Print Story Following on from the email enquiry.
HuSi
By hulver (Thu Oct 22, 2009 at 11:22:17 AM EST) (all tags)
I've stuck a little box on the side, with a couple of links that make posting HuSi entries to Facebook and Twitter easier.

There's nothing sinister about it, you click the button / link, and it pulls up the relevant site ready for posting it.

There's no API use, I'm not selling your data to facebook or anything like that.

It's slightly easier than copy and paste, but that's about it.

I might add some others there if people are interested.

As usual, you can turn it off if you're not interested in using the links.

< Equality | Help me HuSi >
Following on from the email enquiry. | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Blimey, that was quick! by TheophileEscargot (4.00 / 2) #1 Thu Oct 22, 2009 at 11:42:50 AM EST
Twitter one works, can't speak for Faceybook.
Really easy. by hulver (4.00 / 1) #8 Thu Oct 22, 2009 at 01:06:59 PM EST
It's just a bit of html. The email stuff involves actuall programming (in perl!) so will take a bit longer.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
But is there a way to turn off receiving them? by Driusan (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Oct 22, 2009 at 11:48:59 AM EST
I don't need 5 facebook shared links and a hotlist entry every time CheeseburgerBrown posts a diary.

Vive le Montréal libre.
that's between you and your FB friends by aphrael (4.00 / 1) #3 Thu Oct 22, 2009 at 11:52:53 AM EST
and FB failing to provide a better interface for controlling information flow.
Perhaps by Driusan (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Oct 22, 2009 at 12:08:41 PM EST
But FB doesn't provide that interface, turning it off on HuSi doesn't change that.

Vive le Montréal libre.
(Comment Deleted) by xth (4.00 / 4) #4 Thu Oct 22, 2009 at 11:59:06 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by xth

Sadly by ucblockhead (4.00 / 1) #6 Thu Oct 22, 2009 at 12:31:39 PM EST
I just realized that I use both services under my real name...
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Well, right. by ana (4.00 / 1) #7 Thu Oct 22, 2009 at 12:35:36 PM EST
I have at least 3 online personae, and these 3 services have different names attached. I don't much mind if people from here see my facebook stuff, but I'm not sure about the other way 'round. And I'm not going to mention Twitter.

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

Nice. by Gedvondur (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Oct 22, 2009 at 01:20:38 PM EST
Thank you!

Gedvondur

"...I almost puked like a pregnant StackyMcRacky." --MillMan
FYI by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Oct 22, 2009 at 01:24:14 PM EST
The little close box (.../post?hid-box  doesn't close the box.
(Comment Deleted) by garlic (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu Oct 22, 2009 at 05:31:26 PM EST

This comment has been deleted by garlic

OMG!!! Thanks!!! by hugin (2.67 / 3) #12 Thu Oct 22, 2009 at 07:23:27 PM EST
You are like 100 times better than rusty!  He has not updated K5 in like 3 years since he began the $5 extortion program.

hugs n kisses, hugin

THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED.
~hulver the loler
Improvement by priestess (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Oct 23, 2009 at 05:27:22 AM EST
It posts the entire URL of the site into the twitter box, would presumably be more helpful if it shortened the link first (not for facebook though, where the full link is more useful).

Either having a short form of the link at http://hulver.com/wefwe for example, or else just using bt.ly etc.

Don't do it on my account though, I'm happy to just click my bt.ly bookmarklet really, it's no harder than clicking the Twitter link.

Pre..........
---------
Chat to the virtual me...

Might do by hulver (4.00 / 1) #14 Fri Oct 23, 2009 at 06:02:16 AM EST
It would help if Twitter's web interface wasn't a complete pile of shite though, and made it easier for people using it to shorten urls.

The text that gets sent over to twitter should always be on or under the 140 character limit, even with the url added.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock