Print Story why are all songs about autumn sad?
By Dr H0ffm4n (Tue Nov 10, 2009 at 03:50:37 AM EST) (all tags)
Life is not all bad in Autumn. There's a freshness in the biting air, and fun to be had kicking gold and red crunchy leaves that someone has neatly piled up.

Dear Husi Peeps,

It's been a while.

I'm back in Docklands till mid December on a silly priced contract that will pay for Xmas and the 5 months I took off since May. I got most of what I wanted to get done in that time. Actually I got most done in the last two weeks of that time off to be honest...

Current woman, Rxx, is a struggle at times (bad) but well worth it when we actually manage to get some time together (good). We won't actually get a day together till around Xmas so it's just snatched evenings once or twice a week when we're both knackered. We won't get to spend Xmas together as she's going to her parents because her dad is seriously ill. I'll be with my midgets and their mother (MoM) at mine.

George, WPKAW's rabbit, had a seizure last week and is partially blind, lame and having to be fed by hand and is constrained to his travelling box to stop him injuring himself when he panics and spins and rolls across the floor, crashing into any furniture he finds along the way. He may recover, time will tell. He had a much milder episode like this a couple of years ago from which he almost completely recovered. It's been odd not having him running around, chewing everything and throwing strops.

Midgets are thriving though. Both are now at the same school. Major Midget is now doing GCSE's and Minor Midget is top of her class in most subjects. MoM has been dumped recently by her long time chap. He only got round to telling her 6 weeks after he'd started seeing someone else. So MoM is a mess and I'm lending some small support.

Next Friday I take my driving test. Please to be clear of the roads of North London between 930am and 1030am.

Thanks
Dr H

< Trip report | You are leaving the American sector. >
why are all songs about autumn sad? | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Long time no see. by komet (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Nov 10, 2009 at 05:42:59 AM EST
You missed the hog stock. It was epic.

<ni> komet: You are functionally illiterate as regards trashy erotica.
I saw the pics by Dr H0ffm4n (4.00 / 1) #4 Tue Nov 10, 2009 at 06:53:29 AM EST
Who was the chap who played guitar and then passed out on the floor ;)

though of you the other day by clock (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Nov 10, 2009 at 06:16:15 AM EST
thanks for dropping a line.  good luck with the test and keep kicking over the leaves (though not with a car)!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

driving into giant leaf piles with a car by Dr H0ffm4n (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Nov 10, 2009 at 07:31:21 AM EST
excellent idea!!

Welcome back. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Nov 10, 2009 at 06:48:19 AM EST
Good to hear from you.

thx for update, good to know you're doing well by marvin (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue Nov 10, 2009 at 07:48:57 AM EST
You make Rxx sound so temporary though, by describing her as "current woman".

Everything is temporary by Dr H0ffm4n (2.00 / 0) #8 Tue Nov 10, 2009 at 08:35:23 AM EST
I take no future for granted.

Plus I've not talked about Rxx much here. Although we've been seeing each other since Feb.

Docklands by TPD (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Nov 10, 2009 at 08:15:44 AM EST
give me a shout if you fancy a beer after work or grabbing lunch while you are in this neck of the woods.

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
I love autumn as well by nebbish (2.00 / 0) #9 Tue Nov 10, 2009 at 08:35:29 AM EST
God, you've got me thinking I really should take some driving lessons myself before it's too late...

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

It's you! by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #10 Tue Nov 10, 2009 at 09:13:28 AM EST
Would you stop kicking my nice piles of freshly swept leaves?

Sounds like you're getting a bit of normality back in your life.  Good to hear that.

MM is sitting GCSE's?  Where did that time go?

One day by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #11 Tue Nov 10, 2009 at 09:34:32 AM EST
In a far distant country on a beautiful autumn day, as I was merrily kicking up leaves, I put my foot, with some force, through the corpse of a rotting pigeon.

And I by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #13 Tue Nov 10, 2009 at 10:28:48 AM EST
Counted myself fortunate to be wearing heavy workboots that clunked meatily against the tree stump under the leaves.

Excellent idea by Driusan (4.00 / 1) #14 Tue Nov 10, 2009 at 01:20:25 PM EST
I'll have to put dead pigeons in all my piles of leaves until people learn their lesson and stop kicking them over.

Vive le Montréal libre.
I can hook you up, brother, by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #15 Tue Nov 10, 2009 at 01:44:27 PM EST
I know where to get dead pigeons at a price you wouldn't believe.

Nice to hear from you. by hulver (2.00 / 0) #12 Tue Nov 10, 2009 at 09:52:25 AM EST
Midgets don't half grow up quick. Makes me feel old.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock