Print Story FIREFLY FOREVER!
Sci-Fi
By nightflameblue (Tue Oct 27, 2009 at 06:29:52 AM EST) (all tags)

Nathan Fillion is my admitted man crush. So, I do on occassion watch Castle, his current show.

We've been rewatching Firefly for something like the fourth time recently, so we're in the Firefly/Serenity mindspace in my home anyway.

Last night, world's collided.

Enter Castle in full-on Malcom Reynolds getup.

Castle's daughter, "what is that?"

Castle, "I'm trying on my Halloween costume."

"And what exactly are you supposed to be?"

"Space cowboy."

"Didn't you wear that five years ago?"

"Well, yeah. But it's still cool."

Me: *SWOONS*.

There were also Buffy references for those that swing that way. It was like last night was Joss Wedon tribute night on Castle. Haven't found the clip online yet, though I suppose they'll have the episode up on the network website sometime today.

< FFC extension (sigh) | I think there are teabaggers protesting in front of my building. >
FIREFLY FOREVER! | 17 comments (17 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I love him in a manly way. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #1 Tue Oct 27, 2009 at 08:47:19 AM EST
I will seek out this "Castle" and watch it.

how I met your mother by garlic (4.00 / 2) #2 Tue Oct 27, 2009 at 10:15:22 AM EST
come for the allyson hannigan, stay for the NPH.

I DVRed the show. by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #3 Tue Oct 27, 2009 at 03:42:46 PM EST
Seeing him in that costume made my heart go all thumpity. I even made my kids come in my room to see him. They didn't care about Firefly, but if he'd dressed up as Capt. Hammer they would have been more appreciative.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

Captain Hammer. by nightflameblue (4.00 / 2) #10 Wed Oct 28, 2009 at 11:23:59 AM EST
There is always next year. Something tells me this is one show that will be on for a while.

Yeah. by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #11 Wed Oct 28, 2009 at 04:30:01 PM EST
It's boring enough that probably anyone would watch it. I find the actress who plays Beckett annoying. She seems more like a poser than Castle.

Only reason I watch it is for Nathan.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

Boring, cop drama, lacking characters by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #14 Wed Oct 28, 2009 at 08:36:16 PM EST
Yep. Full speed ahead. It'll be around for ages. About the only two that really strike me as being interesting are Castle and his daughter, and I can't even remember her name on the show, so, it's got all the necessary ingredients for longevity. The less week-to-week interest they generate, the more likely they seem to be to stick around.

Who'd have known we'd have the same opinion? by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #16 Wed Oct 28, 2009 at 09:04:25 PM EST
I wish the networks weren't so predictable.

For instance, I knew with the first episode of Pushing Daisies that it wouldn't last long. But then I've been on the losing side of favorite shows for a long time. "My So Called Life", ":Freaks and Geeks", etc, etc.

At least we'll be able to watch Nathan for quite a while.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

yeah well by dev trash (4.00 / 1) #4 Tue Oct 27, 2009 at 05:15:27 PM EST
Summer Glau is in Dollhouse except they ( and by they I mean the shiteaters at Fox ) out the show in the corner.  Er I mean hiatus.

I mentioned this at work and the Fox apoligists were all like 'oh because of the World Series and all'  Til Decemeber? That's a hell of a baseball game.

Click

Morena Baccarin by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Oct 28, 2009 at 06:50:13 AM EST
In the upcoming V, which I'll likely be watching.

Fox has a history of canceling or "hiatus"ing shows worth watching. I gave up on new Fox shows after the cancellation of Harsh Realm out of the blue after six episodes. Best new show I'd seen in years, and they just switched to showing Cops reruns out of the blue for week seven.

they keep by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Oct 28, 2009 at 08:44:15 AM EST
putting good shows in the FRIDAY SLOT OF DEATH, then wonder why nobody watches.

That or the shuffle. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Oct 28, 2009 at 11:09:29 AM EST
Different timeslot every week, decided the day before they air it so you can't find it even if you wanted to watch it.

what I found odd this hiatus season by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #13 Wed Oct 28, 2009 at 05:58:28 PM EST
Was that one of the three moved to Sunday.  Which, while booked solid, is not so bad.

Click
holy shit by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #12 Wed Oct 28, 2009 at 05:55:24 PM EST
When is this on?

I was a huge V fan back in the day but I distaste re-does, but well if Morena's in it.

Click

Tuesday I believe? by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #15 Wed Oct 28, 2009 at 08:37:04 PM EST
ABC. I think they have the 8/7 Central time slot.

that it is. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #17 Thu Oct 29, 2009 at 06:43:33 PM EST
Nothing like a lil bit of hottie after voting.

Click
Did you see the easter egg in that scene? by riceowlguy (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Oct 28, 2009 at 04:22:07 AM EST
I didn't see it (I don't watch TV much) but I heard about it on the Twitters.  Anyway, if you can, watch that scene again and look for something Firefly-related in the background.

I was too amazed by the outfit. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Oct 28, 2009 at 06:47:07 AM EST
I'll have to try and find it and look again.

FIREFLY FOREVER! | 17 comments (17 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback