 30 comments (30 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback